Concurrent Streams – 2
42 3 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Rewrote the entire chapter after looking it over. Writing the Overworld is a little boring, but I hope it's at least decent. 

FUN FACT: The wiki describes the tough glove as pink, even though it's associated with the orange bravery soul.

99f4ebd9583326569b9d927bcbadbfc5.png

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Looking through the spyglass, I watch the Monster Kids' face raise in confusion. "Frisk, Im not seeing much of anything..?" Smiling slightly, I tell him to look in the corners. With a shrug(?) he looks in the corner of the scope, before groaning. "Ohh!" Running to the wall, I watch as he trips and falls over, headbutting the wall.
(BOOM)
Quickly crumbling, he lies on the floor.
Rushing over to him, I ask "Are you alright?" Laughing, he looks at the wall. "I solved the puzzle!" sighing, I pick him up. "You did solve the puzzle."
both laughing, we walk into the next room.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Looking at the signs, I sigh. I am NOT reading all of that. Pulling the interested Monster Kid away, we reach the water. "Yo, How are we gonna get past?" Obviously completely oblivious to the small raft in front of us, I heft him on my shoulders.
"yo?" confused, he watches as I take a step onto the detachable piece of the bridge.
"Ohh!" smiling, we both look over the deep blue waters.
smiling at the beauty of the tides, we click onto the other side of the water, and I nearly fall. Chuckling, I lift him off my shoulders before putting him on the bridge.
Pointing forward, we both continue.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

"Alright, Kid. I know I said that you should follow behind me but..." Looking over past the pillars, I sweat a little at the blue glint hidden behind it.
"Yo?"
"Go run ahead, I have a bad feeling..."
"You sure, dude?"
Squinting at him, I push him forward. Blinking, he shrugs, before running ahead. watching him as he nearly falls over, I sigh as he catches himself. The moment he reaches the grass, I start sprinting. Pulling my leg up, I barely evade the spear that pierces the ground under me.
"S-Shit!" Coming out of the darkness, The armoured figure starts sprinting after me, all while throwing an incredible amount of spears towards my direction.
Eye widening, I run as fast as possible while listening to their feet slamming into the ground after me.
Ducking out of pure instinct, I yelp as a spear flies over my head, Punching deeply into the rock above. Shuddering at the thought of it hitting me in the back of the head, I run faster. Seeing the grass, I calm down a little, which leads to me tripping.
"O-Ouc-!" tripping over a rock, I fall face-first into the long stretch of grass. Face sliding against the dirt, I cry out as I slowly glide to a stop. The monster kid, shocked, and obviously very worried stares at me.
"Yo! Are you okay!?" kneeling, down to me, he snorts as he's ripped out of the grass. Eyes closing, I lie in the dirt as I hear him scream.
"OHMYGOSH!!!"
"What...?" Obviously confused, The armoured figure, or Undyne grunts.
"I-IMYOURBIGGESTFAN!!!"
"Uhh..." Hearing him drop next to me I groan as Undyne walks away, confused.
Still excited, He remembers me. "OH! Yo, Are you ok?!" Kneeling down for real this time, he nudges me as I whine. "(Cough) I-i think I swallowed a pound of dirt..." Spitting, I cough some more before standing up. Dusting myself off, I shake my Tutu free of dirt before walking out of the grass. Following behind me, He still speaks, still excited. "But YO!!! Did you see how she grabbed my face? I don't think ill ever wash it!!!"
Going to speak, I cough some more dirt out before giving him a thumbs up. Feeling a stitch in my stomach from running, I sigh as we walk into the long, deep blue corridor.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Walking, the monster kid looks worried. "Frisk, are you alright?"

Still recovering, rasping out a laugh, I pat his back as we go deeper and deeper into the dark caves.

"(Cough) yeah. I'm fine. I-I just need to... Catch my breath."

Raising an eyebrow, he shrugs.

"Whatever you say..." clearly not believing me, he decides to give up for now.

"hey, kids." Stopping, me and monster kid look to our right. Standing next to an antique-looking telescope, he waves us over. Confused, I stare at him.

Feeling a little better, I stare at him. "Sans... What on earth are you doing here?" Eyeing me up and down, he raises an eye socket. "did you just eat a pile of dirt?" nodding slightly, he laughs before continuing. "what? never seen a skeleton with a skele-tonne of jobs?" Stifling a laugh, I look over at the monster kid, who stands unamused.

"sooo...." Looking over it, he walks closer. "What does it do?" putting on a business-like demeanour, he straightens his spine. "well, i'm selling looks through my skele-scope. 50000g for a minute." raising my eyebrows, I put my hands in my pocket, and I pull. A dirt-covered gumball, and 76G.

"Sans. Who in their right mind would spend THAT much money on a telescope?" 

"calm it, kid, this one time, ill let the two'aya try it for free."

Shrugging, I push monster kid ahead. "Go ahead, I think ill sit this one out." Walking up to it, he takes a knee and looks through it.

"..."

"Well? What's it like?"

"...Yo, Sans. Why is it... red?" Standing up, he looks at Sans.

Shrugging, he laughs. "what? ya need to ketchup with the times' kid. all telescopes look like this."

"I don't really think that's true, Dude."

"Neither do I." Beckoning the monster kid, I wave to Sans as we walk away.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Walking through the arch, I hear a soft voice. Interested, the kid bounds off, leaving me to slowly walk behind him.

"...yo, is t...." hearing a soft voice in the distance, I speed it up.

"Nice cream? Is that a new kind of ice cream?"

Walking up, I answer his question. "yeah, it's really good too!"

Seeing me again, The rabbit's face lights up. "Oh, Frisk!" Back in Snowdin, I'd helped him sell a few cones with my amazing charisma. 

"You don't have any of cha-" glaring at her, she quiets down.

"Hello! Did you move locations?" Smiling, he leans down. "yes I did! Even though it was a small success in Snowdin, Im looking for more!" handing me a cone, he laughs. "It's on the house this time, Frisk." Handing me another one for the Kid, he waves us off, happy. 

Walking out of the room, I hold the cone up to the Monster Kids' face as he licks it expectantly. 

"Wow!!" out of nowhere, He bits into the ice cream cone, ripping it out of my hand, before swallowing it.

Eyes wide in surprise, I cringe.

"Yo! Can I have yours too!?" 

Obviously really enjoying the Ice cream, I put it up to his face as he repeats what he did before.

"Doesn't that make your teeth cold..?" I say, feeling mine ache.

"Nah! I always eat the Snow when I fall in Snowdin, So I'm pretty used to cold!" Sighing, We take a step onto the damp blue grass with a squelch.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Staring into the Murky Sky-blue water, he takes in the beauty. "Man, Waterfall is so pretty." Standing up, he continues following behind me as we reach a dead end with a singular patch of grass in the centre.

Walking ahead of me, he stares into the grass disappointed. 

"Aw, man... It's only a stupid pair of shoes." Walking up next to him, I see the frilly pink Ballet shoes. Hoping we can just walk away, I look up.

Peeking at Chara, my hopes are shattered when I see her perverse expression. 

Sighing, I give in. I don't want the kid to think I'm weird by angrily talking to myself.

Confused, the monster kid watches as I sit down on the moist grass.

"Yo, What are you doing?" Slipping off my destroyed loafers, I sigh. "I uh... Need new shoes anyway. Mine are barely functional." Slipping them on, I stand.

"Why don't you just get your parents to buy you a pair?" 

"Well..." Ignoring his question, I walk around, getting used to the slightly heeled shoes.

"There we go. Tutu... Ballet shoes... A pair of pink gloves... you're practically a ballerina! " Laughing heartily, I shoot her a glare and try my hardest to ignore her.

"Come on, let's just go."

raising an eyebrow, he shrugs and we continue.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Stumbling, I groan. My feet may be more protected, but man is it hard to walk. 

Slowly getting used to my raised shoes, I look up as we walk through a large arch, leading into a long path surrounded by water. 

The lack of natural light and the ghastly ambience only did more to add to the dark atmosphere. 

"Yo... This place is kinda scary." Sliding a little closer, I chuckle. "It's alright, It's not like anything is in-" Not even able to finish my sentence, I squint my eyes as tentacles pierce the water's surface.

"..." Groaning at my hellish luck, I look at the Monster Kid.

Frightened, he sticks even closer.

Speed walking, I watch as the water is filled with more and more tentacles before a large, bulbous mass breaks the surface.

"Hiiiiii!" Squinting at the octopus-esque creature I put my arm out and stop the Monster Kid. "Hello." Very put off by its appearance, I prepare to run as it speaks.

"Imm Onion-san!" Rolling over in excitement, my guard vanishes as I sigh. it's not dangerous... Probably.

Patting him on the head to calm him down, Me and the Kid start walking again.

"You must be viisitiing Waterfall, huh?" Nodding my head in approval, it excitedly continues.

"Me too! You must liike it, huh?" realising that it won't leave us alone if we let it keep talking, I feel my face scrunch in annoyance. catching myself, I try to be as polite as possible. 

"Yes. It's quite beautiful." Wiggling in excitement, its eyes light up.

"Yeah! iits my biig favourite!" Pausing, It looks at the water sadly. "And even though the water's gettiing shallow..." shrinking even more, it continues. "a-and all my friends moved to the aquariium in the ciity..."

Regaining its vigour, Onion-san stares at us. "Well. Ii shouldn't make you sad with my problems! You probably have a lot of things going on too!" twirling its tentacles, it sees the end of the room. "Oh! you're almost at the other siiide!" Spinning, it waves us goodbye. "Enjoy Waterfall..!"

Leaving the strange monster behind, Monster Kid lets out a sigh of relief. 

"Man! That thing was weird!" laughing, I stare at the ceiling. "Yes, it was..." contemplating, I shrug my shoulders before beckoning the Kid further into the caves.

dca1c3ef06bc4a26a99fbd629248ba43.png

Fingers gracefully moving across the keys, Monster Kid sits impressed, watching intently. Filling the room with the sound of music, I finish the piece displayed on the other end of the piano as monster kid stands and comes over.
"Dude! I didn't know you could play the piano!" Smiling slightly, I stand from the seat. "Well, it never came up." Still excited, The Monster Kid moves to the door, "Well, come on! We need to find Undyne!"
Moving to the door, we exit the room before taking a right into the long hallway. Seeing the statue in the middle of the corridor, we look at it for a little before moving on. Confused, I stare into the next room. "Why is it raining?" Shrugging his shoulders he moves into the rain. "There are umbrella's out here!" Following him, I grab the umbrella, before opening it. Coming under the umbrella next to me, the monster kid is thankful.
"Having someone with arms is awesome!"
Chuckling, we avoid puzzles as the Monster Kid talks. "Yo! Remember how Undyne grabbed my face earlier?" Bobbing my head, He continues. "She's just soo cool!"
Laughing, I look at him. "You must really like Undyne?" Nodding, he purposefully steps on a puddle, creating a small splash. "I remember, there was this one time in school where the king-We had to call him Mr Dreemur came to school!"

Tilting my head, he looks at me. "you must have been absent or something, 'cause I don't really remember seeing you, but he donated his flowers and even taught us a few things!" reminiscing, he smiles. "And that got my thinking... What if UNDYNE came to school?! She could beat up all the teachers!" Turning, he frowns. "Maybe not... Undyne is WAY too cool to hurt innocent people!" Laughing, we walk through the mouth of a cave.
The pathway, with a dim blue light, has a direct view of the capital. standing completely still, we watch as the light slowly shifts.
"Man, I can't believe how pretty this place is..." Looking at the castle, I smile.
"I couldn't agree more."

0