Chapter • 3: I am A Strong independent Single Man!
863 13 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

••

" Wah! Wah! Wah!"

Xue Heng awoke to his daughter crying.

Blinking the black dots out of his vision, he groaned as he rolled over him.

Unfortunately, there was no bed when he rolled over.

*Bam!*

" Motherfucker!" Xue Heng cursed as he hit the ground hard. He bit his lower lip at the pain throughout his back and head.

That surely woke him up.

"Uwah! Uwah!"

Withholding another groan, he looked over at his daughter in her basket by his bed. Her crying was gone. What replaced it was cute giggles that made his heart warm.

" You like that huh?"

His answer was more giggles that made him smile and forget the pain burning through his back.

Giving his back a rub, he slowly sat up. Upon getting back on his bed, he looked down at his daughter," You like seeing Daddy hurt?" Xue Heng shook his head, a smile still on his face," What a naughty daughter I have."

When he came closer, his nose scrunched up and he reeled back.

Giving his daughter a pointed look, his nose scrunched up again as he asked her," Did you just shit?"

Once more, giggles were the answer he got and her moving around in her basket.

He paled seeing that," Oi! Don't move or you'll smear it!"

Taking her in his arms, he held het up like she was some nuclear bomb or radioactive creature. Her little arms and tiny cute hands were trying to grab to his face, as he walked to the table, but not before taking a blanket and pillow with him.

Laying the bracket and the pillow down, he slowly placed his daughter down.

Once she was down, he was confused about what to do next.

Fortunately, his help was coming.

[ Ding! Would you like Sigh-In inside the 'Xue Family Residence'? ]

Looking at the blue screen that popped in front of him, he blinked.

' I can sign in inside the same place?'

[ Affirmative! However, by doing that, you will get random rewards, But, Signing in at different places will produce different rewards. The more dangerous the place, the greater the reward you will acquire.

It's all about personal opinion, in all honesty.

You want good rewards? Go somewhere or met someone famous/infamous.

You're fine with okay rewards? That's fine with me. You can just chill at home and get random rewards that may or may not suck or be God-like.

At the end of the day, it depends on Luck ]

Xue Heng's lips twitched at the System's tone. It reminds him of himself.

However...Going by what the System said...

' Aren't you just a Gacha System then?'

[ For someone like you? Yes, I am. However, to other people who walk with death at every corner? I am a nothing sort of a Saint giving out overpowered rewards ]

' Ah... I see.' Xue Heng ignored the little jab the System hit him with and hummed. In all honesty, it was not really a jab in the first place. He knows he's lazy. Why would he be mad at the truth? He has no time to be childish. right now.

Furthermore, they both know he won't be like those MCs. He doesn't want that life.

All he wants is to give his daughter a good life. And if he could get a sexy Wife with thick thighs at the end of this? That would be great.

" Wah!"

Shaking his head at those thoughts, he chuckled,' Let's take care of our daughter first, then we will talk about the future.'

Looking at the blue screen, he nodded,' Yes. Sign-In.'

[ Ding! You have Sign-In inside the 'Xue Family Residence'! You gained: Parent Toolkit.

[ Parent Toolkit: Huh? You have a new child that needs some good ol' parenting? No worries! We have just what you need! Inside this Toolkit are all sorts of useful tools you'll need. Like for example; Diapers, Baby formula, Baby powder, and Baby food!

Note: The tools self-repair and reappear back in the toolkit if you lose them or if they're stolen. No, they don't come back if you sell them ]

Before Xue Heng had time to react, he felt... something. A pull towards something.

Following the pull with a dazed look, he crouched down by his bed and pulled out a wooden craved box with an blue and pink star on it.

Upon opening it, he awoke from his daze.

Blinking his eyes, Xue Heng's eyes widened upon seeing what was inside the wooden box before him.

It did have just about everything he needs.

Unfortunately...

' I have no idea how to use any of this!' Xue Heng has no experience taking care of babies, so of course he has no bloody clue on how to use any of these items.

[ Umm, I do ]

Xue Heng snapped his head to the blue screen,' You do?!'

[ Eep! Y-Yes! ]

' Why?' He couldn't help but ask. Why would a System need these skills?

[ Most Systems are actually trained in baby care due to our kind getting Hosts/Masters/Lords that are starting out as a baby, so our Creators drilled that into us. Though, most Systems use that skills to calm their immature Hosts who only think with their dicks ]

' I...' Xue Heng blinked and then raised his eyebrow,' That explains a lot actually.'

[ That it does. Unfortunately, 99% Hosts/Masters/Lords are like that and my kind are all too willing to help them ]

' I take it, you hate then?'

[ With burning a passion! So I am so happy you are my Master! Finding an Introvert like you is my dream! So please do use me well Master! Even if you stay home all day, I won't mind! That's okay with me! ]

' Oh my, with compliments like that, you're gonna make me blush.' Xue Heng chuckled. His System may not be so bad after all.

" Wah!"

Unfortunately for Xue Heng and the System, they had a smelly baby to take care of.

" Wait," Xue Heng's lips twitched upon taking a closer look at the box," Why is there a gas mask here?"

[ Why wouldn't there be a Gas mask? ]

He snorted hearing his System. She sounded way too proud for her own good.

" Touche. Touche."

..

A few minutes later, Xue Heng was ready to take on a task even Cultivators would turn tail and run from.

-Changing a baby's diaper. The bane of all single handsome Dads like himself.

With a clip over his nose, a WW2 Gas mask on, and doctor's gloves, Xue Heng was ready.

As he got to his daughter, he saw her eyes light up upon seeing his getup. Her eyes shined like gems as she reached for his mask.

He deadpanned seeing this,' Aren't you supposed to cry or something? Isn't that what normal babies do?'

Then again...

' We are in a Cultivation World. So there's nothing normal about any of this!'

Who knew the first thing he'll do in a Cultivation World is change diapers. He for sure didn't.

' This is not how I saw my week going.' Not at all.

When he got next fo his daughter, he inhaled and exhaled. After doing this a few times, he calmed his racing heart and mind.

' System, now what do I do?'

..

Looking down at his clean and changed daughter in some pink baby clothing the box had, he smiled at his and his System's combined efforts. They did well.

' You'll make a great Mom someday, System, you know that?'

He heard a sign in his head.

[ I get that a lot ]

He chuckled hearing his System's tone,' I mean it, you did well. Without you, I'll be so fucked in so many ways.'

[... What do you want? ]

His eyebrows twitched, but he still held his smile,' Whatever do you mean?'

[ You want something, don't you? ]

' Nothing you can't handle.' He hummed as he put his daughter back into her - clean ' basket with an incredibly soft pink baby blanket he got from the box.

Giving her a small toy red dragon to play with, he smiled as she giggles away, pulling the dragon whichever she could think of.

' But, you wouldn't mind tutoring me in Baby Care 101?'

Xue Heng heard a window break inside his mind.

[ Say what? ]

' I said-'

[ I know what you said! That was a rhetorical question! But that's what you wanted?! No sexy anime girls?! No overpowered abilities?! No God-like sword that can cut anything?! ]

Did he break his System?

[ That's all?! ]

Yes, he did. Yes, he break his System on the second day he got it. That must be some sort of record or something.

' I would love all of that,' he would,' However, taking care of my daughter is my number one priority right now. Maybe when she can walk on her own, but not right now.'

[... You're the most weirdest Master I ever had ]

'  Awww~ Love you too.'

[... I don't what to say anymore ]

Xue Heng chuckled,' Then don't say anything. Just enjoy the day.'

With that said, he scanned his house and nodded proud of himself.

Who said you'll need women to take care of a baby!?

Not him!

He doesn't need one!

He's a strong independent single man!

And he will give his daughter the best damn life ever!

>>>>>>

24