Dream 11- Ogre Slayer
158 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two days before Ai leaves, she is spending her time in Jigokudani, Japan.

"Ahhh… this is great!" she said in the hot springs, with Japanese macaques along with her. "Would you mind telling me, Shinobi, why you are here?"

"My apologies, ma’am, but I was ordered to tell you that the Ogre has asked for your location," said Gaia.

"Oh, does he seek a battle?"

"Most likely, ma’am... Um, do you—"

"If he wants to fight, tell him where I am... I’m leaving soon, anyway."

"V-very well."

Gaia takes his leave while Ai continues to enjoy her bath.

She gets out, goes back in, and eats the finest food money could buy.

"Ha, this would be very romantic with you, Cirrus... I am going to spend so much time with you and Art."

She eats till she is full and then checks all of her stuff from her travels.

"Hmm... everything is in order—my notes, souvenirs, blueprints for stuff, and even books! Yes! I even have pictures saved on my phone! These have been fun days, but... it has to come to an end."

She puts everything neatly together in a large bag and goes to sleep.

 

The next day, she wakes up and eats a filling breakfast. She then gets herself ready in her gear. Fully cleaned and straightened, she leaves the inn and walks out with her bags.

"Thank you for the hospitality!" she said, bowing, the bag of stuff almost hitting the innkeepers.

"Not at all! To think we would host one such as yourself! Have a safe trip." The lady bowed as well.

"Thank you once again." Ai stands up straight and leaves.

She walks through the streets without her special coat. The public got to see the full beauty of Ai. Many were easily enamored by her, both male and female. Not caring for the fox ears on her head.

"*Come on, man! Quit your job and join us! The Japanese business world will be ours!" said a drunken man, speaking in English.

Around him were others drunk as well, but under his arm was a man with brown hair and eyes, a height of 5’10.

"*I don’t know, man, a starter up with any of us barely able to understand Japanese, let alone—"

"*Don’t worry!! We have you! You majored in—whoa there, who is the cutie!" he said, looking at Ai.

They all stared at her, and she looked back at them.

"?" for whatever reason, the man under the drunkard's arms felt familiar yet so foreign.

‘He has a scent so familiar yet so foreign. Hm. It reminds me a bit of Cirrus. No matter. I am returning home soon.'

She kept walking. The two men walk away as well.

She got on her bike and rode into the wilderness of Nakano.

Once she reached a clearing, she got off and simply sat down and meditated. She then let out some killing intent while she waited.

"You should be coming to find me, Yujiro."

 

Two hours later.

"You are not the one I am waiting for." She opens her eyes to see Baki and Strydum.

"Sorry, but I wanted to see you fight my old man. Also, are you into cosplay?" Baki said, looking at Ai's ears and tail.

"I’m not. These are my ears, and this is my tail." She wags her tail and moves her ears around, pointing in different directions. "I am not a human. In the literal sense, my species are called Renard’s, a demi-human."

"S-so you really aren’t human!?" Both he and Strydum said.

"T-then are there more like you where you are from? And how did you get here!" Strydum asked.

"All questions I gave answers to Lord Tokugawa, and in 9 hours I will be gone, hopefully back to my world."

"So... how did you enjoy this world?" Baki asked.

"It was lovely except for the pollution in the air, constant bickering, and hatred aimed at everyone for different values and skin color... It’s honestly so saddening to see it."

"Is it different from where you are from?" Baki asked, sitting down.

"It is... in my world, all of humanity came together to fight back the monsters that savagely hunted their ancestors. We had people who would fight against them, throwing their lives away for their kind and fame. Can you imagine it? Weaker people than you taking up arms and fighting monsters five times your size or hordes of fire-breathing wolves."

Baki was sweating a bit. He was both fearful and excited about that prospect. He thought about how he would fare and the level of strength he could garner.

"I can see why your sword style is suited for stronger beings than us humans, right?"

"More or less, I forged my sword style during a very dark period of Orario, the center of the world that functions as the lid over the hole where the monsters are born. In that time, evil ran rampant, stealing, killing, slave trafficking, rape, assassinations, everything you could think of they did. So my sword style is made in a way for me so that I can easily kill another or, through it, subdue them. There is so much to love and hate about this world; it’s too much to take in. Lucky for me, I am hopefully leaving soon. Oh?" Ai could feel his bloodlust coming closer. "It seems your father is approaching."

Baki turns around, and he can feel the presence of his father. He was radiating so much hatred, thirst for blood, and joy.

"This the most angry I have ever witnessed from you father." Strydum said. "He must be a good few miles from here."

"He must be at least 3 to 6 kilometers away!" Baki said.

"He is certainly something." Ai said.

 

After a few minutes, the Ogre appeared, and his muscles seemed to be even more refined and bursting at the seams. Steam came off him as if he was fresh out of a sauna.

"So I was right. You were a woman." His eyes were like hot coal, burning a hole through Ai.

"It seems you have been training. I must say, of everyone I’ve met, your physique is the most inhuman."

‘That’s saying something, considering she isn’t even human.’ Thought Baki.

The aura around Yujiro changed, and a malicious, battle-hungry aura filled the area that somehow made him even more viscous-looking.

"I wanna see how strong you really are!!" He shouted as he got into his stance and raised his arms, causing his shirt to rip apart.

"H-he’s going all out already!!" said Strydum.

"Then hold out as much as you can, Ogre." Ai stands up and gets into her Iaijutsu stance, and a foreboding feeling overpowers the aura Yujiro was putting out. "I will show you my greatest card! (Rage. Eighty-thousand men cannot quench my thirst. 

Two arrows pierce my ribs and throat, one swing of the blade.

Today I will live, tomorrow I will not lose my life.

I shall save myself, lament. Tamamo no Mae) [Yonbi Kōgō]!!!!!!!"

A blood-red aura covered her from a magic circle under her. The bloody color dyed her, even growing out her hair a bit and creating three more tails.

"Hehe-hahahahaha!!!!!!" Yujiro was smiling from ear to ear. "Yes!!! The strongest creature!!! Come!!! Fight me!!!!!"

The air was filled with bloodlust; the space warped horribly from these two fighters.

"Flash Style: One Slash, Red Line."

As she made her move, she was gone in the blink of an eye.

"!?"

Yujiro’s body moved before he knew it. He jumped back, feeling weaker.

Spurt!!!!

"Eh?" He falls to his knees with blood bursting from his body, head to toe.

"I am far above what a normal human could manage. Clink!" she sheathed her sword as her appearance returned to normal, she appeared behind him. "I have cut you 62 times all across your body." She turns and walks to her bags past Yujiro. "It seems you haven’t fought against someone stronger than you in a long time, huh?"

"…" He remained silent as anger and blood swept over him. With all the training he did to just fight her again, this was all he could manage.

He felt joy at the defeat, to his surprise, but now a wrathful, envious fire lit inside him to grow stronger.

"Well, now, you’re not the strongest. Maybe this would teach you humility at least."

"Next time..." he said softly, his words packed with anger. "I will kill you." He straightened his back and lost consciousness; he does not wish to fall to the earth.

"Hm." She smirks. "I look forward to the day we meet again." She picks up her stuff. "Goodbye." She then walks over to the tree line.

Baki and Strydum look at Yujiro, who had suffered his first actual defeat—a brutally fast defeat at that. He had a very complex face, a look of anger, shock, defeat, and joy.

 

While walking through the woods, Ai closes her eyes and sees the time left: .30

"30 minutes, huh? I guess I’ll enjoy a nice stroll."

She walks through nature enjoying it. She felt at peace walking through with no monsters around.

While walking, she could feel her back getting hotter and hotter. A wind wraps around her, bearing the scent of cypress, and hits her while her eyes are closed.

_

__

___

The scent began to change and grow familiar to her, and when she opened her eyes again, she found herself in a forest with cypress trees everywhere.

"This scent…" She takes a deep breath and finds that this is her world. She also found familiar smells. "Cirrus, Art, Haku, Calli!!" She then quickly ran.

Rushing through the trees and arriving at their backyard, Cirrus was sleeping with the kids in his arms.

"Huff! Huff!" Her heavy breathing woke Cirrus up.

"Hmm? Ai? Did you get the groceries?" He looks up to see her carrying a large bag. "… How much did you buy?"

"U-um… it’s a long story!" She said this with a big smile on her face and tears running down her face.

"Well I have time, so why don't you go and put your stuff away and we can talk about it." Cirrus wanted to know what made her cry from joy.

"Hm! I'll be right back!"

Ai rushed past Cirrus, wiping the tears from her face, but while she was behind him she stopped.

"Oh and take a look at this! I bet you couldn't figure it out!" Ai pulled out a smartphone from her pocket and dangled it in front of Cirrus.

"!?"

Ai couldn't see his shocked expression.

"... What is this?" He slowly grabbed it retaining a calm demeanor.

"It's called a smartphone! I'll show you how it works after I put everything back!"

She then briskly leaves.

"... Why does she have this?" he said under his breath.

Holding the phone brought up nostalgia in Cirrus. The texture of the plastic and the feeling of holding this rectangle-shaped device conjured up a lot of feelings and emotions he longed forgotten.

He pressed the power button on the side, and the screen lit up to a default wallpaper. He swiped the screen, and a quick transition later, he was at the home screen. He went through the phone to see English letters, apps, and even names. He went to the gallery to find pictures of his old world, cities, landmarks, and vehicles.

Cirrus had to really calm himself from this and he only had one thought.

'... How the fuck did she go there!?'

 

Somewhere in Hóngsè.

"What should we name him?" said a mother.

"Let’s name him Eishuu Retsu." said the father. "What do you think, Lady Chang’e?"

The moon goddess looks at the dark-skinned child as he opens his eyes and sees a fire in them, one of such profound resolve that she quickly takes to him.

"How about… Hou Retsu… Yes, he holds the strength to be a hero!!"

 

One month later, in Yamato, Fuyukusa orphanage, Tsukiyo.

"Another one, huh?" Tsukuyomi said, bending down and picking up a baby left at the doorstep. "At least your parents gave you a name. Let’s see… Musashi? A strong name for a girl? Is that surname or given name? Hm." She shrugs.

Musashi opened her eyes to be a bold red. She reached out her hands and held Tsukuyomi’s finger.

"A tight grip, huh?" A smile grows on her face. "It seems you’re going to grow up to be a fine fighter!"

8