No need to be anxious.
462 3 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(3rd person POV) 

“Lynn. Do you think you can get Akame home for me?” Victoria asked as she looked at the shadowy figure that was slowly moving forth through the smoke, dust and debris they lifted to the air from their loud and destructive landing. 

Their attack seemed targeted. Victoria and Bai yi’s mention of this unexpected guest must have hinted towards the person causing this destruction right outside the location they were currently at. Akame could guess as much as Lynn took Akame into her arms and dashed off too fast for Akame’s eyes to keep up. Only one echoing noise left her mouth as they departed. “Mum!” 

While the anxious Akame was being taken back to the mansion by Lynn, Bai yi and Victoria walked out the shop and stood in a relaxed posture in front of the cloud of dust that was slowly dispersing into the atmosphere leaving the area back to its regular view other than the utterly crushed tarmac which had a spider web look to it from the landing of whoever caused it. 

“Why are you back?” Victoria said with an agitated tone, “whatever it is, I’m not up for it.” Victoria waved her hand in front of her as the figure showed up with perfect clarity. 

“We’ve found them.” The person spoke slowly with a distorted voice, “we will need you to return for the time being, no longer than a few days so don’t worry your pretty little head~” 

“I’ve got a child to look after now so I don’t think I can do that, could I not just send someone else?” Victoria sighed, seemingly not pleased that the person referred to as ‘them’ has been found. 

“Hoh~  So you’ve found someone? How good is it?” They spoke again, voice still androgynous  as to not give a hint at who they were. The mask covering their face was the reason their voice sounded like that in the first place. 

Victoria, despite the other person having a mask covering the entirety of their face, seemed to know who was behind it and she wasn’t impressed with their impactful first impression they had on her daughter who she assumed to be home and safe.

‘Victoria should come along, she knows she can’t deviate too far from boss’s plans and she needs to be attentive to her wishes. She knows this all too well lest she wants it to happen again.’ The person behind a mask thought to themselves with a smile.

“She is a girl I found collapsed into the streets while in the rain, barely clothed and she looked starved. I decided, since I work at the hospital which you all know, to take her with me back there.” she put emphasis on the ‘all’ as she looked around, aware of the multiple other presences other than the three currently in view, “as I picked her up I noticed she was still alive and had internal injuries amongst many broken bo-“ 

“Skip to the good part, I know you always had a good eye for finding bundles of unused potential.” The person folded their arms. 

“Alright then,” Victoria sighed, “I’ll skip all the story then and get to the bit you wanted to hear but I’m not going to explain with too much detail since I can’t figure out much past this anyway myself. I’m only telling you this so you can delay the boss for me for another day, deal?”

“You know me too well~“ they laughed. “Deal. Now get on with it before I loose my patience with you and drag both you and Bai yi back to the base.” 

Bai yi laughed sinisterly, “oh~ you can try hunny.” She glared at them causing the one in question to turn their head away with a shiver. 

“I’ve found the one for-seen by Caleb. The one who can go either way like a river that meanders from the influence of others. Her quirk has an infinite potential but it’s unlike others. A quirk that’s never appeared before that had multiple uses. I can’t find out more than that. She herself hasn’t a clue about what her quirk is so I can’t delve further into it. Yet, that is. Just know that if any of you try hurting her then your dead. I don’t care which of you lackeys that blindly follow orders like a lost puppy come after me, you will all be cut down, you hear me? I want her to grow up happy and safe so don’t any of you dare. I’m leaving now, I’ll be at the regular by 08:00am tomorrow.” 

Victoria and Bai yi returned to the car and drove back home to the mansion. 

“Heh~ well~ that’s very interesting. I’ll definitely be reporting this back to the boss. I’m sure she will be very pleased.” They said as they sunk back into the alleyways and the next thing you know, they’re gone. 

(Back at the mansion but still 3rd person) 

Akame was anxiously pacing back and forth in front of the door. Lynn was standing by the door making sure she didn’t try to run back to Victoria to see if she was alright. 

There was a loud boom then smoke and debris was flying, Victoria was telling them to go back to the mansion and a persons figure was seen inside the smoke. The only assumption Akame could make at this moment was that someone was after her new mother and probably for a bad reason. They seemed strong and so did her mother but she didn’t know the power gap. She was nervous her new mother would leave, get taken, get injured or even..   Akame stopped her thoughts from turning that direction and focused back at the door in wait for Victoria to return. Akame knew she would return but just not when she would return.

After waiting for what seemed like forever for Akame, the door opened to reveal the two familiar figures of Bai yi and Victoria. 

‘Oh thank god.’ Akame though at she sighed in relief and ran to give them both a hug, “thank the gods.” She whispered .

“Akame, no need to be anxious sweetie, we are very strong.” Victoria said while stroking her head, “they wouldn’t be able to take me down even if they tried to. Though I will be leaving tomorrow morning for an important meeting.” 

Akame looked up at Victoria, “how long?” She asked with a sad tone, clearly she had decided to show her emotions to those she was living with, “how long will you be gone.” She repeated. 

“A few days probably. Minimum would be a day and a half, maximum, I wouldn’t be able to tell. There are always unexpected things that occur during those meetings.” Victoria replied. 

“Don’t worry, I’ll stay here with you~” Bai yi said cheerfully in hopes of changing Akame’s adorably sad expression to a more positive one and, to Bai yi’s happiness, worked. 

“Mm.” Akame nodded. 

“No need to be anxious sweetie~” Victoria cooed. 


______

(1172 words) 

18