004. Magic
52 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

::: The World has three major Empire The demons humans and elves in the records of the past it was said that the world was so big you could not travel the world in one month however, now it is only thought that was because in the past the traveling technology was worse than now. ::: 

I've seen those eyes before the eyes of someone who would do everything to become stronger.

After that Father told her something which she nodded with excitement.

She took a stance, closed her eyes, and took a deep breath.

When she opened her eyes fire coated the tip of the spear, dancing as if representing the heartbeat of my sister, it was fast and chaotic as if to indicate her excitement, but eventually calmed down and took a rhythm.

She then thrust it forward at first the fire fell behind by a moment however at the end of my sister's motion slowly dissipated when it reached its destination. 

"See that magic? you will be able to do what your sister does when you grow up as well or even better!"  Mother told me with excitement however I was still silent, for some reason I was terrified and excited at the same time.

"Magic"? It feels like I've seen this somewhere before but at the same time it's completely new to me, I don't think we had magic where I was from.

Seeing that I gave no response to her mother's expression turned a little grim.

I V A V I 

The night eventually came and I was put on my bed to sleep but I couldn't sleep after witnessing what my sister had done.

I was pondering what was magic? was it a force of nature or was it some individual power?

But she said "You could do that as well" meaning that everyone could do it, but maybe its a genetic? which means it's possible I don't have it

I brought my hand up in the air as if trying to grasp the magic power, my heart was racing I felt something starting to gather, but then...

Fear started to gather in my heart, perhaps trauma from my past life, so I obediently brought my hand down and curled in my crib, shedding a silent tear. 

I stared at the door for a long time, long enough for the door to move, or so I thought but it was my mother who slowly opened the door slowly and slowly entered quietly so as to not wake me up but since I was awake I sat up after seeing her enter the room.

"oh did I wake you up my dear?"  she slowly walked towards me resting her head on the crib gently looking at me and forming a gentle smile.

I didn't respond in any way, I still didn't know how was I supposed to act. 

I didn't know that it would sadden her.

When I saw her tear up I panicked a little -Did I do something wrong? Was I a bad girl? is she having second thoughts about having a child and a second one at that? DID SHE FORGET TO TURN OFF THE OVEN? do they even have one?- all those thoughts quickly raced through my head.  

I didn't know what was going on so I tried to stand up which I failed at first, when she saw me try and stand up she held her breath as if a miracle was about to happen.

After a few failures, I finally managed to stand up and slowly walked up to her, I wanted to pat her head but my hand couldn't reach it so i settled with touching her nose.

"Ahhhhhhhhhh!" she screamed shaking me from my very core to the point I could feel like my soul was leaving my body.

Father stormed into the room with axe in hand ready to chop anything or anyone, and my sister ran behind him taking a peak from his massive body.

"she walked...."  with a shaky voice and almost teary eyes.

"????" both fathers who looked nervous jumped up in joy while my sister was confused as to why are they acting up so much just like me, until.... I realized that children don't stand up on the second day of their birth. 

"I think our daughter is a genius!" she said with excitement.

I might have made myself look like a genius, which will raise the expectations which is not good for my future.

I A V A I 

After a while, I overheard my parents -well actually my mother since I still can't understand the rest of them-  talking about me.

"I think she can't receive manas, I- I don't know how long she can last with the small amount of mana she gets from my milks." 

Then Father said something.
"NO, I'm putting a lot of mana into my words so that she could understand them, but she's not even showing any signs of understanding, I'm worried she's going to mutate into... Into a monster."

after hearing such words I panicked at first but then I planned to act like I understood and then start talking in a few years. 

"My dear child.. are you okay?" Mother however came above me without me noticing and catching me off guard

"MAMA?" and so Advanced the time I was going to talk by a few years no biggie. Right? 

1