85
47 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Eighty Five

L O V E A N D H A T E

PART TWO

 

‘So I’m actually dead.’

Osiris sat in a black room on a log.

There was a campfire going, soft wallows of orange flames danced around the ashes piled in the center.

It was quiet.

‘So you died.’

A very familiar woman walked from the darkness and sat across from him. It was his mother.

‘Looks like it.’

‘You’ve done an excellent job, Adam.’

Osiris looked down. It was Adam’s body.

‘When Osiris overdosed I tried to do an equal exchange, but his ego had been shattered.”

Kina kept his gaze.

‘Neither Lux nor Nox would take me. Lux had already given up on you.’

She looked angry.

Waves of mana radiated from her as she looked at him with so much anger at something she cannot touch.

‘So I prayed to mana.’

The air lightened and she looked at him with love.

‘She answered me.

Osiris watched the tall woman stand and move to sit beside him.

‘I was allowed to choose one single soul. They had to have died when my son died.’

She smiled into the fire.

‘Out of all the souls I searched, you were the loudest. You were raging and screaming so much I thought you were still alive.’

She laughed.

‘Osiris was a soft boy, always has been. I needed someone who could take care of him the way I wouldn’t be able to.’

She bumped his shoulder.

‘The Queen mixed in high grade healing potions that are toxic to children. She knew you had a habit of sniffing them out, and Mikael left them in our bathroom cabinets.’

He could see she was pissed at his father. He felt his chest loosen a little bit.

‘Dragons believe that it is the body that carries the will of our people. An ego can break and be remade, a body cannot. I had to save you. You were my legacy. I refused to let that bitter old woman win.

Adam believed her.

She moved her hand closer to his.

‘I got to see a bit of your life. The world you came from is different than anything I’ve ever seen.’

Adam felt his heart fill with longing.

‘You had a hard life.’

He did.

‘But you did a good job with what you had.’

Adam felt his eyes water.

‘I did do my best.’

‘You did.’

Adam looked away.

‘It might not mean much, but if I would have survived I would have loved you so much. I do love you, despite what you may think.’

Adam glanced at her.

‘I accepted you fully the day I chose you. No matter what you did with that body, you were my son.’

Adam looked back at the fire. His eyes stung.

‘I don’t care if you like men, women, dogs, or cats. I don’t care if you kill your father or the Kingdom or even the entire Dragonic race. All I care about is that you survive. That is the only thing that matters to me. You don’t have to have kids-’ Adam started to cry. ‘You don’t have to marry. You don’t have to do anything you don’t want to. And I’ll still love you regardless.

She held his hand.

‘Your legacy is mine, good or bad.’

Adam sobbed. Kina started to rub his back.

‘But it looks like our time is almost up.’

Adam startled and looked at her. She was turning clear.

‘Make sure you eat and stop being so mean to yourself!’

‘I’ll try.’

‘You must kill my brother immediately the next time you see him.’

‘I will.’

‘Do not play with him, kill him. And when you have time, make sure to wipe my brother’s lienage off this fucking planet. I can’t believe how bad he got after I left.’

‘Already on it.’

She hugged him.

‘I wish I could see you alive just once.’

‘Maybe in another life.’

She laughed bitterly.

‘Oh sweetheart, this is it for me. My deal with mana is complete.’ She was almost clear. ‘I will return to the earth and my ego will shatter. You will face the same fate when you die.’

Adam fell through her hold.

‘So live.’

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
..
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Dain felt his veins scream at him to stop, but he couldn’t. Seth was in the middle of a breakdown and the Dragon looks to have finally realized the gravity of the situation. She was shaking like a leaf.

She’s as good as dead after this.

He didn’t have it in him to tell her to run. It wouldn’t matter-

“Let me try and help PLEASE!”

The Dragon jumped in his face, slit her wrist and poured buckets of blood into his mouth.

Dain just let her.

He was already too far gone. Dragon blood makes an excellent healing agent, but only if the person is still alive. Only other dragon born can-

 

His chest healed within a second.

 

Dain and the dragon both startled and fell back on their asses as the ground began to vibrate.

Dain felt his entire body light up in realization and panic. He pushed Osiris away like he was toxic. Dain grabbed Seth’s face and slapped him.

“PUT EVERY BARRIER YOU HAVE OVER HIM NOW!”

Dain started to triple cast.

“Fuck, fuck, fuck, FASTER SETH!”

The man finally put his ass behind it.

He’s only experienced this once and that was when his brother awakened as a MONARCH.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

A laugh coated in static filled the stagnant car air.

Silence.

“Anyways, I have so much to tell you!”

The man rolled his eyes.

A squeal.

“They just dropped his ENTIRE backstory, even what they glossed over, AND you will not believe what his mom actually is! Not to mention the new introduction of the Monarchs! There are twelve, and Osiris just became the thirteenth!!”

The semi hit-

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

“What’s happening?!”

Halia was back with the Nox children trembling as an earthquake started to boom.

It shook the dust off the furniture, coating the room in a brown and gray haze. Halia shook.

Nan is going to kill me. She told me to never lend out my blood, but I killed the Nox’s MATE I'M AN IDIOT AND UNCLE IS AN IDIOT! WHEN NAN FINDS OUT-

 

Horus nor Masika knew what was happening, and everyone but the doctor lost.

He looks terrified.

Horus tried to stand but the ground dipped and he fell right back on his ass. Thousands upon thousands of barriers were placed over Osiris and Dain still looked horrified. Horus started to add his own.

Dain shot him a silent thank you and Horus motion for his sister to join. The dragon noticed and started to do it too.

 

Seth’s hands shook as he tried to add more barriers.

Osiris was alive, but their bond was gone. His hands trembled with grief and relief.

The world flashed orange and everyone was shot across the room as a resounding boom erupted.

The douse of mana peaked and shot straight up and through the castle, all the way up into the clouds.

They parted and left a giant circle in the sky.

Seth and Dain were the only two still conscious after the smoke began to clear.

 

Sleeping like an angel was Osiris, who started to snore.

 

Seth had his head in his arms as he wept.

I just got you back and you go off and die?!

Dain’s hand was on his shoulder.

“We need to talk.”

.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Osiris blinked.

A familiar roof and chandelier started back at him. Osiris sat up. Seth was beside him in his human form looking worse for wear, but happy.

Osiris looked at his chest.

His scars were gone.

He looked at his feet.

They weren’t leaking anymore.

He looked at his hands.

He couldn’t see mana anymore.

A part of him started to panic but when he thought about using them it all came back.

“..”

He turned it off and just sat there.

His mind was quiet.

The raging noise he’s heard since waking up in this hell hole was gone. He thought about the Queen. He got dizzy from his own anger.

“..”

It was almost as if someone grabbed a wire brush and scrubbed his insides clean. Suddenly Seth’s scent had his mouth watering.

“Osiris?”

A deep, gut wrenching lust filled his entire being with want. He attacked Seth in a kiss.

 

Seth was very tired.

Dain kept him up for three straight days until he felt like Seth knew enough before he left him alone with the man. Our bond….. Seth was still hurt that it disappeared in the first place.

He felt Osiris sit up.

His mind must have been more tired than he thought because it took Osiris attacking him with his mouth to wake him up. Osiris started to aggressively push him back and down, fucking his mouth with his tongue as he, quiet easily, over powered him and straddled him.

His eyes were dark with lust.

He shivered.

“Our bond is missing.”

Osiris’s voice now carried weight.

“I don’t like that.”

Seth was biting him back the moment he felt teeth touch his skin. His hands were like iron as they gripped him as a growl reverberated through his chest and into his own. He bit harder.

Seth shivered and met him par for par.

“Harder.”

Seth obeyed and ended up taking a chunck of flesh with him. Osiris grabbed his jaw and forced his mouth shut, before using a hand to cover his nose.

“Swallow.”

Seth watched those eyes follow his throat as he let the flesh slip down his neck. Osiris’s eyes turned into slits.

“You love me right?”

Seth felt the bond snap in place and felt his ego be consumed by Osiris’s lust.

Seth nodded. He couldn’t talk.

Osiris started to kiss him.

 

Osiris felt his stomach flutter as Seth laid back for him.

So this is their bond?

Osiris felt a little ball of energy right beneath his now lobbed- his neck was healed.

Osiris felt something that wasn’t his, a feeling. He looked at Seth. His cheeks were flushed. Osiris felt the base of his spine tingle.

It’s become a tether.

His face split into a grin.

 

Seth has felt Osiris’s lust before, but after his awakening it was so potent he was drunk off of it.

“Open.”

Osiris started to fuck his mouth, almost dislocating his jaw. He kept his eyes on him as he held his hair with a tight fist. Sometimes, when Seth was fucking him, he would fight for dominance.

Osiris pulled out and came on his face.

“Beautiful.”

Osiris easily bent his head back and kissed him.

 

Seth’s body wasn’t as sensitive as his.

Osiris tried playing with his nibbles again. He just lazily smiled at him and let him play with his body. He was as hard as a rock. Osiris tried his hips. Nothing.

So he tried his dick.

It gave him pleasant little pulses that Seth was enjoying it. He was enjoying all of it, but Osiris wanted him to beg today. He was going to make sure this man NEVER thinks about another person until the day he dies.

Osiris gave him a bit of head as he tried his inner thighs. A bit of a reaction, but not much.

So his hot spots are just his dick?

Osiris was a little sad about it. He used to be the same back on Earth, so he gets the struggle. Osiris was busy deep throating him when his slid a hand around his balls. That got Seth lighting up like a Christmas tree.

Interesting.

He let a finger ghost his ass.

A better reaction.

Osiris felt his own dick jump a few times across his stomach. I’m just glad it’s working again. Osiris grabbed the man’s ass and motioned him to fuck his mouth. He started with small, soft thrusts.

I need lube.

Osiris tried to think.

Seth tapped his shoulder and he looked up. Seth enjoyed the view quite a bit and sped up his thrusts. Seth snapped and handed him a bottle.

Osiris got dizzy as he ripped it from his hands and started to douse his fingers with it.

It didn’t smell like anything.

Osiris went back to playing with his balls as he played with the rim. At first, Seth wasn’t too sure how to feel about it. He made a few uncomfortable faces, but when Osiris managed to get knuckle deep his body suddenly jolted.

Osiris smiled.

So he’s an ass man.

Sometimes men don’t have a lot of hot spots.

But the ones they do have-

Seth reached down and grabbed his hair and tensed. Osiris looked up. He was blushing and looking a bit scared.

Osiris started to hum and stroke him harder.

His thighs twitched.

He said he would try anything.

Osiris gasped as he pulled off Seth's dick for some air. He kept his fingers busy as Seth held onto the bed.

 

It was something he never thought about doing.

Seth felt his face move against his will. Osiris was pulling reactions out of him like they were nothing.

Seth felt his dick twitch as he brushed against a bundle of nerves. It was a bit unnerving, but Osiris was overflowing with so much joy that his anxiety didn’t really matter all that much.

He was even happier than when he fucked him.

Seth wanted to laugh.

If this makes him happy.

He doesn’t mind taking turns.

.
.

Osiris had his arms wrapped around one of those beautiful legs as he fucked him into the mattress.

It’s almost like he weighs nothing.

Whatever happened before he woke up has turned him into something inhuman.

Seth grit his teeth and closed his eyes as Osiris pounded on his prostate. His fully popped knot continued to cum between them, pulsing painfully as Osiris pushed it to cum more.

Seth wasn’t vocal, but their bond told Osiris he loved this. It was scary and new, but Seth was willing.

“Still cuming?”

Squirt.

Osiris laughed and folded Seth in half, hips working harder to please him.

This is the best day of my life.

Seth was everything he wanted. He didn’t care if he screamed in bed or flailed around, he just wanted to see that lovely face of his move.

The best faces are the ones racked in fear and pleasure. Like now, Osiris could feel him about to cum.

His poor knot couldn’t produce any more for them, but he was still going to try and make it.

Osiris grabbed some and licked it off his hands before smearing it across his chest.

Seth dick jumped happily for him.

Right, breeding. He likes breeding.

“Want me to fill you with my seed?”

His dick jumped and his hands grabbed his hands around his leg as he reached for him desperately. He was squeezing him tightly, but it felt like a plastic, dollar store clip against his arms.

“We’d make beautiful babies together.”

A twinge of disgust flashed across his mind. Damn that uncle. Osiris grabbed Seth’s hair and pulled him into a kiss. Seth started to fight him for dominance.

Osiris groaned and moaned as Seth’s hands and hips bucked and clawed at his back and neck.

He’s finally using his real strength.

“Want me to fill you up? Breed you?” His breathing was picking up. “I'd knot you if I could.”

Seth clenched around him and Osiris came with a rumbling laugh that lead to a deep moan that shook the bed. Seth’s hand snapped to his mouth and he arched back and came hard.

His legs shook and Osiris fucked him through his orgasm until he felt only tremors left in those legs of his. Osiris pulled out, still very hard, and let his body drop. He had clenched teeth and tight brows, but he was feeling himself.

 

“Fuck.”

Seth couldn’t think.

It was so terrifying not to be in control. But it felt so fucking good. He now gets why Osiris will sometimes pass out after he was done.

Seth finally looked at him and shivered.

“We’re going to have so much fun today.”

..
.

Osiris stood in an empty field at three a.m. dressed in casual clothes and feeling like a bag of chips twirling in an alleyway.

He felt good.

Seth was completely gone.

Nothing he did or said woke the man up, so he finished in him and came to test out this new body of his.

Osiris started with some stretches.

It’s like I’m Adam again.

His body felt whole, like the last piece of the puzzle finally fell into place. Osiris breathed in deep and released. Pieces of fire came with his steam.

“..”

He started with his feet.

He didn’t have to do anything and they lit up like a train rolling through the fog. He dimmed it and they became his usual fire feet.

“So that’s the same.”

He looked at his body and there wasn’t any damage forming, so he didn’t need his aura anymore.

He felt around his hearts.

“Twelve?!”

He startled hard and started tapping and pushing his clothes around as he spun in place.

“Twelve?! How the fuck?!”

He stopped.

 

“I’m already stronger than the dragons.”

 

Pride rolled through him, knocking him on his ass.

“..”

So stronger emotions and power.

He touched his neck. Seth was still asleep.

And a bond.

Osiris tried his eyes.

Now both can see mana and in the dark. He was no longer blind just in one. He turned only the night vision off. He was too comfortable with mana to simply ignore it. The ground dipped for him, causing the walls to shake.

“..”

Osiris looked at his hands.

His wrists have been a bit sore, oddly. He though he strained them while fucking Seth against a wall, but clearly that wasn’t the case.

He pushed.

Orange, hot mana started to fall from his hands.

“..”

Osiris’s face lit up like the sun.

“I can mold mana now?” He cupped it. “I can mold mana now!”

The possibilities he imagined started to roll across his mind in waves. So many things to try, he didn't pay attention in school, but-

Osiris tried putting the same principle he had with his feet mana and mixed it with sculpting. He created a little square.

Osiris watched its eye slowly open before it jumped and started to spaz out around his hands.

It was excited to see him.

Osiris watched it jump to the ground, run to some bushes, then come back. It crawled up his body and jumped back onto his hand.

Its eye opened wide and became a little TV monitor. It reminded him of the old box ones that you could buy and travel with. It even had a grainy display.

It played a small clip of a lizard running for its life.

“..”

Did the lizard see his mana?

Osiris has watched Bishop plenty of times to know that this is not how the spell works. It will record, then, when the spell dies, it will pop a little display for them to see a short clip or audio. But they were triangle..

I did make it with a tv in mind.

Osiris waited for the spell to vanish but it didn’t. Instead it popped on his shoulders and sat.

“Cute.”

He petted it.

He felt the familiar steps of Dain start to head this way. Osiris picked up the spell and crushed it.

It returned to the soil.

 

“So you’re awake.”

“I am.”

Dain could feel the difference in his power since awakening. He jumped from an eight to a twelve ring mage overnight. We managed to mask a lot of his growth, so the other Monarchs should think he’s a ten.

“What do you remember.”

Osiris stretched and turned to him.

He looked stable.

There was no madness, no hate, no anger, or love. He was normal.

“A dragon showed up and I attacked it. I’m pretty sure I died because I met my mother.”

“You did die. She took your entire chest.”

“Where are they now?”

Dain cringed.

“She left right after you awakened. I’m sure she’s told her Queen by now.”

“It’s fine. I know where they live.”

Dain felt his neck tighten with unease.

Osiris was still the weakest of the Monarchs, maybe not in power, but in experience. He lacked decades of knowledge, and the Dragon Queen was one of them.

If he goes now..

“So what happened?”

Dain sighed and crossed his arms.

“The Dragon gave you her blood.”

Osiris pinched his brows.

“Then how?”

 

Osiris was told, unfortunately by his uncle, that he would need his mother’s blood to turn.

He tried with Kekoa’s but nothing ever happened.

So it just needed to be female?!

No, then he would have turned a long time ago. He thought about it before his anger overtook him.

Dain’s legs gave and he fell on one knee.

It had to be family.

Osiris calmed himself when he remembered his wife is pregnant.

“I-I’m actually not sure.”

“My mother was a dragon.”

 

Dain’s brows pinched.

Even if she was, only fami-

“So he was literally your uncle.”

“Yeah.”

“Then that dragon- She’s the Queen’s granddaughter.”

Osiris just gave him a look.

“Fuck.”

“Yup.”

Dain rubbed his blank face with his hands, like he was resetting.

“Her blood awakened you as Monarch.”

 

Osiris stopped.

Why does that-

He held his head as his last moments before that semi hit him came rushing back.

“..”

“So I’m still stuck in the plot?”

His hearts thumbed.

This can’t, it shouldn’t-

Osiris kept his anger to himself, completely con caving the ground around him and slowly sinking into the floor with it. He grabbed his head.

“I’m still stuck in this FUCKING-”

He turned to the sky.

“IF I EVER GET THE CHANCE I'M GUTTING YOU BOTH. GODS OR NOT YOU CAN'T KEEP DOING THIS TO ME-”

Osiris cooled his head and let it go.

He’ll deal with them after he deals with the people on this shitty planet. He looked and Dain looked like he was going to run.

“Sorry, I just realized something.”

“I figured.”

The elf sounded small.

 

“My brother is a Monarch.”

Dain prayed the topic change worked.

“So they’re what I felt beyond the tenth tier.”

“Yes, they are the real rulers of the lands. There are twelve, well thirteen now.”

“Is your brother the Elf King?”

Dain frowned but answered.

“Yes.”

Osiris suddenly lightened up and jumped around him.

“So that’s what I felt when I crossed their land! I thought I was dead when he ran at me once!”

“He is very territorial.”

It worked.

“Since you are not only a newly awakened Monarch, but also a Dragon, you’re going to need to relearn a lot of things.”

“Yeah, I realized that after this.”

Dain stood a bit taller to watch.

Osiris created a spell with no incantations.

There was no casting, no words, or even a pause. The spell had at least ten commands on it. He was already better than his brother.

“How did you do that?”

“It’s a funny thing I learned while watching everyone. You people make it so complicated. I just give it a task and it does it.”

He shrugged.

“It’s what I’ve always done.”

Dain looked at the spell. It was solid.

Usually elves and other races can see mana being formed, but it ended there. Dragons can see mana, but they usually can’t materialize it.

Osiris would be the first.

“So you can see it too.” His held his chin. “I thought it would be like everyone else's.”

Dain couldn’t help but agree.

“I guess I can’t do spy things.”

He’s sad about that?

“Why not try making one with that in mind?”

 

Osiris nodded happily at that idea.

He thought of a different spell, something he saw on someone’s shoulder once. It was like an owl.

He learned very quickly that sculpting anything with detail was a no go. The spell fizzled out and collapsed.

“..”

“…”

“Let me try again.”

Does it have to look like that?

Osiris toss the original build idea away and, instead, made a cute little black ball with ears, and a few gold, thick metal markings like wood carvings from a picture frame. One giant eye opened in the middle.

“It worked!” He showed Dain. “Well, the build worked, but, hm. Sit!”

It sat.

“Jump.”

It jumped.

“Hide.”

It vanished, even from him.

He looked at Dain.

“Can you see it?”

 

“No.”

But what the fuck is that?!

It looked like a solid slime ball with two ears, but there were at least thrifty other commands he couldn’t place.

“Cool, it even disappeared for me.”

Osiris tossed it straight into the air.

“Crackle!”

It exploded across the sky like a white, blinding firework. The little ends even made a swirling noise as they zipped across the black sky, creating even more little pops along the way.

It covered the entirety of the Nox Kingdom.

“…”

“I just found out I don’t have to make them look like all of yours.”

“I-I see.”

So he can create spells from scratch?

Dain never heard of a mage able to do it so easily.

“And you’ve never casted a spell before?”

He nodded.

“Cool right?”

“Very.”

 

He was dangerous.

 

Even more than his brother. He was the weakest right now, but for how long?

“So can you tell me a little bit more about Monarchs?”

Dain jumped on the change of topic again.

“First, you should be able to hide yourself a bit better. Try-” He nearly vanished. “You should be able to hide from everyone except to other Monarchs or high level users.”

“Will they know how strong I am?”

“Only when you first awaken. You pretty much told the whole world who you are.”

“So if I get stronger..”

“It depends. My brother might be able to tell, and that is because he is the strongest Monarch alive. Try feeling the area, you should be able to feel them too.”

 

Osiris already felt them when he woke up, but he was busy at the time. It felt like he was combing through the land as he searched.

It was very easy to spot them.

So that’s his brother.

He was stronger.

Way stronger than him.

I have a lot of work to do.

Osiris needed to be the strongest person alive.

He had to.

If this fucking story was going to keep forcing him down a path he refused to follow, he needed to have the power to defy it.

He’s spent way too much time being led by the nose by those gods. Champions. That’s what they’re called. Isabella told him that each god chooses a warrior each ‘round’ and Seth and Osiris were this round’s chosen. For a fucking bet.

They’re probably foaming at the mouth because we’re fucking instead of fighting.

He can’t trust that they won’t fuck with him after this.

“Tell Seth I went for a swim, will you?”

 

And he needs to start now.

 

Dain could do nothing as Osiris ran and cannon balled straight off the cliff. Dain ran to the edge and saw him face plant in the water.

“…”

“I better check on Seth.”

 

“…”

Seth was out like a light. He even slapped him and he didn’t budge. He was covered in marks, bites, and a few bruises, but otherwise fine.

He sighed.

I don’t have to worry about Seth hurting him anymore.

This was probably the worst and best thing to happen for him. Osiris will live, if not longer, than him and Osiris now has a body equally, well, now stronger than Seth’s. Since they’re mated again, this territory just became Osiris’s territory.

And the Lux Kingdom.

Many of the Monarchs will think Osiris is human except for the Dragon Queen, once she realizes.

“…”

“His family is a mess. Even my family isn’t this bad.”

And brother should be bothering me soon.

He’s been after that baby of his since Aella conceived.

“…”

.
.
.

He’s going to need to talk to her again.

1