Chapter 1 A fellow Saiyan
1k 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A cloud shot through the skies above the mountains. Unlike any regular cloud in the vast blue sky, this one was particularly unique as it carried a teenager on top of it. The boy on the shooting cloud was in deep thought. 

His name was Gohan, the son of Goku. He was a peculiar kid, carrying the blood of not humans of this world, but rather the blood of the noble warrior race. His father was from a different planet, reaching Earth when he was a newborn. 

Born out of the marriage of Goku and his mother Chichi, he was one part human and one part Saiyan. His Saiyan lineage helped him access the same pool of immense strength that his father did. Needless to say, he was extremely strong. 

Yet, at the moment there was a strange flickering expression on Gohan's youthful face. "Who knew going to school can be such a taxing affair?" Born in the secluded mountains, away from any population center by as much as 500 miles, he had never gotten the chance to socialize with fellow humans in this world. 

Today being his first day at the high school, Gohan can't be blamed for being nervous about it. After all, there were only a handful of humans he had contact with. Even they can't be called regular humans in the true sense. Thus, the feeling of discovery had taken over the young boy, stepping out from the protective cover of his mother for the first time in his life.

The nimbus cloud under the boy shook as if to cheer him out of his stupor. "Haha.. you are right, it can't be that bad." Gohan laughed in response, happy to have such a reliable companion with him. 

Despite the breakneck speed of the nimbus, his school was certainly far away. And since his mother refused to let him settle in Satan City itself, this was his only way to commute. 

Time ticking in his head, Gohan discovered what he had been looking for over the horizon. It was the famous Satan City in all its glory. Aware his mode of transport might freak out the peaceful people below him, he jumped down to land on the outskirts. 

"I will see you around.." Waving back to the cloud, he saw it rush away. Gohan turned to look down at his watch and it was almost time for his class. Not wasting any time, he dashed in the familiar direction of the school whose uniform he carried. 

Even on his way there, he can't help but swiftly examine the planned layout of the city. It was impressive what human society was capable of. All around him, he noticed large buildings, covered in shining glass. What was even more amazing was the city had a lot of open space as well. 

Jostling through the roads of the gigantic city, Gohan slipped past a billboard carrying a very familiar face on it. "Mr. Satan.. though he did take the credit for defeating cell, I guess it was for good. Mom and dad would hate to come out in public." 

His parents' inclination should be discerned for the very fact that ever since their marriage, they had never left their cottage in the hills. Gohan on the other hand was all for exploring, however, he can not go against the wishes of his parents. 

"Finally I have grown enough to attend a high school." No matter how overbearing Chichi can be, she wasn't foolish. There was no way for Gohan to be home-schooled in the subjects taught at the high school level. His parents were martial artists, not university professors. 

It was early hours therefore there wasn't much traffic on the road. Finding an opportunity, Gohan chose to bring in his Saiyan abilities to run at super speed. 

"Put your hands up in the air.." *GRRRRR* Only a few blocks away from his destination, the boy came to an untimely stop. *GRRRRR* A machine gun fire rumbled and Gohan witnessed the police duck behind their cars as they were fired upon. 

Taking one look at the bank on the roadside, Gohan knew he had come across a live heist. "Take cover... Take cover.." The policemen cried out in panic, their firearms no match for the automatic guns of the robbers. 

"Ahahaha... Fire at will brothers... Let's show them the terror of Eagle gang." A burly man was commanding his fellows to bring loads of cash into their vehicle, at the same time as he sprayed bullets over the law enforcement officers. 

No matter how Gohan looked at it, the bank robbers were having free reign. "To think I will witness such a situation only on the first day." Only now he realized this city was not as peaceful as he had previously imagined. 

"I must help them." Although running late, his morality will not let him turn a blind eye to crime, no matter how petty. Looking around, he ran over to a small alleyway and then emerged in his Super Saiyan form. 

*Bam* Leaping in the midst of the crime scene, Gohan quickly dispatched the first masked guy closest to him. "You bastard...!!" Before the ring leader can understand what hit him, another one of his minions had been put out of commission. 

"Take this... fucker.." Quickly training his firearm at the golden-haired boy, the man squeezed the trigger. However, conversely, to his anticipation, the boy didn't fall after taking a bullet to his guts. Rather, he casually flicked his arm. 

The gang leader had no idea what kind of tomfoolery the boy was presenting, however, his breath was stuck in his chest when the boy held out his hand to display what remained of the crushed bullets. Horrified, the man traced his steps back. 

He would have tried running over to his car, but unfortunately, the golden-haired boy was standing in the way. This left the only option of running back inside the bank for him. 

Gohan didn't hurry after the guy disappeared behind the doors of the building. Instead, he jumped and kicked the armored vehicle these thugs has brought along. Two of the robbers had already climbed into the car when their boss failed to stand against the mysterious boy. 

It can be said that they were smart enough to realize Gohan was out of their league. However, they still underestimated his capabilities. Like a lighting strike, the boy had disappeared and appeared right next to their vehicle. 

*BAM* *BAM* The tap of his foot ended up flipping the armored vehicle that possibly weighed over two tons, astounding every police officer in the vicinity. Making quick work of the two thugs now trapped inside their damaged car, Gohan launched himself into the bank premises. 

Amidst the crowd of people running out, he easily located the loafer who right now had his gun pointed at the head of staff. "Come any closer... And I am going to put a bullet through her skull." 

Dropping his assault rifle for a handgun, the thug thanked his wits. The boy might be invulnerable to bullets, but if he truly cared for human life, he won't pursue him any longer. "Please.. eyyaaahhh..." The young staff member screamed in panic, only to be firmly clasped between the man's arms. 

"Stop right there boy.. else you know what will happen." Finding Gohan was yet to stop, the man threatened again, this time with his finger secured on the trigger. "Rest assured, madam. Nothing will happen to you." 

Gohan raised his hands and came to a stop. All along, he had been on a move constantly. As per Chichi, he can't expose his identity. However, this was an odd situation that required small hesitation on his part. 

Fortunately, his charming face seems to have helped him calm down the young lady. "haha.. yes... Now turn around and leave this place." Emboldened, the thug laughed out loud, then directed the boy. Shooting bullets at him was going to be of no use, it's better if he sent this wannabe hero away by leveraging the hostage. 

"What a waste of metal.." Gohan seems to have ignored his warning and strangely dropped to his knees to pick up a bullet scaffolding. "Hey.. numbskull... I am speaking to you." 

"Is there any use for this?" Pretending to be incoherent, Gohan managed to successfully rouse the anger of the robber. "You fucking dimwit... I am gonna..." *Tapp* *Tap* Right then, Gohan flicked his middle finger, shooting the metal scaffolding onto the roof at an angle that it ricocheted right into the back of the man holding the gun. 

"You bastard.." In the time it took him to blink, Gohan was in his face. Disarming the guy, he had already secured the girl in his arms. *Smack* One kick to his jaw left the guy incapacitated. "I hope you are alright, miss." 

"I... I am.." She was able to fumble out an answer, shaken by the encounter. "Then please take care... I got to go." Her bright eyes kept staring at the handsome visage of the young lad when he suddenly vanished entirely from her sight. "Wait.." She involuntarily called out but to no avail. 

The boy was gone, leaving behind the handgun he tasseled from the miscreant in her hands. She stood in place, staring down at her palms when the police rushed in for her help. 

Outside, Gohan had returned to his regular human form, watching the law enforcement take over the bank premises. "Ufff.. looks like I ended up exposing myself. Hopefully, she won't tell anyone about it." He said to himself. 

"Who are you?" Out of nowhere, a soft voice almost made Gohan freak out. Turning around, he found a mean-looking girl with two piercing eyes staring at him with all the attention in the world. 

She had two parted ponytails on either shoulder along with a large t-shirt. With two proud mounds sticking from her chest, she would have resembled a great beauty if not for her distraught facial muscles. "Ahhnn.." 

"Ms. Videl.. thank you for coming here." Before they can have a talk, a police officer approached them.. or rather, he approached the girl named Videl. "However, I am afraid your services are no longer required miss." 

The two of them ignored the high school kid and began conversing with each other. "What do you mean? I was told there was a bank robbery going on. Was it a false alarm?" Even while stating facts, Videl looked pissed. 

In spite of her attitude that left much to desire and a tomboy look, Gohan had to agree she was quite a gorgeous lady. Although he would have loved to make an acquaintance with her, he was out of time. Finding the opportunity, he slipped away. 

"No.. it wasn't a false alarm. There was an attempt to rob the bank, however, a boy with glowing golden hair swept away the attackers like flies. He was amazingly strong, I must tell you... Never seen anyone like him." Videl knitted her brows at the explanation. "With golden hair?" 

She recalled her father telling her about a trick that those who are after his glory employ to fool the masses. Can this be the same? "Okay.. then I suppose I will get back." The officer nodded with the utmost respect.

Videl turned around and discovered the boy who she had been talking to left. "Where did he vanish so soon?" In a matter of seconds, she can't find him anywhere. Shaking her head, she decided to be on her way as well. 

Unknown to anyone on the streets a pair of sharp eyes had seen everything transpiring. "So that's what mom calls a Super Saiyan? It doesn't look all too impressive to me." He was a boy matching Gohan's age group. Sitting leisurely over the roof of a high rise, he put his school bag on and glanced in the direction Gohan left.

10