The Path to Glory – Chapter II
26 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The fall of the gates of the city resulted in the death of those who were there. 5k was now dead. The invader mage didn't stop the attack and proceed to decimate every person he found on his sight.

But everyone turned their attention to a new mage who appeared using the town teleporter, that can't be used to in Gyeon, only in Wansadong. Using a light blue coat, the people in town understood that this was a mage sent by the Emperor himself.

-Fear you shall not - Spoke the mage - I was sent by the Emperor to aid your city.

When he finished saying that, he sought for the enemy in his view of sight. The enemy observed the situation. He never expected to fight against Ancrid, the sith best mage in the entire continent. 

-It is an honour to have you as my enemy, Ancrid - spoke the invader.

-May I know your name?

-Its Bellamy. Bellamy Stevenson.

-Ancrid Brandon.

When Ancrid did not expect, Bellamy, charging in with a ball of magic. There was no time to dodge, so he had only the time to invoke a weak shield. The shield broke and the ball of magi liberated a smoke curtain from which Bellamy charged with his dagger. Going back and forth with the dagger. Ancrid had to act quickly, so he invoked a sequence of light blue magic on the direction Bellamy was. Now that he had regained composure, he started chanting magic non-stop while charging up. From which magic that was sent, Bellamy had to invoke weaker and weaker magic shields as well as to try to create a chance of counter-attack. 

For those who were watching, it was like a show. But the situation was different for Hellad. He was on the wrong side of the "show". The other town folk were already finding a way through the blocks of concrete of the broken gate, which meant that even if Ancrid lost the battle, they could still have a chance, but Hellad was on the other side of the battle, which meant that he had to get by the two mages to have a chance of scaping.

Bellamy was getting impatient and decided to retreat to the ceiling of a house. From up there, he started invoking the biggest amount of magic. Ancrid noticed and started to invoke a barrier to protect the citizens. But, when trying to do so, he felt extremely weak. After he did a check-up, he found out that he had been poisoned by the dagger of Bellamy. It meant that he could not invoke two barriers at the same time, so he chose to sacrifice on living - Hellad - in favour of 6k.

the population of Gyeon is about 11k

Hellad noticed that barriers were being invoked on the other side of the battle, but none were built upon his side. he then proceeds to take cover on the nearest building he found.

Ancrid was now invoking his magic. He knew that even though Bellamy was chanting for more time than him, his magic would prevail. 

After a minute - that felt like a century to the town folk - passed by, Ancrid and Bellamy unleashed their magic. Light blue and Purple incredibly collided with each other. But everybody could see that Acrid's magic was prevailing over Bellamy's one. Soon, the town folk started encouraging Acrid to continue and to not stop.

In the end, Bellamy ceded victory to Ancrid, since he couldn't hold any longer. The magic of Ancrid proceeds then to consume Bellamy body, leaving ashes on the ground. Ancrid also fell. The poison hit him, and he couldn't also hold any longer. He was going to die. In the last moments of his long-live life, his sight fall on Hellad.

-Boy, come closer - he speaks while coughing blood.

Terrorized from the battle he had just seen, Hellad go to Ancrid side fearful.

-You are the son of Memzad, ain't you? - He leaves out a pitiful smile - You really resemble him. Here - he picked Hellad hand and put it in his chest - You can feel it right?

-Yes...

-It is magic. I have always wanted to have a pupil.

-What are you talking about?

In a glimpse, Hellad's eyes went eye and in his mind, the only thing he could feel was Ancrid voice talking to him.

-I am going to entrust you, all of my magical power. What are you going to do now? 

-Scape.

-Tell me the real reason, I can feel when someone lies to me you know

-I am going to Samposong, find my mother and then runway with her to further west, I have been told that the Notlandic Empire has a great leader and also a great market.

-But you surely know that Samposong is having a battle right now. The Dejeony troops have already arrived there. 

-I am going to make my way.

-Okay, you shall receive my powers, make wise use of them. I would recommend you to rush over to your mother.

Hellad started absorbing a huge amount of magic form Ancrid. Years of experience of Ancrid's fighting filled his mind.

After 4 minutes, Hellad was finally liberated from the transition.

-Wait for me mother.

1