Training my body. (1)
798 3 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(Still in 3rd person) 

The next day came, Akame was yet again at the front door but it was just her and Victoria, her adoptive mother and someone she cared for more than she knew or would let out. 

“Sweetie, I’ve got to go now. Don’t worry about me, I’ll be safe and I hope you’ll be the same but I don’t need to worry about that now do I~” Victoria said sweetly as she caressed Akame’s head with gentle strokes to soothe her worries while holding her close in a gentle but firm hug.

“Mm. Bai yi and everyone here will keep me safe.” Akame said as she snuggled her way further into her mother’s embrace, not wanting her to leave yet. 

“Sweetie, I’ve got to get going now~ it’s almost 7:30 and I don’t want to be late.” Victoria said softly causing Akame to pout slightly.

“Fine.” She grumbled and wiggled out of the hug, “stay safe.. mummy.” Akame mumbled the last bit under her breath as Victoria left. Akame assumed she couldn’t hear it but she most definitely could as she let out a small and short chuckle before dashing off. 

Akame was left at the front door alone until Bai yi came up behind her and placed her hand on Akame’s head, “Let’s go and get you some breakfast.” She said quietly as Akame nodded, trailing behind Bai yi like a duckling as they walked to the kitchen.

“What’s there to eat?” Akame asked. 

“What would you like?” 

“I don’t really know many foods. I saw a thing called french toast in a magazine before so could I maybe try that?” 

“Of course darling~” Bai yi spoke as she got everything necessary to begin making Akame’s breakfast.

“Is there anything to do today?” Akame asked as she sat down at the table, swinging her feet. 

“No there isn’t much. I’ve got plans set by Victoria about your homeschooling starting in a few weeks since it’s currently a school holiday but today, we can do whatever you want~” 

“I don’t know what to do though, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do, normally I’d be trying to find food since I’d be starving or just trying to keep warm but I don’t need to do that anymore so I’m clueless.” 

“Well your right about that, you must be very fit if you could do that everyday.” Bai yi mentioned, “do you enjoy exercise?” 

“Well yeah I guess I do, whenever I had enough food and I was safe I would normally work out so I would be able to run from danger when needed or i’d scan the area to find good hiding places and the most efficient way to run through them.” 

“Did you know how to protect yourself from them or just run?” 

“I’d just run. I wouldn’t be able to fight them even if I tried. I’m only four years old and they would be fully grown men, I’d have no chance.”

“That’s a good point. Do you want to know how to fight against them? It’ll help you later on and even now.” Bai yi placed down a plate with french toast on it directly in front of Akame. 

“Alright, I don’t see why not.” 

“We can start once you’ve finished breakfast then~” Bai yi sat down at the other side of the table, facing Akame, with a smile. 

Akame eagerly gobbled down her french toast, picking up a napkin to wipe around her mouth before getting up out of her chair, Bai yi did the same before walking over to Akame and picking her up, carrying her to a door that leads to a training room. 

“We should probably get your fitness up first before we do any sort of weapon training or martial arts.” Bai yi mumbled as she put Akame down on the floor gently and brushing her hand over her head while walking over to some equipment.

“What weapon do you use Bai yi?” Akame asked as she stood there waiting for Bai yi to grab whatever she was getting. 

“I use a katana and I can use most swords, I’ve trained with over 15 weapons so I’d say I’m quite good~” Bai yi hummed happily as she grabbed some weights and walked over to Akame, “let’s see how much you can lift first of all. Just do some bicep curls.” She said as she passed some 5kg dumbbell weights to Akame for her to continuously lift. 

“How long should I be doing bicep curls for?” 

“Do that for a minute or two~” 

“Also what’s a bicep curl? I’ve never heard of that before.” Akame asked innocently while looking at the 5kg weights she was holding in both of her hands. 

“Hmmm… you know when you bend your elbow..” 

Akame nodded.

“Just hold the weights, bend your elbows and then slowly bring the weight back down to your side.. like this~” Bai yi grabbed a 30kg weight since it was closest and demonstrated for Akame. 

“Oh, I see. So I’ll be doing that for a minute? And with both hands, correct?” 

“Yup~” Bai yi hummed. 

“Alright then.” Akame began her bicep curls while staring at her arms as she continuously brought them up, then down and back up. She felt no difficulty while doing it, she could feel the weights, obviously, but it wasn’t too hard for her. Eventually the one minute passed and Akame looked over to Bai yi for instructions on what to do next. 

“Did you find any difficulty in doing that?~” she asked sweetly.

“No, not really, if I continued that for a while then yes, I would start feeling it more.” 

“Would you like to try the next weight above that?” Bai yi said before mumbling under her breath, “..that might be too hard to train with weights above that for her age.. well it’s up to her..” 

Although Akame heard what Bai yi said under her breath, she still wanted to give it a go,“Can I try the next weight up?” 

“You can~“ Bai yi grabbed two 7.5kg weight and passed them to Akame while taking the 5kg ones out of her hands, “tell me if it’s too much.” 

“Hm.” Akame returned to doing bicep curls with the heavier weights and despite it only increasing with half of the first weights weight, it felt like quite a bit more. Akame kept going despite this and decided to train with the heavier ones and if it got too much then switch to the lighter ones as a sort of ‘break’ as she thought of, “I’ll use these ones then. The 7.5kg.” 

“If that’s what you want~” Bai yi went over to where the weights where again and grabbed some weighted wrist bands and some for Akame’s ankles as well, “here, put these on for me.” 

Akame put down the 7.5kg weighted dumbbells and grabbed a 7.5kg weighted wrist band and wrapped it around her small wrist before doing the same with her other wrist. She then began shifting her arms all over the place in an attempt to get used to it. Akame picked up the remaining two and bent down to then wrap them around each ankle before standing back up straight.

Akame walked in circles a few times before speaking up, “feels weird, I can’t explain it though. Kind of like when I’m tired and still running on no energy but I now have extra reserves or something, my body just feels fatigued. I don’t know if that made sense.” 

“Well I’m not sure what you expected darling but of course it’s going to feel weird, your not used to it after all~” Bai yi giggled. 

“Well what do I do now?” 

“Now you’ve got the weights on you’ll be slowly increasing your muscle but you still need stamina so we will be running laps around here~” Bai yi spoke cheerfully while Akame groaned slightly, regretting her decision already.

“For how long?” She asked nervously. 

“It’s not how long darling~ we are doing let’s say, 25 laps? That should be fine for you before we take a break for a while then start with more laps. If you ever feel like you’ll collapse then I’ll check you and if you are then I’ll stop you, we don’t want you overexerting yourself while training.” 

Akame nodded with a sigh, ‘that’s a lot of laps and this room is big, like the size of twelve houses!’ She thought while looking at Bai yi with slight regret, ‘too late now to regret, let’s just do this!’ 

“Come on darling~ I’ll make sure that you don’t hurt yourself while we do this so don’t worry~” Bai yi chuckled as she began running while thinking, ‘I doubt she can do the 25 laps, she’ll want a break before that.’ 

“Yes, yes..” Akame sighed as she began running. 

Akame ran her first few laps and was doing fine but once she got past her 8th lap, she began feeling herself getting drained of her strength and stamina. Beyond her 15th lap she began panting slightly and had sweat running down her forehead.

“Akame, are you alright darling?~”

“Haa… yes..  I’m fine.. haa.. don’t worry..” Akame panted, “I can.. haa.. keep going so..  don’t mind..  haa.. me..”

“If you say so darling, just don’t push yourself too hard~” Bai yi said sternly.

“Haa.. of course..” 


___________

(1554 words) 

Sorry for not posting recently~ exams are being a bitch (excuse my language.) 

12