86
53 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Eighty Six

S W I M M E R : UNDER DA SEA

 

Osiris crafted his own version of scuba gear and dove.

Let’s start with the Orcas.

They were an aggressive breed, but friendly if you fed them. They hunted in Mer waters most of the time, but they are always at battle with the Eldritch.

Maybe they’ll let me fight with them this time.

Now that he should be able to stay underwater, he can fuck around and find out! He used to love scuba diving. He loved seeing all the little fishies, and he would do that here but-

Two orcas came to look.

They looked young.

A powerful wave from a tail made a little vortex around him and spun him in place.

‘A human?’

‘Don’t they taste bad?’

‘I heard they tasted good?’

“Let me fight with you!”

It worked! He can control the weight from showing in his voice. He loved Seth’s voice, but it wasn’t for him. Maybe if he gets mad-

‘Won’t you die?’

‘We can just eat you.’

“Common! We can take down an Eldritch together!”

‘We are old enough.’

‘Mom will worry.’

“You can run if it gets dangerous.”

‘Orcas don’t run.’

‘We don’t.’

“Then you can use me as bait.”

They started to swim. Osiris followed and they took him to a cliff that dropped straight down into black waters.

‘He’s scared.’

‘We should just eat him.’

Osiris turned to them, gave a salute, and let himself fall deeper. He could feel the mana in the water try to crush him.

Glad I waited to come..

He easily worked with it and soon the pressure stopped and he was as fine as a pickle.

‘That’s a lot.’

‘Can we take them all?’

Osiris could feel the Eldritchs just a few feet below him.

There were three and they were adults.

Osiris didn’t bother waiting for the kids, he was sure they’d get spooked once the fight actually started, but just in case he made a little shield in front of them to hide behind.

Not a second layer an Eldritch aimed for them only to collide and bounce off of the shield.

‘He’s strong!’

‘I could have died!’

Osiris’s laugh didn’t carry far in the water, but his vibrations did. He could feel a few adult Orcas rushing this way.

“Don’t let your parents attack me, I might kill them if they do!”

Osiris cackled and started to play.

 

Horus and Masika sat on the edge where Dain said Osiris jumped.

“If he dies…..”

You’re telling dad how.”

Horus glared at his sis.

“No the fuck I’m not.”

“Do you think he’s still alive?”

“Dad isn’t here, so yes.”

“…..”

“…..”

Suddenly something as thick as their entire castle leaped from the water. A familiar, loud, cackle filled the air before it muffled as the thing dove back into the water. Its body was still arching through the surface and a minute had passed.

It was a snake.

“…..”

“…..”

Flashes of orange could be seen below the surface for the next eight hours straight.

.
.

There was a lot of commotion down by the shores this morning. Dave the Fisherman, and everyone in the kingdom, were warned about the Emperor’s mate possibly roaming around, but.

His pipe fell out of his mouth as an Eldritch came fast out of the water and straight towards-

Its giant eye looked at him before it opened its mouth and spat someone out. The body rolled before thumping upside down on a post that says no swimming. It coughed.

“Thanks for the ride!”

He gave a thumbs up and the eye looked at the city before slipping back into the sea. Alarms have already gone off and the city was thrown into chaos.

The body sprung from its hands, walked a bit on them towards him before he flipped and Dave had to look up.

“If Seth asks, I wasn’t here.”

Then the King’s mate left him with pissed pants and a prayer to Nox that he was alive!

.
.

Seth woke up feeling like a new man.

“Hi~”

Osiris was under him with his entire weight on him.

“Good morning.”

“You’ve been asleep since yesterday.”

Seth blinked.

“Really?”

Osiris laughed.

“Yeah, it’s kinda funny.”

“…..”

“Did you-”

Osiris pulled him into a kiss.

.
.

Hina was busy organizing something for her city when she felt it. She paused for a second before continuing her work. Another Monarch was born.

Hina lazily searched the area.

Nox Kingdom? Seth finally awakened, it seems.

She’s been wanting to form bonds before that happened, but her grand- Hina snapped her fingers and a collection of dragon nails circled her.

She found Halia and let her shoulders sag.

So he didn’t kill her.

Sometimes accidents happen when they awaken. She almost caved in the whirlpool when it was her turn.

Luckily my father was there. May he rest in peace.

Hina went back to work. She’ll hear from her-

Speaking of.

She was running here faster than she’s ever seen the girl run. She must have gotten spooked. Hina cleared her office as she waited, preparing some tea for her and setting it at the front of her desk.

She busted in winded and eyes wide with fear.

“Nan I messed up.”

“Sit.”

Halia looked like she wasn’t going to but sat and started to bite her nails.

“Stop that and tell nan-”

“Uncle’s slave awakened.”

Hina raised a brow and sat back.

“That’s all?”

She was still far stronger than the new Monarch. Even if he tried to start a war, she was more than capable of dealing with him herself.

“Nan-”

Hina snapped her fingers for her shadow.

“Bring me everything you have on-” Hina looked at her granddaughter. “What was their name?”

“Osiris Von Lux, he was Uncle's latest gladiator.”

Hina felt pleased her granddaughter was finally calming. Her voice was settling. She drank the tea.

“Yes my Queen.”

“Go rest, we can talk later.”

“But-”

“Run along now, Nan is busy.”

She felt a bit bad, but Halia will feel better after she returns to her mother. Halia left without a fight.

Hina waited for her report, it should be pretty straightforward. Slave turned Monarch. He wouldn’t be the first.

 

Hina looked at the time in her floating clock off by the right wall. A picture of all her children sat beneath it.

I miss you so much.

Kina will always be her biggest regret. She let her run off and marry a human only to die.

She didn’t know what human, or who, but her claw decayed before her very eyes. She sighed with a heavy heart. Hina looked at the clock again.

It’s been six hours.

Not a moment later her shadow came breathless and panicked.

“My Queen-”

Kekoa stormed in after her.

“Why is your shadow poking around my things again.”

Her shadow vanished and Hina motioned him to sit.

“Since you came I might as well ask you.”

Kekoa stood defiantly and waited.

“Show me your last warrior.” Hina finished scribbling her signature and met her son’s eyes. “He just awoke as a Monarch.”

She watched his face turn white.

Hina sat up. She suddenly didn’t have a good feeling about this. First Halia, now Kekoa. The longer he took the harder she tapped her finger on the desk.

“Now.”

He broke eye contact and looked at the ground.

Her shadow returned and handed her pictures.

“This is him, my Queen.”

Hina looked down and-

“Kina?”

She gripped the papers as her hands shook.

But it wasn’t Kina.

Did she have a child?!

Her eyes dragged from the paper to her son.

He would not meet her eyes.

Hina wrapped him in chains and bound him painfully to the floor.

“You will tell me EVERYTHING you have done. If I so much as hear a lie I am dethroning you.”

He still did not meet her eyes.

Her instinct were screaming.

Hina stood.

“What did you DO Kekoa.”

He wasn’t talking.

She leaned over her desk and mourned.

She knows what he does to his slaves.

 

R A G E

 

Hina grabbed her son’s jaw and broke it to force him to look at her.

“YOU KNOW IT IS ILLEGAL TO HAVE A DRAGON BORN AS A SLAVE! HALF BREED OR NOT!” She didn’t know what to do. What does she say to her BASTARD SON. “HE WAS KINA’S CHILD! AND YOU, WHAT?! MADE HIM FIGHT? TORTURED HIM? DID YOU RAPE HIM KEKOA?!”

Her son looked away.

“He was here an entire year and you never noticed-”

She threw him across the room and through the castle.

“Lock him up for now. Let us pray he is a forgiving person.”

Her eyes pooled with tears.

If not for her legacy she would kill Kekoa.

“Bring me EVERYTHING Kekoa has and everything you can find on Osiris Von Lux.”

.
.

Horus and Masika watched bodies float to shore.

There was a good mix of Eldritch, Orca, Blue Whales, and a few sirens.

Many of them were half eaten.

A very mad, nude Orca came marching up to them.

“Where is he?!”

“Who?”

Fuck, what’d did he do?

They can’t afford a war with them.

“He took my kill then ran!”

Oh, thank Nox.

“He’s probably at home.”

The Orca tisked.

“Tell him next time I’ll kill him for that.”

“I will.”

He won’t care.

The Orca stormed back into the water and sent a wave to soak the docks. They were drenched.

“…..”

“…..”

Greeting, children of Nox.”

A chill went up their spines as they turned.

“I am Doyle. I arrived with an invitation for the new Monarch.”

 

Osiris felt something bother the kids.

“..”

How did he feel that?

He looked at Seth and his face frowned. They both were up and dressed within a second.

It didn’t feel dangerous, but they’re Seth’s kids.

They met them at the gate.

The Nox children, clearly disturbed, gave a slight bow before running behind them.

“What are you, scared?”

Osiris looked at Horus.

“Shut up, you go talk to him then.”

“Greeting Monarch Osiris Von Lux!” The man took a step forward and Osiris followed suit. “I am Doyle, the Elven King’s humble servant.”

Dain suddenly appeared looking out of breath, scared, and ready to fight. Doyle snapped his fingers and Dain froze in place.

“Apologies Monarch, there is bad blood between the Elven brothers. I am here simply as a messenger.”

Osiris waved and his spell broke, but Dain stayed in place. Interesting, but not my business. Osiris walked until he was a foot away from the man and stared.

“What’s the dude want?”

He watched the.. man? He wasn’t sure what his race was. He’s not an elf. Their eyebrows twitched in annoyance when he called the elf king a dude.

“We are hosting the first official gathering of the Monarchs. We would like-”

“No thanks.”

Osiris turned and started to walk away.

“The Lux Kingdom will be there, as well as the Nox Kingdom, if they’re willing.”

Osiris turned back with madness in his eyes.

He got up close and personal, making sure their nose almost touched.

“Who.”

 

Doyle felt his skin crawl.

He’s stronger than when he awoke, but not by much.

“King Mikael, and his children.”

“The Queen.”

“She is staying behind, unfortunately.”

He watched the Monarch fill with something he could not place, but it was dangerous.

His King wanted to see what would happen once the family reunited. Apparently they think Osiris is dead.

“When.”

He nearly sighed in relief.

His King would kill him if he failed, but he is always about to kill him. It’s the hazard when working with Monarchs.

But the pay.

“One month from today. It will be three days.”

The Monarch suddenly yawned.

“Send the address to-” He pointed to Seth. “-him.”

He stretched.

“Very well, and Dain.” He flinched. “You and your wife are invited as well. He misses you.”

After he was sure he heard him he bowed.

“Until next time.”

 

Osiris felt the man appear next to the elf king three seconds later.

“He’s fast.”

He turned to the crowd. Their faces looked unhappy.

“What? My birthday is soon and I want to kill my family as a present to myself.” He shrugged then pointed to himself. “I earned it, thank you.”

“You’re still the weakest Monarch.” Dain stepped forward first. “If you attack anyone, you will die.”

Osiris waved him off before he started to stretch.

 

“I’ll be back in a week.”

Seth frowned but relaxed when he felt him jump off a cliff behind their castle. Dain and his children looked at him. He shook his head.

“He’s swimming again.”

“Fuck! That’s right.” Horus turned to him. “There are a lot of bodies down shore. We were going to ask if you or him needed them.”

“Bring every corpse he leaves to my lab.”

Seth felt himself fill with excitement.

He was going to have so many new puppets and it was all thanks to Osiris.

.
...
.
.
Horus sighed when he saw his dad nearly run to his lab. They’re enablers.

1