Chapter 2: Forgotten memories replayed in a dream
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

                                        This chapter is in Sid’s POV

 

The room was dark like it had never seen any light before and you could hear the sound of dripping falling from the ceiling over and over again. Even though it was nowhere close to your ears it sounded like it someone was tapping their finger on glass directly in your ears, your eyes feeling like they could go dry at any moment from all the tears you have cried.

 

Hiding in a corner hoping not to be seen by anyone but also shaking so much that you can’t feel a thing, all you can do is hide and hope for someone to save you or fear that someone  might come find you.

 

“It was your fault”

 

Sid awoke in a panic even though they've had that dream so many times it’s hard to keep track.

 

                                           Thursday may 5th 2015

 

I calmed myself down and got ready in my school uniform which consisted of a plain baggy button up shirt with a dark plaid skirt and white thigh high socks that had a blue and red stripe on the top of them along with my platformed boots.

 

I grabbed my headphones and went out the door. I rode the bus to school listening to music all the way there.

 

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I walked to my classes not able to pay attention, most of the teachers had no idea what they were even doing.

 

I listened to the sound of nonsense and jumbled up words from my teachers and the students who wanted to talk about their popularity but once they get older no one is even going to care about it.

 

They’ll all just be stuck in the past.

 

I went to the cafeteria to sit at the same table as her. I noticed that she had red under her eyes as if she was crying “are you okay?” I asked concerned “None of your business” she replied sounding upset “well i’m just worried…..” I said “I barely know you and I don’t intend on knowing you any further” she said getting up and walking away.

 

I began to face palm as I’m pretty sure I've somehow made her hate me even more then before.

 

I sat there all day avoiding any classes I had.

 

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

It had turned to night fall before I realized I had been in the same place all day.

 

I grabbed my stuff and left to go home.

 

I made it to my caretaker's home “SID your home very late right now!” They both said arms crossed “this isn’t my home” I said rolling my eyes “Yes it is and I will not have you disrespecting us!” she said almost yelling “pfft as if” I said walking to my room and locking the door.

 

I plopped down on my bed blasting music in my ears and soon falling asleep.

 

Ten years ago

 

I sat on the chair that was in front of the door, the door was open just enough for me to see through.

 

“She's only seven years old….how could this be?” she said, sounding if they were going to cry “I don’t think we’ll be able to help her” the doctor said looking down “what about her parents…?” she asked desperately, “I'm afraid….we couldn’t find anything left of them…” the doctor replied “do you have any idea who could have done this? She asked crossing her arms “were not able to identify who it was” , the doctor said.

 

I kept watching the conversation unsure what they could be talking about.

 

“Does the child remember anything” she asked tears in her eyes “I’m not sure she was able to remember” the doctor replied “that makes sense……I would block that out if I saw something like that” she said crossing her arms “It’s getting late….lets come back to this tomorrow” the doctor said coming over to the door “yeah we're all tired from this right now” she said following.

 

I began to go back to my seat acting af if I didn’t hear a thing.

 

                                          Friday may 6th 2015

 

I didn’t get much sleep that night. I guess the loud music didn’t really help me that much, I looked at the clock and it was 9:37 am. I was late for school, I began rushing around to get dressed and get ready before my caretakers noticed.

 

I ran out of my room kinda loud, but I didn’t really care if they heard me that much. I'll just be yelled at for something stupid later anyway.

 

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I made it to school right before my next class.

 

I sat down and began to close my eyes as they felt heavy and tired, I put my head on my desk and began to fall asleep 

 

I could hear the blood dripping in my ears with somewhat quiet crying, the room was dark with no windows it made it hard to see anything, there was nothing to hide behind so you had to hide in a corner hoping not to be found.

 

“It was your fault” 

 

I woke up in a bit of a panic after having that dream, the classroom had been turned empty and I was the only one that had been left. I wish I just decided to skip school that day but my caretakers would most likely scold me for it.

 

I ran out into the halls hoping I was gonna make it to my next class, I ran through the halls trying to avoid running into people.

 

I ended up running to someone “OMG i’m sorry I have a class!” I said sitting up  “get off of me” she said looking annoyed “OH it’s you SORRY” I said trying to get up as Fast as I could “leave me alone” she said getting up “it was an accident…” I said looking at her “accident or not, not my problem” she said walking away.

 

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I made it to my class huffing and puffing “s-sorry i’m late” I said trying to catch my breath.

 

I sat down at my desk looking at the window. It looked blank and gray, nothing different if I’m being honest.

 

The class wrapped up and I went to my next classes.

 

Ten years ago

 

“Moommmm I don’t like broccoli!” Sid said “ohh sweetie it’s not too bad!” my mom said eating some in front of me but I just kept refusing “ooooo I got cake…if you finish you can have some!” my dad said, grabbing the cake “I like cake” I said with wide eyes “ooooo then I guess you gotta finish now huh?” my mom said smiling “fine” I said rolling my eyes.

 

We sat there for a while as I ate the broccoli.

 

My mom and dad heard a ring at the door, they both looked over in a fast manner “were not expecting anyone……?....are we….?” my mom asked my dad “no….?” my dad said confused “go check it out will you” My mom asked my dad “ohh ok” my dad said as he booped my nose.

 

We sat there for a long time until we heard a gunshot “mom what was that” I asked worried “hide in the basement now” my mom said running to the door.

 

—----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

I watched the class that seemed to go on forever, not like I was learning anything because they had no idea what they were doing half the time.

 

I went to my room avoiding the people who tried to play my parents. That role was never theirs to fill nor did I ask for them to,they’ll probably yell at me for whatever dumb reason they magically conjured up.

 

I laid my head down on my pillow and drifted off to sleep, having that one dream replay once again.

0