Concurrent Streams – 1
31 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

99f4ebd9583326569b9d927bcbadbfc5.png

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Walking through the gentle blue pastel caves, I can't help but feel amazed. Too many times have I walked through this beautiful place without even batting an eye. But now, with my mind set on not killing everything in my path, I can really appreciate how amazing it looks.

"What are you thinking about over there?" Chara says, looking over my shoulder into the clear blue waters. 

"About how goddamn beautiful this place is!" Looking deeper into the water, I see my long, shaggy brown hair flows into my face. Shaking it off, I stand up, excited to take in the sights. Turning around, I nearly pee myself when Sans is just standing there. Watching me. "Holy F--" 

"hey now, keep it pg." Eyes flashing with confusion, I stare at him awkwardly.

"W-what do you want?" I say, stuttering on my words.

"i was think'in, ya wanna get some grub? it'll be on me."

"Don't you have work?!" I say, exasperation slipping into my voice.

"hey now, two jobs means twice the amount of legally acquired breaks." Staring at him unconvinced, he winks before putting his hand out. "c'mon, i know a shortcut." Sighing, I grab his hand. Taking a few steps to the left, we appear in Grillby's. "S-sans.." 

"yeah kid?"

Keeling over, gagging, I put my hands in the snow and eject everything in my stomach. 

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Helping me up, Sans sits me down with an apologetic expression. "sorry kid, wasnt expectin ya to hurl like that."

Staring at him, I wave my hand, "It's fine, I guess I just don't take so kindly to magic like that."

"well, like i said, it's on me. whadya want? some fries, or burg?"

thinking harder than I've ever thunk, I say the obviously superior choice.

"I'll have a burger, thanks."

Waving over Grillby, Sans orders me a hamburger and tells Grillby to put it on his tab.

"so kid, you made it to waterfall. pap was sad when you left, y'know."

"Yeah, I was sad too. He's a good friend." Chuckling, Sans waves down Grillby as he comes back with our food. Putting my hamburger down in front of me, he stares at Sans.

"......."

"yeah grillbz, ill pay my tab, just not today"

Staring at the silent conversation, sans noticed my stare and looked back at me. "you want ketchup with that?" nodding my head, Sans pulled a bottle of ketchup out of his pocket.

"Where did you get that??" I say, suddenly apprehensive about this whole ketchup thing. Ignoring my question, He squeezes the bottle. Out of nowhere, the ketchup bottle practically explodes as it lets out an impressive torrent.

"......." Staring at Sans, He stares back, before winking at me.

Not letting him get to me, I stare him dead in the eyes while I pick up the ketchup-covered hamburger, before slowly and methodically eating it.

Pausing, he laughs before wiping his eye socket.

Licking my fingers to get the excess ketchup off, he starts. "ya must really like ketchup kid." Shaking my head in denial, he laughs again before continuing. 

Getting serious, he shifts his body weight onto the counter and stares me in the eyes.

"kid. i know what you did." shifting uncomfortably, I fail to meet his eyes. "it came to me in a dream, y'know? one minute, im napping all night, and the next..."  pupils vanishing, I can feel his aggression. "and next, im holding my brothers' dust in my hand." returning his posture back to normal, he shrugs. "like i said, i dont know what changed this time around, but i do know pap is happy." eating his fries, he ignores my discomfort. "so kid..." closing his eyes, he seemingly smiles. "thanks for not bein' a genocidal maniac this time." 

randomly, the tension switches back to the laid-back atmosphere. "but hey, such a heavy should be reserved for a more private place." standing, he beckons me down. walking to the front door, he grabs my hand. "shortcut?" nodding, I prepare for intense vertigo that comes with his magic.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

"bleghh..." vomiting into the water, Sans pats my back as Chara watches, obviously annoyed with the bag of bones. "next time, maybe you shouldnt drink that much ketchup. looks like you're losing blood"

chuckling slightly, i feel a little better.

"wow, cant believe i let you take me away from my work for so long" Standing up, I lock eyes with Sans. "well, i gotta get back to work." winking at me, he vanishes back to his post, leaving me, and a very, very annoyed Chara. 

"Well, no use in loitering."

Stepping with all the grace I can muster, I prepare for my trek down the beautiful stony surfaces.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

"Come on Frisk! Put it on!" 

"Chara! I am not going to wear this goddamned Tutu!"

Holding the pink frilly dress, Chara is continually trying and failing to force it on me. 

"STOP!" 

Completely disregarding my plea, She successfully manages to get the Tutu on me.

"Perfect~," She says, eyeing me up and down.

Pouting harder than I've ever pouted, I reluctantly keep it on.

"Now we just need to get your pan-" Brandishing my stick, It can sense the justice in the air as it comes down on her head with the force of a train

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

"Come on Frisk, I was joking!" Ignoring her, I cross my arms as I wade through the calm azure waters. "I am going to beat you again if you keep talking." Lifting my Tutu so it doesn't get soaked.

Leaning down, Chara Leers at my soaked socks. "You have nice shins-" Kicking her in the face, she falls ass-first into the water.

"Such a tsundere," clicking her tongue, she gives up on harassing me for the time being. Walking into the grass patch, I bump into the Monster Kid. "Oh, hey Frisk!" He says, running up to me. His parents had me watch over him in Snowdin while they did miscellaneous things or went out, so I knew him pretty well.

Nearly a whole head shorter than me, he wasn't the tallest monster.

"Hey Kid," I say, coming closer before standing next to him. "What are you doing here? I thought your parents said that you weren't allowed to leave Snowdin?"

Shifting, he looks at me. "Ah-hah... Please don't tell them..? I'm trying to see Undyne! I know I've already told you but, she is soooo cool!!!"

Sighing, I grab his cheek and look him in the eye. "All right, only this time... But you better listen to me! And don't go ahead!"

Smiling, he breaks from my hold, "Thanks!" he says, "Follow me!" Shifting past the grass, Chara pokes me and points upwards. looking up, I see a spear aimed directly at my head.

"Tch.." I hear a voice above me say before the spear de-materialises and the figure bounds off into the darkness.

Walking out of the tall grass, the Kid scrunches his eyes before looking me up and down 

"Did your fashion sense change? I didn't think that you'd wear clothes like that" Slightly blushing, I glare at Chara who gives me finger guns, before looking back. "J-just wanted to change it up, y'know?" Blinking, he does his best attempt at a shrug.

Monster Kid, utterly unaware of the danger, excitedly walks out of the grass. Following behind him, we move off into the azure caves.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

"You can do it, Frisk!" The monster kid shouts, cheering me on. Hefting the lilypad over my head, I throw it into the water.

Sliding to the end of the pool, the pad stops when it hits the other three.

Flowering, I wave the Monster Kid over as we walk over.

"Having someone with arms really helps!" He says happily. Holding my arm out, I stop him before putting my finger to my mouth. shooing him away, Aaron comes around the corner and looks me up and down. Feeling combat initiate, we begin.

Winking at me, he flexes his muscles. "Check all you want." Scrunching my nose, I look to Chara for assistance.

"Flirt. With. It." She says, dismissing my concern.

Looking at Chara reluctantly, I force my eyes back to Aaron, "Chara.. what do I even say??" I whisper back. Shrugging her shoulders, she leaves me to contemplate on my own.

Moving out of the way of his Magic(or just his sweat??) I strike a curtsy pose and lift my Tutu. "Your muscles are truly a sight to behold!" trying my hardest to seem fancy, I somehow succeed as Aaron wiggles his eyebrows. "Thank you," He says, winking again, before flexing even harder. 

Eyes widening, I watch as Aaron starts floating, before vanishing into the nearly sky-like ceiling.

Quickly coming out of his hiding place, The Monster Kids' eyes shine with admiration. "Wow! I didn't know you were that good at acting!" Feeling my face heat up, I quickly make an excuse, "W-well of course! When you're as cool as me, you can do anything easily!" I say, putting my nose in the air." 

"Mhm." Chara moans sarcastically, obviously not knowing true greatness. Glaring at her, Monster Kid follows my eyes. Seeing nothing, he squints. Deciding that I'm just being weird, he shrugs and we continue our journey.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

I've been writing chapters over a few days instead of all at once, so It might seem a little strange. My 3AM brain and my 11AM brain are not the same

3