Chapter 4
35 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Going to school was a huge drag to me. It wasn't because school was boring on the contrary after I calmed myself down in my bad behavior I learnt how to appreciate the knowledge that the teacher gave us in their classes. Which thanks to that I'm currently passing all my classes with high A's unlike last year in 9th grade when I barely passed everything by the seat of my pants. No, the reason school always feels like a drag is due to the classmates around me in which I can tell they all despise me or at least don't want to talk to me.

Which is understandable since the entire time when I was a freshman at this school I acted like a total cold bastard to everyone else. Plus at the time I did pretty much say a lot of mean and insulting things to my classmates that made me be a social outcast. Even though I have changed over the summer break thanks to my parents wake up call and began taking steps to rectify my bad behavior my classmates obviously aren't giving me a chance.

Its been about 2 months since school started and right now we're at the first week of November, but my classmates have been steering clear of me since day 1 and think I'm faking my kind, calm persona I have right now. In a way they aren't wrong since I am mostly acting and repressing my spikes of anger or bad that I so want to do to my classmates. I wish to stand from my seat and shout at every single one of them calling them 'fuckers', 'shitbags', 'dicks', and beat them so black and blu—. I mean, I shouldn't do that at all.

Honestly speaking I get annoyed at myself for those intrusive thoughts that sometimes come into my head because it feels natural to think like this, but I won't be able to become a better person through those thoughts. I looked around me and saw that many of the students were still taking the Geometry quiz that the teacher gave us which I had already finished and gave to the teacher. Glancing around the classroom I saw many textbooks and books scattered around presumably about math in which for some reason every time I looked at them it made my head hurt slightly. This also has happened to me in other classrooms it felt like I was trying to remember something but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. Though I did have to wonder why I must feel discomforted by seeing books since they are like the only things I love to have because it gives me the opportunity to read something which is my hobby.

I hoped that this discomfort that I was feeling in my head will fade away or else I wouldn't be able to re—.

*BRRRING* 

My thoughts were interrupted by the school bell which indicated that the last period of class was already over and I saw that all my classmates were already finished with their quiz. They were just getting their backpacks and leaving the classroom with due haste which reminded me that I also needed to go as well. So I got my backpack and fast-walked myself out of the classroom heading directly towards the school buses which fortunately was close to the location my classroom was in. On my way towards the buses I could see that many of the students were steering clear of me, heck even the supervisors and teachers of the school who were outside were avoiding getting closer to me.

When I saw this my thoughts began to become darker and angrier... until I promptly squashed those bad thoughts and suppressed them to the corner of my mind. I couldn't afford to cause anymore trouble or else I'll be most likely expelled from the school since I'm hanging by a thread due to all the stuff I did last year. Honestly the only reason I somehow was not expelled last year was because of my parents influence on the matter. Through some way they convinced the faculty of the school to not expel me and to give me a chance for me to become better in the future.  

Unfortunately I'm pretty sure that everyone in school knows of the bad reputation I had last year which wasn't that hard to spread because Leack High School only has about 500 students in total and rumors spread like wildfire around here. While in the middle of my contemplation I had arrived in front of the bus in which I went inside and sat myself on the nearest empty seat. I saw many come inside the bus but no one dared to sit next or even near me and when the bus started to move itself I stared outside the window since there was nothing else to do.

In the end the ride was uneventful with the bus finally stopping near my house and me getting off  saying thank you to the bus driver and I walked in the path that lead to my house. After reaching my house I took out my keys and opened it up easily as I strolled inside my house where I noticed that the lights were off and my parents were nowhere in sight which was expected since they were still at work. Taking a glance at my watch it showed me that it was 5:08PM and they usually arrived here at about 6:00PM, so it wouldn't be that long until they arrived.

Seeing that there wasn't anything in particular to do I went to my room and put my backpack down in the ground in a corner where it wouldn't disturb me that much. I decided to lie down in my bed and take a short nap because frankly I felt tired from school especially my classmates who still kept their distance and scrutinized me the whole day. If I could only not hold back and just wreck havoc to them that would be nice... but that would only put me back to square one and erase my whole progression of me becoming better.

With that in mind I closed my eyes and fell asleep on my dandy bed... or I would if it wasn't for a small pulsing in the back of my head that was trying to remind of me of something. What that something was I couldn't even fathom and I could ignore this pulsing if I wanted to...  but my intuition told me that this was something important. Though I didn't want to leave my bed I stood up and began to mindlessly search my own room hoping to find whatever I forgot about.

After a few minutes of this I was tempted to stop and go back to my bed until I caught sight of my backpack noticing something about it. Looking at my backpack and examining it closely I felt that it was off somehow... but I couldn't put my finger on it. I stared at it for a few seconds until I realized that it was freaking levitating from the floor a few inches up! Like what the fuck!? I rubbed my eyes and I looked again but it was definitively levitating. How did I not notice that before!? 

This... this shouldn't be possible at all!? Incredulously I reached out towards the empty space below my backpack where I grasped something and without thinking I yanked it out. The backpack fell and slumped down towards the ground. I looked down to my hand which for some reason was grasping a book of all things.

Before I could question it my mind was hit like a sledgehammer in which in succession my forgotten memories came back to me. For a few moments I stood there letting out quick heavy breathes as I tried to calm myself down and normalize my breathing. This book was definitively out of this world without doubt and I never imagined that I would be embroiled in something like this. In the first place I hardly knew what I was dealing with and the relation it had towards the book I had.

It was time for me to learn and experiment with this book in hand. 

1