Chapter 4: fun little games that aren’t so fun
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Do you ever walk all by yourself but can’t help the feeling of being watched”?” you can ignore it or you can be scared of it, you can get this sick feeling in your stomach like nervousness”.” like someone is right behind you breathing down your neck but once you turn around to look”,” nothing was there and that nervousness just seems to feel a little worse.

 

I woke up to the sound of books being slammed on my desk which seemed to trigger a small headache “Beatrice wake the fuck up” said mrs Marl looking at me with the face of disgust while all the kids infront of me held their laughter “not like you do your job anyways” I said under my breath “excuse me?...Would you like to speak up?” she said as her face became more angry “not like you do your job anyways' ' I said louder and with a smile.

 

She looked at me for a quick sec before grabbing my arm and pulling me outside the door. All I heard was the sound of kids laughing before she pushed me to the ground “principal office now!” she said pointing to the direction of the principal's office and closing the door 

 

                                            Monday may 9th 2015 

 

I rolled my eyes and got off the ground and began to walk to the principal's office, on my way there I spotted Sid with what looked to be their friends. I tried to walk past unnoticed but sid had other plans “Hey! Beatrice!” I heard a voice run after me. I turned around reluctantly “hey….” I responded back “me and some friends are gonna skip school to look at an abandoned building. Wanna join?” Sid asked “sorry can’t I have to visit the principal” I replied trying to get out of the conversation “isn’t she always high on some drug though? She’ll probably not be able to tell you even came” Sid responded “My parents wouldn’t be very happy with me if they found out” I said obviously lying “if you don’t wanna come that's fine but if you change your mind we’ll be here for another few minutes okay?” they said before going back to their little group.

 

I made my way to the principal's office.

 

—---

 

I heard whispers and the sounds of people running behind me but no one was there”.” I kept calm but my heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. “I,” kept walking but I felt sick like someone was there following me but no one was there”.” I began to shake a little as the lights started to flicker on and off for a second and I let out a heavy breath as I finally made it to the principal's door”.” I looked down at a sign that was taped to the door, the sign that once had a smiley face was somehow almost smudged away.

 

I looked through the window and I saw the principal snorting cocaine up her nose and one of the teachers joining her. I rolled my eyes and was about to open the door. Before I saw them start kissing and immediately said nope and walked away.

 

—---

 

As I made it back to the hall I noticed sid and their friends were still there I decided to say fuck it and join in on their abandoned building shit.

 

“Sid i’ll join your little escapade” I said, noticing the people who had poured a bucket of blood on me were there so I regretted joining immediately “yay let's go then” Sid said cheerfully.

 

—--

 

We started walking down a path that led to the woods and I immediately felt uneasy about it. “Are you sure this is a good idea?” I asked looking at them “you can stay then” Ember replied annoyed with my question and kept going ahead I followed along.

 

A couple minutes in, Sid tried to make conversation with me “sorry about Ember…….shes a lot nicer you just gotta get to know her” Sid said playing with their fingers “no need to apologize for someone else's actions” I replied back which sid smiled back “I get dragged along to do stuff like this all the time so you have nothing to worry about” Sid said trying to reassure me and wrapping their arm around my shoulder and then they began to ramble on about bands they like and their best and worst songs and I listened the whole time”.” As soon as we got to the building I noticed some hair had fallen out from behind Sid’s hair which I had the urge to fix “guys come on!” Nelly”,” the other girl had yelled at us and we ran right over.

 

—----

 

The building was made out of brick and looked to be really old with a lot of cracks all around it and vines wrapping all around it with smashed windows. Overall the building looked like it was holding on by a thread waiting to break but even though I was scared I followed right into the deteriorating building.

 

The floors looked old and rickety and definitely ready to break as soon as you step foot on it as I was looking around I was interrupted by Ember “let's check out the basement” Ember said looking at Nelly smiling “yes because looking at a basement in a old house is a great idea” Sid replied rolling their eyes “Sid don’t be a wuss” Ember said smiling “lets go!” Nelly said walking away to what I assume was to find the basement.

 

Once we found the basement Ember took out a flashlight and points it up at her face to make it look like she was gonna read a scary story at a sleepover “are….you ready for the mysterious WONDERS…that could be held…..DOWN UNDER” Ember said in the most dramatic way possible making Nelly and Sid laugh “now….how about we let….our new guest first” Ember said laughing and moving her body out of the way of the door to which I reluctantly moved to the door and once I made it into the basement the door behind me closed and it all suddenly went dark.

“WHAT THE FUCK!” I screamed which all I heard was laughing, I started to push and bang on the door “okay you’ve had your fun, open the door” I said still pushing on the door “guys open the door” I heard Sid say but they still continued laughing.

 

The laughing seemed to fade out and the room appeared to go darker and that silent whispering came from the bottom of the stairs and that sound of someone walking towards me seemed to start again.

 

I heard the familiar sound of dripping blood, sounded way too familiar.

 

I pulled my knees to my chest, put my head down, and closed my eyes tightly before I heard someone walk closer to me and stand right next to me for a second to say “it’s coming” and just like that the door opened and I ran right out with such an awful headache.

 

“Be honest, was it even that bad” ember said smiling, I got up and brushed off what happened. “no…I was just dramatic,” I replied. “See I knew it…now let's move on to my favorite activity” Ember said running to a different room, I bent down to Sid’s ear and whispered “what's the next activity?” I asked “they pulled my ear to their face “a confession circle….you confess your biggest secrets” they said, I turned to look at them cautious “you don’t have to participate if you don’t want to” sid said walking away to the other room but I stayed in the other room contemplating leaving and going home, it was so obvious that they didn’t want me here and were trying to make me feel miserable.

 

After a few minutes I headed for the door but sid came out and grabbed me to sit with them, as we walked into the room I noticed a bunch of lit candles in a circle and items sitting in the center of the circle “Beatrice you must put an item in the circle” Ember said looking at me “what do I put in there?” I asked knowing I didn’t have much on me “it can be anything” Nelly replied, I searched my pockets and all I found was a folded up picture of my parents “here it’s all I have” I said handing the picture over to Ember “oh it’s perfect….” Ember said smiling “okay now all sit next to one of the candles” Ember said signaling for us to all sit down.

 

“Okay we’ll let the new girl go last for this one” Ember said “I’ll go first” Nelly said we all looked to her direction “I once kissed a girl” Nelly said “oh come on we all know about that” Ember said laughing “You do?!?” Nelly said alarmed “yeah she wasn’t so quiet about it” Ember responded again “okay Sid you go” Ember said “well….I once found my foster moms stash of special gummies…which were in an odd shape” sid said looking a little embarrassed “what was the shape” I asked curious “they...were shaped like dicks…..they tasted so good…but being high for the first time was weird” Sid said laughing it off “how old even were you?” Nelly asked, laughing “I was thirteen…” Sid replied we all laughed about it.

 

The room went more serious “okay my turn” Ember said turning around to grab something from her bag “okay got it” she said before turning to us holding a gun, I felt uneasy looking at the gun “i’ve never told anyone this but I shot someone once” Ember said “are they alive?” Sid asked nervously “yes…..it was self defense…” Ember said.

 

“hey Beatrice…..wanna shoot something with me….it still has bullets inside” Ember said smiling and everyone turned to look at me “uh ... .no thanks” I replied feeling sick “are you scared?....come on it won’t be that bad” Ember said which my heart started to beat faster as she walked closer to me “hold it” she asked handing me the gun, I moved back slightly holding back some tears “n-no thanks” I replied she lifted the gun up and shot the gun at a window causing it to smash, I started to cry uncontrollably, I started to breathe heavy, i and felt ringing in my ears.

 

“Beatrice…are you okay?” Sid asked, all I was able to get out was a few mumbles about my dad “Ember that was too far….” Sid said getting up and walking towards me “she's such a baby” Ember started ranting but Sid ignored her and helped me up to take me outside.

 

I was unable to stop crying and once we made it outside I grabbed tightly to Sid and out of surprise they fell backwards but they held me back and we stayed like that for a moment before they pulled me off and whipped my tears away “I’m sorry” was all they said but I couldn’t get any words out. 

 

I soon left. 

I went home that day feeling uncomfortable after what had happened, when I arrived home the ringing in my ears had finally dissipated, as I was about to turn to my house when I noticed a women who seemed to be in her late thirties knocking on the door I stood there for a few minutes before walking up to her “what are you doing?” I asked with a questioning look on my face which she jumped in surprise “geez you scared me” she said catching her breath “sorry…but who are you?” I replied “well i’m looking for Mr Jones” she said looking towards me “my dad?...he's out for a business trip” I said lying “Oh then what about Mrs Jones?” she asked “she's out with him” I said trying not to make it obvious I was lying “Oh then will you please give them this paper?” she said handing me a paper “sure” I replied “oh before I go…are you eating well?.....How old are you?” she asked, looking concerned “none of your business but i’m fine and i’m 17” I replied confused “you look underweight…but I’ll take your word for it” she said walking away to her car.

 

I rolled my eyes and went inside, it was around 6pm at this point and I was ready to sleep, as I headed up the stairs to my room I heard the sound of dripping come from the kitchen I went to approach it but I froze as soon as my hand was about to open the door, I hadn’t been in there since the “accident” in that moment I decided against going in there and heading up to my room instead.

0