5 – Deadite!
13 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Just as everyone was getting out of the basement, Matthew arrived at the cabin. 'FINALLY!' At this point, he had walked for hours through thick forests and trees, until he finally arrived at his destination.

He looked around the area and saw it was quite nice, ' For some place this far, it's amazing how beautiful this place is.'

As he was looking around, Matthew noted a van and he saw Karen in the distance. He smiled, ' It's nice to see a friendly face.'

So, he screamed her name, '' KAREN!''

When Karen, who did not go to the basement, and knew nothing of what happened down there, heard the shout, she looked over at Matthew. While he did aged 4 years, and was an alcoholic until one year ago, he still looked great.

' He is a better man than Daniel...' Karen's face showed a little pain at what she was about to do, but she had to act. So she smiled and ran towards Matthew, '' Matthew! It's good to see you again after so many years!''

The pair hugged each other. Matthew almost cried, '' I missed you.''

While they didn't have a relationship like he had with Sheryl, they still were friends since they were toddlers. They went through 18 years together.

Karen started to cry, but for other reasons, ' I'm sorry for what they were about to do...', '' I missed you too.''

The pair continued embracing until Matthew broke the hug. It was clear to everyone who see him that he was overwhelmed with emotion. This was the first time in 4 years he hugged someone, or that someone showed him a sign of affection.

'' How is life going for you?'' While they did talk on the phone, speaking in real life was better.

'' I managed well...'' Karen's conciense finally caved in, '' Listen, Matthew it's better if you le-''

Just then, the door to the cabin was opened in a hurry, and to Matthew's shock and anger, every one of his old group of friends came out. They looked terrified, but that didn't matter to Matthew. He has just been betrayed, again.

He looked at Karen and almost lost control, ''Seriously, Karen?!? REALLY? AFTER everything we've been through together, YOU DO THIS!?''

Karen didn't even try to defend herself, '' I had no choice.''

Matthew would continue to say things, but he knew he had been thoroughly betrayed. ' I'll just leave.'

And that was what he decided to do. It would be another 2 hours or so through the thick forest and at night, but it was better than staying here with those snakes.

Matthew turned around and went to the trees. Karen raised her hand to stop him but said nothing in the end. ' He doesn't deserve any of this.'

She then looked at her 'friends' and noted they were acting strange. All of their belonging were now inside the Van, which was already turned and ready to leave. Karen rushed over to see what was going on, '' What happened?''

Sarah spared her a glance, '' Something bad. If you left things inside the house, just leave them there. We ARE LEAVING RIGHT NOW!''

Karen could only nod, seeing that everyone in the group was shaken up. Just then, she heard a shout.

'' WAIT! Where's Sheryl?!'' Daniel roared after noticing Sheryl wasn't there.

That scream alerted even Matthew, who had just entered the forest. When he heard the shout, he stopped in his tracks. While he didn't hear exactly what was said, he could hear the anguish on the sound, ' Should I go there and check it out? ... ARGH, I DON'T KNOW ANYMORE!'

Against his better judgment, he turned around and went to the cabin once more. A decision that would change his and others' fate.

----
Sarah was the first to shout to Daniel, " Leave her and let's go. Right now!" Every instinct in her body was screaming at her to run as fast as possible.

But Daniel wasn't listening, "Shut up! I just have to go get her!"

Matthew arrived at the cabin again at that moment. Sarah looked at him disdainfully, but said nothing, 'It's all his fault! If he didn't exist, Daniel wouldn't have come all this way to do this.'

Daniel didn't notice Matthew and ran into the house, going to look for Sheryl, ' She's upstairs.'

Even though he was completely upset with Karen, who brought him to his worst enemies, Matthew approached her, ''What's going on here?"

Karen turned to Matthew. She was as lost as he was, "I have no idea."

Sarah overheard the conversation between the two and began to shout, "You retard, we brought you here to finish you off once and for all! But we found something evil in this cabin, and we're running away. Simple."

Sarah was so scared that she told the whole truth.

Matthew already knew they lure him here to do something, but he was still feeling extra bad thanks to Karen, whom he thought he could trust.

"Why you?" Matthew asked, his voice trembling.

Karen looked at the floor, "I had no choice. For me to get my life back, they made me lie to everyone, including you. Forgive me."

Matthew was about to say something, but it was at that moment that Daniel, along with Sheryl, came out of the cabin.

Immediately upon seeing the two, every instinct in Matthew's body was screaming, ' RUN!'

But Matthew didn't understand why and stood paralyzed, his hands on the bat he brought.

Daniel looked happy, ''Let's get out of here!"

Just then, Sheryl, who was being carried by Daniel's hand, stopped moving.

Daniel noticed this and tried to get her to move. At first, he pulled gently, but Sheyl didn't move. Annoyed, he used all his strength to get her to move, but she didn't move not one inch.

Finally realizing that something was wrong, Daniel turned away from Sheryl and walked over to the van. Feeling more secure now that he was away from her, he asked Sheryl," Babe, are you okay?"

A voice came as a reply. It sounded close to Sheryl's 'normal' voice, but something in that made everyone tremble," Of course I'm okay."

All the people in the area felt fear as soon as the voice came out. It was as if someone had come from hell and spoken to them.

Bruce started the van and was ready to run.

Matthew was breaking into a cold sweat. What had happened before was no longer on his mind. Now, he just wanted to get out of there as fast as possible because he knew it was bad. Even though he knew the person in front of him was Sheryl, the girl he once loved, his instinct was telling him to run.

Sheryl, who had her head down until this moment, not letting anyone see her face, finally looked at the group.

Everyone gasped. White eyes, sharp teeth, a demonic face.

Those who had heard the tape knew that Sheryl had turned into a Deadbite. But Karen and Matthew had not heard, are both were afraid and fearful.

'What the hell is going on here!?' Matthew was beginning to suspect that it was some kind of theater to mess with him, but the reaction of Karen, who was beside him, made that idea go away, 'She's genuinely afraid... God, what is that?'

Bruce, as soon as I saw Sheryl's face, stepped on the gas. He didn't care who wasn't in the van, what he wanted most right now was to get out of there.

He knew that the Deadbite were demons and he didn't want to be around them.

But it was at that moment that 'Sheryl' shouted, " We will feast on your SOUL!"

In an instant, Sheryl appeared in front of the van. Bruce, on instinct, dodged it to the side slightly, but it was enough for the Van to crash into a nearby tree and shut down.

" START THE CAR YOU FUCKER!!" Sarah shouted but to no avail.

" The car won't start!" Bruce tried but nothing would start the car. He then looked forward and noticed that Sheryl was in front of the van, standing still and looking at them with a sinister smile.

''Fuck this.'' Bruce got out of the car and ran towards the cabin.

Everyone was surprised by this and were a step late. But as soon as they reacted, they all did the same as Bruce.

"SON OF A BITCH! AT LEAST LET THE GIRLS RUN FIRST!" Janet, who was more reserved, cursed like there was no tomorrow.

While everyone was running to the cabin, Matthew took a big breath, 'She's still Sheryl. You can talk to her.'

Remembering that everyone there, excluding Karen and Matthew, knew that the person standing in front of them was a demon.

At this point, everyone but Matthew had entered the house. Karen was the last to enter and she didn't close the door.

Daniel yelled at her, "What are you doing!? Close the door right now!''

Karen shook her head and yelled, "No! Matthew is still out there! We have to get him inside!'' Although she knew that everyone here hated Matthew because of Daniel's lies, she knew that Matthew was one of the best people she knew.

Sure enough, when everyone looked out, Matthew was outside, near Sheryl. Daniel's face went into ecstasy, 'If he's killed by a demon, people here won't be able to talk about it... perfect!'

Although the original plan was just to break Matthew once and for all, now Daniel saw an opportunity. He took charge of the situation, ''Leave the door open!''

Everyone looked at Daniel with surprise. He was the person who hated Matthew the most, so what he said was a complete surprise.

Karen and Sarah knew that he was planning something, but Karen knew that the only chance Matthew had of getting into the cabin was to keep the door open. So she gritted her teeth and left the door open.

Everyone's view from inside the cabin was straight at Matthew and Sheryl, and they all stared at the situation. Everyone but Karen wanted to know if this Deadite was as dangerous as Professor Dangerous had said.

Matthew, against his body's instincts, was moving towards Sheryl. However, she herself approached him in an instant. He was startled by her speed and tried to move away, but Sheryl didn't let him create a distance.

''Oh, Matthew, how I missed you!'' Sheryl's appearance had returned to normal, but this scared Matthew, who was paralyzed for some reason, even more.

Matthew tried to move his body but couldn't, 'What's happening to my body!?'

What he had just done, approaching Sheryl, had been a lapse in judgment after he had gone too long without seeing her. Old feelings had returned and confused Matthew enough for him to go against his instincts.

He ignored the demoniac look Sheryl had, but now that he was paralyzed, fear came like a wave and Matthew realized that what he had done was madness.

Sheryl, who had returned to her normal appearance, moved even closer to Matthew. They were only a few inches away from each other. He could smell something bad coming from her, and he still couldn't move, couldn't say anything.

Not giving Matthew time to think about anything, Sheryl smiled and opened her arms, ''Give me a hug!''

Sheryl then hugged Matthew, who could do nothing but stare. After a few seconds of hugging, Sheryl pulled away a little. A passionate look came over her face, and she said with fire in her voice, "Now, how about a kiss?''

Matthew wanted to shake his head or even speak NO but could do neither. The rotten smell was growing and he didn't even care what was happening anymore, he just wanted to get out of the place.

But, fate was cruel. Sheryl 'noticed' the silence and smiled lovingly, '' Well, as people say, silence is a yes!''

Sheryl then gave Matthew a big kiss. It was so sweet that a cherry popped out of both of their mouths.

Wait... it was just blood. Sheryl was biting Matthew's lips so hard that blood was coming out of them.

Breaking the kiss and then licking the blood that was gushing out, Sheryl's appearance returned to its Deadite form. After licking the blood off, she ran her tongue over her lips, '' Delicious.''

But to the horror of Matthew, who was losing blood and couldn't move, the Deadite Sheryl wanted more. She moved closer to Matthew once again, ''But you know what's better than a bloody kiss? An eye!''

To the horror of everyone in the cabin who was watching the whole thing, and to make Matthew's situation even worse, Sheryl simply put her demonic finger in the direction of Matthew's eye.

POP

Matthew felt the immense pain of having his eye pierced and pulled out, but he couldn't move or scream. He could only watch as Sheyrl put his eye in her mouth and chewed it out.

CRUNCH CRUNCH GULP

After a few bites, Sheryl swallowed the eye. She seemed extremely pleased with her snack. So much so, that she looked at the other eye. '' I'm still hungry.''

Matthew had given up by this time. He couldn't move and could only stare. But, before Sheryl could gouge out the other eye, a bottle hit the Deadite Sheryl in the head.

'' OH?'' Deadite looked at the location where the bottle came from, and Karen was there. She was shaking, but that took the Deadite's attention away from Matthew, who could now move.

He wasted no time and, even without an eye and bleeding, used his baseball bat with all his strength and hit 'Sheryl' right in the head.

CRACK

To everyone's shock, the bat simply broke off as soon as it hit her head. Looking at the part of the bat that remained in his hand, Matthew knew he had little to do but run.

The blow only served to bring the attention back to him. Sheryl turned to Matthew and smiled, "Is this how you treat your ex?! Bad boy!''

Knowing he didn't have much to do, Matthew had two options. Run into the forest and be sure to be hunted down and killed at once, or try his luck at the cabin with his ex-friends, who were worse than snakes.

Grinding his teeth, Matthew turned and started running towards the cabin and Karen. He looked at her and shouted, '' Run!''

This caused Karen to wake up from the fright of seeing the baseball bat breaking and she took off running in front of Matthew. Luckily for the pair, the cabin door was still open and everyone was still watching the situation.

Karen arrived first and stood in the doorway, making sure it stayed open until Matthew arrived. Matthew was still running, but he kept looking back to see where Deadite Sheryl was.

To his surprise, the Deadite Sheyrl was just smiling and waving at him. It seemed that she was playing with food.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, Matthew entered the cabin. Karen immediately closed the door, but she knew that based on what she saw, this new Sheryl could easily break down the door.

Matthew sat down on the floor. He was sweating cold, bleeding, and missing an eye. He looked up and saw no happy face. ' Oh well, no surprise.' He was in a state of shock, but he didn't notice it.

Matthew tore off a piece of his clothing and put it over his eye to stop the bleeding. He then told all his former friends ''Hello. I know no one's happy to see me, BUT CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE!!!?''

 

 

1