#005 Spells and New Achievements
1.1k 4 44
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Nick didn't have to think twice as he hit the 'yes' button on the window. The open book's pages started flipping from start to finish as all the letters began glowing.

New skill!
Hydrokinesis: The art of manipulating water to ebb and flow to your will. Level: 1
Mana consumption while using water-based abilities -10%
Damage dealt by water-based combat spells +10%

New skill!
Invigorate: Double mana regeneration for a set time for 1 target. Duration: 1 hour. Cooldown: 6 hours. Cost: 50mp

The letters stopped glowing and the book settled down as Nick read through the new windows. Not only did he get 2 skills from the book, but a passive skill like Hydrokinesis looked like it would be amazing as it leveled up. He even understood the fundamentals behind his new skill. As he closed the two windows, he was surprised by yet another popup.

You have learned 3 or more Skills!
Achievements are now unlocked!

Survive a near-death experience! Try not to have another one so soon alright?
+ 1 Endurance

Jerked off to your own sister! Quite the pervert aren't you?
+2 Libido
+1 Charisma

The free endurance and charisma points would definitely be appreciated. The libido... not so much. He was already much more sensitive than he was in his previous life so it was a bit conflicting seeing that number continue to go up.

Eager to test out just what he could do with his new water manipulation ability, Nick went back to the bathroom and turned the sink on. He instinctively knew how to start using his new ability thanks to the knowledge he gained from the book. Firstly, he started with something small, just moving the flowing water from side to side.

Hydrokinesis didn't have a set cost to it, but he noticed his mana bar depleting a bit faster the more he exerted his influence on the water. Nick quickly moved on to more flashy movements with the water, trying to throw it against the wall or spin it around himself. It all came naturally to him thanks to the book, but it was still fun for him to mess around. Magic and spells may be commonplace in this world, but for Nick, this was his first time using magic, and he was having loads of fun.

Unluckily for him, his fun would soon end as his mana bar depleted to nothing and the water around him dropped to the ground. Even without checking his mana bar, he could feel something inside him, or rather, the lack of something inside him indicating that he was low on mana.

No mana meant that Nick couldn't even try out Invigorate. His current mana regen was 1 per minute. So a hundred minutes for him to get back to full. Invigorate could double his regen to 2 per minute, but it would cost 50 mana. Meaning he would spend 25 of his 60 boosted minutes just regenerating the cost back. Thinking about it this way, it didn't seem as good as he initially expected it to be. However, boosting its level through repeated use would likely make it more useful and hopefully efficient.

 

Nick spent the next hour just looking around the room waiting for enough mana to cast Invigorate. It was a much larger room than he expected, but it was still a bit messy for his standards. Clothes on the ground littered a corner of the room as he spent the time cleaning up a bit. Nick cast Invigorate on himself as soon as he had the necessary mana. He felt refreshed and slightly more energetic as he saw the buff start ticking.

It was only his first time casting it, so it wasn't much of a surprise that it didn't level up, yet part of him was still disappointed. Hydrokinesis hadn't leveled up either but considering how powerful its effects could be, that wasn't too surprising. Nick spent his increased hour of regen messing with the water in the sink again, trying to hit the wall harder and harder without too much success until he decided that it wouldn't hurt to get the rest he promised his sister he would.

44