Chapter 2: Another day, another sight
144 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

This Chapter was rewritten (Original below)

 Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

School went by with nothing noteworthy happening. I attended class, read my book when I can, and chat with my 2 closest friends in our free time.

Usually, I eat my lunch with my friends Jacob and Josh at the school's roof area. We would talk about various things like new games, crushes, or novels we found (I’m usually the one who does this).

However something quite interesting happened during today’s lunch period, and it all started with Jacob bringing up a certain topic.

“So have any of you heard of Kira before?” Asked a pale guy with brown hair, blue eyes, wearing an orange hoodie and grey sweat pants.

He asked the question while having his mouth stuffed with a chicken sandwich he bought at a nearby convenience store.

I always hated this habit of his, however, I long since have given up on trying to get him to fix it. As I know that no matter what I say he will continue to do it.

“Jacob, do you mean the one from death note?” I replied, being only able to remember Kira from Death note.

"No no no, I’m talking about the girl who is famous for her artwork. How do you not know her?”

“No, not really.”

“I’m pretty sure her name is Kiriana.” Interjected a tanned teen, who has brown hair, blue eyes, wearing a plain blue shirt and blue jeans. He also has a pair of prescription glasses on.

“What do you mean Josh?” I asked while eating my lunch of eggs and rice.

"I believe that her name is Kiriana and that Kira is just a nickname she goes by. She’s pretty well known around the school, I'm surprised you don't know her"

"You know I don’t pay attention to these kinds of things. So Jacob why are you suddenly asking about her?”

"Well apparently she been acting weirdly lately, she’s been drawing pictures with the sun replaced with a giant eye,” He continues while taking another bite of his sandwich. “It’s been creeping people out on how realistic her drawings are. Some are even mistaking it for a real photo.”

“The sun replaced with an eye?!” I exclaimed shocked.

"Yea, here I have a picture of it."

He brought out his phone and showed me a picture of what looks like a drawing of the front of the school, but where the sun was supposed to be was a giant eye with red an iris.

 I just sat there staring at the picture for what felt like hours, I was only interrupted when my eyes started to feel like it's burning up. I lightly closed my eyes and covered them with my arm. I let out a groan as I try to endure the pain.

"Hey, are you o-" Josh was cut off by the sound of the lunch bell.

"I'm fine, you guys go ahead I just need time to cool off," I replied shooing them away.

"Well OK if you say so, if you need us, feel free to call us," was the last thing Jacob said before they left to go to class. They still glanced at Cecil’s directions as they walked away.

Soon after they couldn’t be seen the pain subsided. I stood up and stared at the “sun” above. I hated looking at it, it just gave me chills every time I see it.

However, now that I’m looking at it something seems different. It didn’t take long for me to notice what was different.

Unlike how it was this morning, its iris is red, and it wasn’t staring straight at me. Curios on what it can be looking at I walked towards the roof’s fence.

What I saw was a girl with long black hair, looking straight at me.

Original Version:

Thoughts, "Dialogue", Vvpjlz

School was mostly uneventful, I attended class, read when I can, and talked to my 2 closest friends on top of the school roof where we eat our lunches. However today's lunch was slightly different, usually, we talked about the newest games, crushes we have or great novels we found. But today's lunch was quite odd, lunch started like any other day until my Jacob brought up a specific topic.

"So have any of you heard about Kira?" Jacob is a pale guy with blue eyes and brown hair. He is wearing an orange hoodie with grey sweat pants. He is also talking with his mouth stuffed with a chicken sandwich he got from a nearby convenience store, I didn't like how he talked with his mouth so full, but I rather not say anything as I know whatever I say would just go in one ear and out the other.

" Light?" I replied only remembering Kira from the manga Death Note.

"No no no, Kira, the girl from graphics, you know the one who carries a camera where ever she goes" 

"No, not really."

"I think her name is Kiriana." A tanned guy, blue eyes, and brown hair, wearing a plain blue shirt and jeans with black prescription glasses interjected.

"What do you mean Josh?" I asked, still eating lunch of egg and rice.

"I believe that her name is Kiriana and that Kira is a nickname she goes by." He continued, "she is pretty well known around the school, I'm surprised you don't know her"

"You know I'm not the type to care about that kind of thing, so Jacob what about her caught your interest?"

"Well apparently she been acting weirdly lately, she been drawing pictures with the sun replaced with a giant eye. And its been creeping people out on how realistic her drawings were, to the point people thought that it was a photo and not a drawing."

"The sun replaced with an eye?!" I yelled in shock.

"Yea, here I have a picture of it." He brought out his phone and showed me a picture of what looks like a drawing of the front of the school, but where the sun was supposed to be was a giant eye with red an iris. I stayed there frozen for what felt like hours when suddenly my left eye started to like it was burning up. I couldn't help but grunt in pain, with my left eye shut and hand grasping at it.

"Hey, are you o-" Josh was cut off by the sound of the lunch bell.

"I'm fine, you guys go ahead I just need time to cool off," I replied shooing them away.

"Well OK if you say so, if you need us just text us," was the last thing Jacob say before they left to go to class. 

I stood up and stared at the eye that should have been the sun, I didn't notice before because I tried to ignore it, I hated the chills it gave me when I looked at it. But now that I'm looking at it again I can see that it was different from this morning,  The iris has changed to red like to that of Kiriana's drawing, and its gaze is different, it's not staring straight at me anymore. Curios of what it can be looking at, I walked to the fence of the roof and started to look around to see what it can be looking at. What I found was a person, a girl with long black hair, staring right back at me. 

5