Chapter 11: A Dishevelled World
9 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lillian woke up early in the morning and found that Samantha had already made breakfast for them. She thanked her for everything she had done and then shared her decision to leave the village. Samantha looked surprised and concerned, "Are you sure it's safe for you to travel alone with the kids?"
Lillian replied, "I have to do this. I cannot stay here and wait for another attack. I don't know where to go, but I have money and I will keep my eyes open for any place where we can be safe."
Samantha nodded understandingly and offered to help Lillian pack. As they were packing, Lillian asked for one last favour from Samantha. "Please, tell Aiden that we are safe and I am going somewhere safe. Please assure him that we are okay."
Samantha promised to do so and also offered to write a letter to Aiden if Lillian wanted. Lillian gratefully accepted the offer and quickly jotted down a note for Aiden. She apologized for being weak and not being able to protect the children. She also wrote that she knew Aurelian was alive and begged Aiden to find her son.
As Lillian finished writing the letter, Valentina and Theodore came running into the room. Lillian hugged them tight and told them they were going to visit their uncle. "Uncle Thomas?" asked Valentina surprised. "Yes, sweetie. We are going to Uncle Thomas' house," replied Lillian, smiling at her daughter.
As they were about to leave, Samantha handed Lillian a small bag of food for the journey. "Thank you so much for everything, Samantha." said Lillian, hugging Samantha.
Samantha hugged her back and whispered, "Take care, Moth - Aunty. I will pray for your safety and for the return of your Aurelian."
Lillian and her children left Samantha's house and began their journey towards her brother's house. The road was long and tiring, but Lillian was determined to keep her children safe. She had been running from the family , running from the politics , but it eventually got to her and her kids. She knew her brother would be angry with her for running away 8 years ago, but she hoped he would understand why she had to come to him for help.
Back in Demos …
As Aiden walked through the halls of the Royal Academy, he could not shake off the feeling of unease that had settled in the pit of his stomach. He had just left Nathanielle there, and even though he knew it was for the best, he still missed his child terribly. He missed all of his children, and his wife too. He longed to go back home, to be with his family and make sure they were all safe and sound.
When he finally arrived home, however, his worst fears were realized. The door had been ripped off its hinges, and the inside of his home was in complete disarray. It was clear that there had been a battle here, and Aiden's heart sank as he realized that his family had been attacked.
Before he could even begin to process what had happened, a little girl approached him, her big brown eyes looking up at him with concern. She handed him a letter, and Aiden took it from her trembling hands. He recognized the handwriting immediately - it was his wife's.
The letter read :
Dear Aiden,
I hope this letter finds you well. I know that you must be missing us terribly, and I wish that we could be together right now. But something terrible has happened, and I had to make a difficult decision.
Our home was attacked by some intruders along with Bloodhound, and Aurelian was kidnapped. I do not know who did this, or why, but I fear for the safety of our children. I know that you would do anything to protect them, but I could not bear the thought of something happening to them.
That is why I have gone back to my family. I know, I know that might not accept me. But I believe that it is the only way to ensure our safety. I hope that you can forgive me for being weak, and that you will understand why I had to do this.
Please, Aiden, find our Aurelian. Bring him back to us, so that we can be a family again. I know that you are strong, and that you will not let us down.
With all my love, Lillian.
Aiden's hands shook as he read the letter, his heart heavy with despair. He could not believe that this had happened, that his family had been torn apart like this. But he knew he had to be strong, for the sake of his children.
"I won't let you down, Lillian," he whispered to himself, clutching the letter tightly. "I'll find our son, and I'll bring Aurelian family back together again."
He took a deep breath and steeled himself, preparing to face whatever challenges lay ahead. He knew that it would not be easy, but he was determined to do whatever it takes to bring his family back together again.
Somewhere in the City of Hershava
A woman shoved Aurelian roughly into the room, causing him to stumble and nearly fall. He looked around, trying to take in his surroundings, but his attention was quickly drawn back to the woman as she spoke in a sneering voice.
"Here's the freak you wanted, my lord. Four arms, just like I promised. Bet you've never seen anything like him before." She grabbed one of Aurelian's arms and held it up, forcing him to show off his unusual body.
Alexander Arthur Edmund Greyson, a tall man with piercing blue eyes and neatly trimmed black hair, glanced up from his papers and gave Aurelian a cursory once-over. "Yes, yes, very interesting," he said dismissively. "But I'm afraid I don't have time for this sort of thing."
The woman's face twisted in anger at the noble's disregard. "What do you mean? I brought you exactly what you asked for!"
The noble stood up and walked over to Aurelian, ignoring the woman's protests. He examined Aurelian's arms closely, running his fingers over the smooth skin and flexing the muscles experimentally. "Remarkable," he murmured to himself.
He turned to the butler, a thin man with slicked-back grey hair and a haughty expression. "Fetch me my purse, Morton."
Morton scurried out of the room, returning moments later with a small leather bag. The noble reached inside and pulled out a handful of gold coins, tossing them carelessly to the woman. "Take your payment and leave us, woman. You've served your purpose."
The woman glared at the noble for a moment before snatching up the coins and storming out of the room, slamming the door behind her.
The noble turned back to Aurelian, a strange glint in his eye. "You're quite a specimen, aren't you? I can't wait to see what else you're capable of."
He examines Aurelian with a critical eye, silently assessing him "Hmm," he mutters under his breath, his attention clearly caught by something.
Morton, his butler, stands stoically by his side, ready to execute any command given by his master. Greyson turns to him and gestures towards Aurelian. "Free him from his shackles, Morton."
The butler nods and steps forward, pulling out a key from his pocket and unlocking Aurelian's restraints. Aurelian wastes no time and delivers a swift kick to Morton's groin, causing him to double over in pain.
Before Aurelian can make a run for it, a shield made up of aura surrounds him, preventing him from escaping. "Not so fast, young one," Greyson says with a slight smile.
Aurelian growls in frustration and picks up a nearby lamp stand, preparing to throw it at Greyson. Morton, however, has recovered from the kick and rushes to protect his master. "You little brat! How dare you!"
Aurelian hurls the lamp stand at Greyson, but Morton manages to deflect it with his own shield made of aura. "You'll pay for that, boy!" he snarls, lunging towards Aurelian.
Greyson watches the scene unfold with a mixture of amusement and curiosity, wondering what other surprises this young boy might have in store. "Enough, Morton," he says, holding up a hand to stop the butler. "Let's see what he's capable of."
Aurelian glares at Greyson, his four arms twitching with impatience. "What do you want from me?" he demands.
As he was trying to talk with Alexander , suddenly the Butler attacks him. Aurelian is caught off guard, barely able to dodge the first few punches. He takes a step back and assesses his opponent, looking for any openings. Morton, however, is quick and agile, landing blow after blow on Aurelian's body.
Aurelian grunts in pain as he tries to defend himself, his four arms flailing wildly. But Morton is relentless, his attacks coming from all sides. Aurelian's vision blurs as he takes another hit, stumbling backwards.
Greyson watches the fight with interest, his arms folded across his chest. "Come on, boy," he calls out. "Show us what you're made of."
Aurelian grits his teeth, determination filling him. He ducks under a punch and lands a powerful blow to Morton's stomach, sending him staggering back.
Morton recovers quickly, his expression hardening. He charges at Aurelian, grabbing him by the shoulders and slamming him against the wall. Aurelian grunts as the air is knocked out of him, but he refuses to give up.
He uses his four arms to push Morton away, and then takes a moment to catch his breath. His body aches, but he knows he cannot afford to show any weakness.
Morton rushes at him again, but this time Aurelian is ready. He ducks under a punch, then lands a flurry of blows on Morton's chest and face. Morton stumbles backwards, dazed.
Greyson watches the fight with a keen eye. He sees Aurelian's potential and wants to push him to his limits. "Keep going," he urges. "Don't stop now."
Morton hesitates for a moment, looking to Alexander for permission to go harder , naturally he has been holding back. Alexander gives him a brief nod, a mocking smile playing at the corners of his lips , as if mocking Morton for struggling against a 5-year-old. Although mocked, Morton takes that as his cue and charges back into the fight with renewed vigour.
His attacks become swifter, more precise, and more lethal. Aurelian struggles to keep up, his four arms flailing as he tries to defend himself. Morton lands several blows to Aurelian's chest, making him stagger backwards.
Greyson watches the fight intently, a small smile playing at his lips. He knows that this is what he had been waiting for - to see Aurelian pushed to his limits.
Aurelian tries to counterattack, but Morton is too fast. He dodges Aurelian's blows with ease, and lands a powerful punch to Aurelian's stomach, making him double over in pain. Aurelian struggles to catch his breath as Morton delivers a series of swift jabs to his face.
Despite his injuries, Aurelian refuses to give up. He gathers all his strength for one final push. With a fierce determination in his eyes, he charges at Morton, his four arms flailing wildly.
But Morton is ready for him. He dodges Aurelian's attacks with ease, and lands a powerful blow to Aurelian's head. Aurelian stumbles backwards, dazed, before collapsing to the ground.

Which Character you want me to follow for the next Chapter ?
  • Lillian Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aiden , as he embarks on a journey to find Aurellian Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nathanielle , as he makes new friends and settles in the academy. Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aurelian , as he meets tries pass a survival test Votes: 0 0.0%
Total voters: 0 · This poll was closed on May 9, 2023 09:01 PM.
0