Chapter • 4: Flood Dragon Town
1.2k 4 27
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

••

The Sun was bright and the day cloudless as the world awoke for the day once more.

Nestled deep within a dense forest in the southern region of the Empire of Chu, there stood a Town. The Town was surrounded by towering trees, their leaves changing color with the seasons, and a tranquil river flowed through its heart, in the shape of a Flood Dragon. The Town was known for its striking beauty, with intricate carvings, and a sense of peacefulness that permeated the air. Unfortunately, most come for the seemingly buried treasure In the Flood Dragon Lake from the Heaven-Shaking Era, where The Gods and Dragons fought. A War that quite literally made the Heaven's Shake.

The people who lived in the town were friendly and welcoming, always eager to share their customs and traditions with visitors. They lived simple lives, growing their own food, and practicing ancient crafts passed down from generation to generation, counting back to the Heaven-Shaking Era.

One of the most striking features of the town was its vibrant marketplace. Every day, vendors would set up their stalls, selling everything from fresh produce to delicate silk goods. The sounds of merchants haggling and the smells of exotic spices filled the air, making the marketplace a hub of activity and commerce.

As the sun began to set each day, the Town would come alive with the sound of traditional music and the glow of blue lanterns in honor of the Flood Dragon that died there. Families would gather in the town square, sharing stories and laughter as they enjoyed a warm meal together. The quiet streets would fill with the sound of children playing, their laughter echoing through the town.

Despite its beauty and tranquility, the town was not without its challenges. It was surrounded by dense forest, and the people who lived there knew to be cautious of the Demonic Beasts that roamed the woods. But they never let their fears consume them, and instead lived in harmony with the natural world around them. They did the most human did; Adapted. They adapted to their shity situation and made something out of it.

Unfortunately or fortunately they kind of adapted for nothing they soon learned. Why? It's simple. The Demonic Beasts wouldn't even come a hundred yards of the Town in fear of the Dragon Aura they smell. They would rather kill themselves to come. Which was true, as they experimented with a Wolf who bashed its head, as they literally tried to drag the Wolf to their Town.

In the early history of the Empire of Qin, it was mentioned many times an inhumane infamous enemy General spared the Town because she found the Town 'calming' and liked it. So despite her confused soldiers and even more confused advisors, she went around the Town and made an order for nobody to touch the Town. A few soldiers tested the General, and they became dog food the second they did by the General herself.

Due to this, the whole Town became can traitors in the eyes of the Qin Empire. Because of this, the usually bloodthirsty and fearsome General did something even more outrageous. She only conquered the Flood Dragon Town and ended her Conquest of the Empire of Qin.

Alas, all they could do is grind their teeth together and curse inside their head due to a single reason.

The Demon from the deepest bits of The Diyu In human flesh is the Crown Princess of the Great Chu Empire. So her word was Law.

Fast forward ten years, with Great Chu conquering the whole Southern side of the Empire of Qin, they backed off, and the war ended. If they did anymore, the Empire would surely be facing attacks on all sides by the other Empires and Kingdoms.

With the War done, the Town which housed the Crown Princess of the Great Chu Empire went back to normal.

This magical place is called; Flood Dragon Town. The Town, Xue Heng found himself as a long-time resident.

In the inner region of the Flood Dragon Town right next to the marketplace sat a nice and homey house.

Inside this House, one would find a strange scene.

Sitting in what some people call a torture chair was an extremely cute baby with crystal clear gem-like turquoise eyes. She wears an odd bright pink getup, that covered her whole body, with what seems to be a dragon hat that would cover her head if she put it on.

All in all, she was cute. A level of cuteness that even arrogant Young Masters and Hiden Monsters would calm down and point out how cute she is.

The cute baby aside, in front of her was an extremely handsome young man on the lean and soft side, with long snow-white hair and clear turquoise eyes carrying a bit of serenity. He can be described as slim and tall with smooth and milky pale white jade skin far better than women’s. It can be mentioned that his features are on par with or better than most females. If it was not for his flat chest and Adam's apple, The men would have mistaken him for a beautiful Immortal Fairy in disguise. He wears a long and rather blue elegant hanfu with a silver outline. On the back, the was a sleeping Flood Dragon, that looked to be handmade from many generations down.

If any took a look at them, they would surely mistake them for Mother and Daughter.

Fortunately for Xue Heng, he won't be experiencing this problem yet.

But, unfortunately, he does have a problem right now.

Both man and baby stared at each other. Both their eyes were clear as they continued their staring concert.

A few seconds later, they both blinked and frowned.

" Why?"

The baby blinked at her Father. Her eyes told him why.

Looking down at a bowl filled with carrot baby food, he sighed and glanced back up.

" Believe me I know," Xue Heng withheld a flinch, remembering the days of trying to feed his little sister baby food and her trying to bite his arm off with little to no teeth," I wouldn't want to feed you this. But, I don't think I can feed you Rice or anything else I have inside the house."

Crouching down, he patted his daughter's head causing her to giggle softly," So please eat some, okay?" Xue Heng saw her stop giggling and her clear eyes shined like stars in the night sky as she held eye contact with him," I would really love it if you could do that."

Patting her on the head again, he gave a bright smile," For Daddy? Can you do that for Daddy?"

Getting a spoon full of carrot baby food, he started moving it to her.

" Here comes the carrot train, chugga chugga choo choo~"

Xue Heng's eyes dimed seeing her move her head away.

" Still? Damnit." He cursed sitting back down, as he laid on the baby food on the wooden table by them.

Remembering the date of the baby food, he sighed,' It can't be the date. It says it is good till 2040.' The date aside, he doesn't think the System would give him old baby food. So, it has to be something.

...Hold on.

Glancing at his daughter playing with the red dragon toy he gave her, he was shocked at the fact he just discovered.

" How old is she?"

Yep. He might be the worst Father ever. He doesn't even know how old she is!

' Nothing simple Math can't fix...I hope.' With the hope of a man who only got Cs in Math, he dug into his memories and got to counting.

' Without Cultivation bullshittery, I say she's around,' Humming a few seconds, Xue Heng came to answer,' 3 months...ish. She should be around 3 months old or so.'

[ Which means, she can't eat Baby Food ]

Xue Heng's face twitched,' You knew the whole time, didn't you?'

[ Maybe~ ]

His eyebrows twitched at the sound the System's voice and felt doing something he would probably regret. 

' Calm down, you can't curse at the System.  Calm down, you can't curse at the System. Calm down, you can't curse at the System.'

Inhaling and exhaling, he felt his emotions calm down.

With a calm heart and mind, he went to the kitchen and opened up the Parent Toolkit, and took out a baby bottle and a bag of powder, helpfully labeled; Baby Formula.

With his items in hand, Xue Heng went back to his spot and sat down.

' System, you wouldn't happen to know how to use Baby Formula?'

..

An emotionally exhausted Xue Heng stared as his daughter slept away. In her hands was a sippy cup, that only has about half milk left. On her other hand was a red dragon toy. She held both items like her life depended on them as she traveled the land of dreams.

Letting out a long and hard sigh, Xue Heng plopped onto his bed.

' Taking care of a baby sucks so much.' No wonder babies are given away. They suck.

Alas, he won't do that to his daughter.

... A daughter that doesn't have a name yet.

" Why? Why mind? Why must you keep me awake?" Xue Heng groaned.

Following his groan was loud crying.

Xue Heng glanced over and saw his daughter awake. He then scrunched up his nose smelling that horrid scent again.

" Not again..."

Let it be said; taking care of Babies suck!

>>>>>>

27