Chapter 17
585 7 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Summon: Mystical Smithy was one of the only two techniques the character William named Ank'kara Moor'qa ever had.

It's an evolved technique from mastering all the bladesmith techniques.

It's both an active and passive technique.

It's active effect is to summon a separate dimension or, what that one old game called as Reality Marble, which would provide anything necessary to make weapons. Whether it's the tools to create weapons or the materials, everything suddenly appeared within this separate dimension.

Its drawbacks however, it took all the MP of the character and every weapon created would stop mana regeneration for 10 minutes, even Ether and Elixir wouldn't be able to refill the MP. And also, the raw materials couldn't be taken outside, only the finished product could. Even with that finished product couldn't be melted back into materials. The weapons could be repaired once broken, but passed the given time it would disappeared unlike other weapons in the game that simply vanished once it broke, or become trashed item called Broken Weapon.

Naturally, that's only the description on the Skill called Summon: Mystical Smithy.

In the game, the skill just immediately created the best weapons in a blink of an eye with a click of a button.

This skills helped a lot for a party raiding bosses. Because, once this skill was activated, every targeted equipments could be repaired immediately. Without it, not few of the bosses in Last Imagine would takes out a lot of durability of every equipments, and players had to re-equipped themselves with another equipments from their inventory, which might be inferior to their main equipments. Thus a Dragon God Blacksmith was also necessary.

They could helped chipping the boss' HP while repairing team-mates' equipments. Of course, this type of character wasn't highly popular because it could only be used with its full potential at a very high difficulty game content, and even William didn't use this character to challenge high difficulty content and instead was using his main character William which was a multi-roles character.

Out of breath, Ank sat on the ground surrounded by many types of weapon. From daggers, short swords, broad swords, claymores, bows and arrows, maces, morning stars, spears, halberds, et cetera. Their total was probably on the thousands.

"Demonkin is a lion through and through. Yet long have passed since they were defanged and declawed. I shall bestow these weapons to your kin"

Inaugurath who watched this sight with wide eyes gulped down his saliva.

Although the weapons presented in front of him were lower in quality compared to the weapons Willa took out before, he felt that they're still at a higher level than the Holy Artifacts or any weapons wielded by any strong warriors. They were all imbued with origin mana, each of them might be even higher than the mana count of an average human mage and there were probably more than triple the amount of the whole surviving demonkin.

Just as he said, he gives us our claws and fangs.

As Inaugurath agreed with Ank in his mind, another thought came to his mind.

".....how do we bring these to the hideout?"

Even Inaugurath wouldn't be able to Swap all of these weapons to the hideout.

"You truly are, a fool"

With a sigh, Ank made a gesture with his right hand, and all the weapons on the ground was gone after they were enveloped with light.

"Ah...I see..."

Feeling like he really was a fool, Inaugurath was smiling wryly.

No, no....that is absurd. I know that he could stored items, but I didn't know it could stored that much.

Even the greatest mage with a Storage Magic could only stored as much as a house, and only items at certain size could be put in and even that should be done one by one.

"Heh. Your expression tell me many stories. To enlighten you, I shall tell you that I could even store the amount as much as the size of this mountain"

Naturally, this might be just a bluff, or bragging off without any proof that it could happen. After all, the Storage of Ank was also from Last Imagine, and it had limit. Although for now, the limit seemed to be unnoticeable.

"Now. Take me to the hideout"

With a pompous tone, Ank ordered Inaugurath which he obeyed willingly without any sound.

Inaugurath was still trying to adapt to this gap in Ank's personality.

====================================================================

Night time, Guja.

King Arexé was lying down on the bed within his room in the mansion he was staying while at Guja.

On a nearby sofa sat the Prime Minister of Shyaraya, Ime Inis.

He came to Guja immediately in the middle of his works when the "terror" hits his core being, fearing that something might had happened with his king.

True to his premonition, once he had arrived at Guja many people on the street were on the ground, only some of them were still standing. All of their expressions showed fear.

It didn't take long for Ime to think this was a wide-scale magical attack using mental-attribute.

He used his magic item, a pair with King Arexé, to locate where he was and he found his king soon after.

King Arexé was lying on the ground unconscious. Ime was thinking nothing else and brought him to the mansion and laid him down to his current bed.

It's been few hours since King Arexé was unconscious. Within that time, reports kept comin in. They weren't good news.

Inis was wondering about the reports he had either heard or read.

800 deaths...3700 people went insane, ....more than 10000 went mentally unstable...some were even from our side...

.....and that was from "fear" alone....

Is this really due to the presumable Demon King?

"Ngh......"

"!?"

An almost inaudible groan which came from King Arexé jolted Inis out of his pondering.

He stood up and came closer to his king.

"Your majesty? Have you awaken?"

Said Inis quietly.

King Arexé opened his eyes slowly.

"Ime?"

"Are you fine?"

King Arexé sat up and leaned his back on the backrest.

"Mild concussion...heh. It has not even that long, yet I have been down twice, pathetic"

Even if this was being rude, but watching his king felt uncharacteristically down, Inis felt weird inside. 

His king, since long time ago was someone who always feel confidence. Even when he failed, he would never be down and used his failure to be better instead.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, the blame lies not with you, my liege"

"It does. For both occasions..."

"........"

"I should have asked her some questions first, but instead of gaining informations from the opponent, I joined in into the fight and lost. While this time, due to rage and terror, I charged at the Demon King with every strength I got in my body without any plan and lost. I should be perfect in my judgement and action, or many people would---"

King Arexé tightened his fist, and his expression was the most pathetic Ime had ever seen in his life coming from his king.

*KAPOWW*

Ime Inis punched King Arexé on the cheek, and it slammed him on the bed before he could finished his words.

"Don't fuck with me Arexé...."

Ime Inis was livid with anger.

"Since when did you become so arrogant? Perfect....?"

King Arexé was a little bit shocked after he recovered from the punch. This was the first time he saw Ime this angry at him since they were both children.

"No body's perfect Ar. Even you, oh mighty king. Is being lauded as the strongest finally get into your head? Don't kid yourself, no one is perfect. Not even you. Perfect for someone else wouldn't mean perfect for others. How then, is the perfection in your vision? Being the strongest, the smartest, and the wisest at the same time? Don't degrade yourself with silly delusion, such thing don't exist. Sentient being is perfect because they complimented each others flaw..."

With his head down, King Arexé's was pondering the words of his Prime Minister, his best friend.

"You may have been lauded by your subjects as the perfect king they ever wished for, but you should have realized that as a person you could never be perfect. And all of us knew that. It is why all of us support you. Thus, creating the wonderful and prosperous kingdom which is the Shyaraya of today, supported by the subjects and the you as the head. Or are you saying that it was all due to your doing?"

Heaving a sigh, King Arexé turned his eyes which were facing down while listening to Ime's admonition.

His eyes are now much calmer than before. The gleam of confidence was back in his gaze.

"You are right. I am sorry"

Ime Inis was staring back at his king's eyes, his king's gaze and expression had returned to how it used to be. 

"Fumu. Forgiven"

Ime Inis nodded, and King Arexé had a slight smile on his face.

"Now, what punishment shall it be for you, for that swearing directed to the king?"

".............I shall receive any punishment"

Ime Inis smiled sourly.

"Ime Inis, Prime Minister of Shyaraya. Hereby you are sentenced to serve me until the end of your life"

"......"

"......"

Both of them were staring each other with serious eyes.

""Fu...fuhahahahaha!"" 

Both of them were laughing at the cliché punishment.

After they were satisfied laughing, their expressions turned serious once more.

"I ask you once again, Your Majesty. Are you fine?"

"I am"

"Now we should change information"

In the quite night after the tragedy, two people were discussing what shall be done with this threat.

====================================================================

The same night, at the Demonkin's hideout.

Most of the Demonkin were gathered in the training field after their chief came back from trying to solve the situation that made them shivered a few hours ago.

"Recently our chief often gathered us, didn't he?"

"Yeah, I think this what's happen when something has begun to be in motion"

"True, for hundreds of years we live in hiding while being afraid of those monsters we couldn't even injure unless we sacrifice our life span for a forbidden spell. Yet look at us now? We already have a mean to kill them, or at least injure them enough so we could run away"

"Yeah, it's completely different than before we even learned the Swap spell created by our predecessors, may their soul be in peace, and be perfected by our chief. Back then we could only run, yet even as we ran, those monsters would caught up. But now, with the Origin Mana we could mustered, we raise our fleeing chance, and even better now we could actually killed them when we work as a team of three or more"

"We have to thank our chief for saving that human and brought her here"

"I admit at first I was reluctant to have our hideout known to outsider"

"I felt the same way"

As two men were talking to each other while waiting, Inaugurath had finally arrived.

A bare-chested man with antlers on his head was right beside him.

The thought that came first into the minds of the crowd wasn't "who is that man?", but instead "what a man".

The sight of the bare torso of the unknown man made them awed.

The men were either admiring such perfect muscle, feeling jealous why their body weren't like that, or feeling jealous because the women they love are currently watching his bare chest with rapture. But the men who felt that don't want to even mumble the words, because they know, by this unknown man's majestic aura alone, the hierarchy had been set in stone. It's as if they were either in the presence of a great emperor, or a revered deity.

Then, Inaugurath began to speak.

"Sorry to have gathered you like this, but it shall be quick. I gathered you here to give you new weapons! Weapons which are far better than any you have seen before!"

Inaugurath looked at Ank, and he knew what he should do next in reply to his gaze.

"I shall bless you these! Now, revere me!"

Thousands of weapons then came out of empty spaces in the air above the crowd.

They were shocked.

It wasn't because weapons were coming out of empty space above their heads as if they're threatened, but they were shocked at how much their imagination was being betrayed by what their chief meant by being "far better"

Each of the weapons hanging in the air as if it comes out from a dimensional rift were of a much, much higher quality than they could ever imagine.

"T-......Those are for us all?"

One of the crowd voiced out their doubt.

"Fool! Have you gone deaf and failed to hear to my words, to my blessing? These are my blessing to you who have struggled for so long. Now, where is the reverence I deserver?"

The unknown man opened his arms as if being ready to embrace something, and the crowd realized what he demanded.

"Sire, can you bless us with your name?"

One of the crowd at the very front asked.

"Mine name...is Ank'kara Moor'qa! A Dragon God!"

Once again, the crowd was shocked.

This time they were shocked at the identity of the man that just blessed them with an enormous gift.

A Dragon God.

A god of dragons.

The many weapons which were still hanging in the air acted as proof for the title of a God.

After all, who else but God could made these weapons containing a lot of mana, more than the collective mana of each of them, if it wasn't a god?

Then, the crowd cheered for their second saviour, Ank.

They felt glad that they were visited and blessed by both a Goddess (Willa) and a God (Ank).

None of them realized that both are the same person.

Through out this scenes, Inaugurath was being silent. He still tried to adjust to the difference between Willa's personality, and Ank's personality. If he didn't see it himself that William changed form like that, he wouldn't have believed that this Ank is the same person as William or Willa.

====================================================================

Late at night, at Inaugurath's house.

"Hmph. What a very humble home for I to have a night to spend in"

Commented Ank rudely, although his eyes looked kind of pleased.

They're now sitting down in the living room.

"Please, tell me what had happened after you left"

Asked Inaugurath politely.

Pleased with his politeness, Ank began to recount what happened since he left the hide out.

He told him how he visited the emptied kingdom of Shyaraya, took out maps,  be mistaken as a thief and attacked by knights and their king.

Then how he escaped after he knocked out the king to stop creating more trouble, by escaping to Guja.

How he did business by selling a special fabric.

How he noticed that the other races have joined their hands to built walls to protect their important territories.

How the city then be attacked by those monsters on the side of the gate facing Shyaraya and its opposite.

How when he was exploring the city, a Warp Gate was about to opened and he entered it only to find uncountable number of them on the other side of the Warp Gate.

And how while he was defending so that they didn't cross into the Warp Gate, he got killed right after the gate closed.

Inaugurath understood the situation now.

"I see...if their numbers is just as you say, then unless every races were to join hand in this endeavour, unless everyone knows the method of fighting them, all of us might really extinct from existence"

"The races. Including the Demonkin"

Once Ank said so, Inaugurath smiled sourly.

"That...might be impossible for them, and most of us. After all, the deep hatred when our kin was hunted so long ago still run within our blood. Even worse, they put stigma on us as the most vile and evil creature. Even though some of our kin who had lived in the past tried to mend the relation between us and other races, they never succeeded and all of them were hunted and their remains become trophies show off for the public eyes to see. Of course, I am not that petty enough to not help other races, but I am a chief and I have to put my kin's well being at the foremost. Forcing us to join them or even vice versa while this deep prejudice still deeply rooted to the others race might invite my kin's doom"

"You mortals are such troublesome creature"

When Inaugurath heard the word "mortals", one part of what Ank had told him before made him have a question.

"....mortals....yes...you told me just know that you were killed and revived at the inn..."

"I can be killed, but I will revive somewhere"

"..............."

Then isn't that like the Demon King told in legend?

Inaugurath thought while he was remembering the verse in the legend.

"The Demon King ever so vengeful, at the end of his life, he screamed to the world that he shall be back to give even deeper suffering to all"

No, there is no way this person in front of me is the Demon King.

Inaugurath immediately shook of his unnecessary thought.

"Whether you like it or not, you have to come with me to teach the other races the method"

"Why don't you teach them? If I were to do that, I fear that my own kin would lose their faith on me or treat me as a traitor..."

"Hmph. The problem would be gone so long as it is not a demonkin who would teach the method for both side"

Ank, took out an accessory, a necklace to be exact, and put it on the table.

"Use it"

"?"

Inaugurath took and wore it.

Immediately, every characteristics of being a demonkin on him was gone and turned into the characteristics of a human.

"Wha-?"

Inaugurath looked at his own skin which had turned into the kind of skin the human has.

"A Huma Ring. An item that would turn the wearer's race into a human as long as they wear them"

This time, Inaugurath couldn't even feel mana from this necklace. 

"This feels like an ordinary necklace, and yet this kind of effect is the kind that magic item should possess...magic items should have mana in them..."

"What a whiner. Just use it as it is. You do not have to ponder its working"

Scoffed Ank.

Although he himself would have a hard time to explain it.

After all, it was merely a cosmetic item within the game. It possessed nothing but changing race temporarily because some places in the game required the players to be a certain race.

"Now that there is no further problem, say your good bye to your kin. I shall sleep on my chamber"

"............."

Thus, it was set in stone that Inaugurath would go with Ank to the world below to mingle with the other races.

21