87
42 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter Eighty Seven

O N W A R D : INTO THE UNKNOWN

 

Osiris was running late.

Zyair sat on his throne while everyone began to mingle. Lux is enjoying themselves. The King had little light in his eyes, but everyone else was fine.

Where is he.

 

Osiris marched a bit grumpy to the jail house.

Seth followed with a guilty smile.

He’s an idiot. I fell for an idiot.

“I’m so-”

“Hush.”

His mouth clamped shut.

Osiris was also an idiot since he didn’t recognize his own children.

“How long.”

Seth cringed.

“They showed up a month after you left.”

“Their conditions.”

Seth’s shoulders unpinched.

“Bored. They are allowed time out-”

“Shut up.”

They better be fine.

He would leave Seth for this.

If he’s willing to treat my kids like this when I’ve-

The three were playing cards.

They were healthy and full and stronger.

He filled with PRIDE.

They were dressed in jail clothes, but they were clean, and, actually, the entire room was like a mini hotel.

“..”

I worried for nothing.

They probably didn’t believe him when he told them they were mates.

Then he spotted Goss.

He turned to Seth who- he was just as confused as he was. He looked at Osiris, about to ask when Goss spotted him. She must have went in without an out.

“Dad!”

All four of them were at the bars, faces shoved through and-

“Osiris?!”

“You’re alive?!”

“Dad?!”

Osiris smiled.

Vep sometimes calls him that, when he’s happy.

“Long time no see.”

He snapped and the door opened.

They all fell on their faces. Osiris started to point and laugh when they all crowded him. There were a lot of tears and snot, unfortunately.

Sunnie is now in the top brackets of S Class, Vep and Fibble aren’t that far behind.

He looked at Goss.

She was just above Sunnie, but he can smell more mana on her than them.

She’ll be as strong as an baby Eldritch soon.

He raised his children well.

“And Morpheus?”

“He’s with Koa. Your fucking siblings tried to nab us the second you were pernounced dead. We had to leave everybody and everything behind.”

“And the fucking dragons keep loitering and trying to steal Goss’s business.”

“And the King just lets them! He’s already let all your assets go, and Axel is about to take over next year-”

 

Osiris started to laugh.

It started as a snicker, then a bray, and it kept climbing. Up and up and up until the ground started to shake.

“It’s happening again?!”

“Why?!”

Everyone was bracing on the wall, but Osiris kept going until it was roaring. Then he stopped and ran his hand over his face and down his neck.

“Hehe, this is going to be perfect.” Osiris looked at his kids. “There’s a lot to explain, no time. Sorry to cut this short, but, it’s time.”

 

Seth watched his children stiffen before they stood tall.

“Really??”

“Seriously??”

“Finally!!”

They cheered then looked at him before squinting.

“So are you two really together?”

Seth nodded.

Sunnie’s face suddenly smirked a familiar smirk he’s seen before, many times in fact, on a certain face.

“He was obsessed with you-

Stop.”

Seth watched Osiris blush.

“He even kept-”

“Enough.”

All three shut their mouths, but it was too late.

He wanted to know.

But one look at Osiris aaaand now is not the time.

Seth turned and let them catch up as he led them back outside. I’m glad I treated them well.

At first, he wanted to take his anger out on them, but he couldn’t do that, not to his kids. Older or not, Seth knows how deeply he cares for them.

He feels the same with his own children.

Seth caught teasing remarks here and there, but they were surprisingly adaptive. They didn’t cower or fear him, dislike, but they were different.

Osiris is different.

He acted much older than he looked, that was, until he got mad. He turned into a toddler when he was pissed.

He caught bits and pieces of their ‘plan’.

Osiris had a list of people they were to warn. It was up to them to leave or stay, but the people on the list were important enough that he wanted to save them.

Or at least warn.

His affection were fleeting when he looked at the list. At least, until he spotted two names.

Jealousy coiled in him.

Those aren’t feeling of family.

Osiris looked at him and smiled.

“I had a type.”

“Type.”

Seth was in his face.

“Married men with long hair.”

He shrugged.

I’ll kiLL-

“Calm down.” He grabbed his face and giggled. “They both have wives, and never looked at me that way.”

“And.”

Osiris sighed and turned back to his kids.

“He’s new to this. Anyways, let me teleport you there, and, wait.”

His children watched in horror and shock as Osiris started to cast…..spells he guesses.

“Cute, right?”

He threw one each.

“If you need me, kill it. It will summon me. Also leave them there when you’re done. They have work to do.”

“You can cast now?!”

“And breath fire, but that’s a tale for another day.”

The kids cringed.

“You didn’t need to get stronger. How are we going to catch up?”

“You can keep trying, I won’t stop you.”

The three looked a bit upset about it.

Seth summoned some clothes and supplies for them while they continued their chat. He may or may not have already gotten them some things after Osiris left.

I got rid of the concubines, some of my men left, and I even emptied out all of Anat’s things for his things.

They kept her portrait in the halls where the children could see it.

He’s very understanding.

Most mates, or lovers, don’t want anything that has to do with past wives or Empresses. A lot of people thought it was bad luck.

He even stole her picture once.

He found it in his bag. At first he was suspicious, but when Osiris disappeared he found it on the mantle.

I thought he left because of her.

He assumed that Osiris didn’t want him or the responsibility of a man who had children.

I made up a lot of things while he was away.

From runaway lovers, to kidnappings. His mind wasn’t very kind to him that year.

“Bye!”

“Wait.”

Seth handed them each a bag.

“There are poisons and potions, clothes, and food.” Everyone stared at him. “Don’t drink the ones labeled poison. Masika made them, and she’s far better at it than I am.”

He could feel Osiris’s eyes following him like prey.

“T-thanks.”

“Can we trust-”

Vep elbowed him.

“Thank you.”

“Trust him, don’t trust him.” Osiris waddled oddly and just smiled before ruffling their hair. “I’ll drop you off in Imhotep’s office.”

Then they were gone.

Osiris snapped and they were in their room.

“We’re on limited time.” Seth shivered. “It’s my turn to take.”

 

Zyair cracked his glass.

The party was in full swing and not a head of pink hair in sight. Maybe my brother is stopping him.

Zyair has been trying to mend their bond, but when he first tried to kill his wife he just won’t let it go.

It was forbidden to breed with anyone outside of their race. Especially royalty. But his brother fell in love, and like the King he was, he bullheaded his way into the problem and ended up fucking their entire relationship up over a woman.

But now she was pregnant and he wanted to be there for his brother. He loves him, despite what he thinks.

I’ll even deal with a bastard for him.

He was much older now and wanted to at least see him. That’s all I want. He would leave him alone if he just called. Zyair ordered another glass.

 

“The Elf King seems a bit mad.”

Luella whispered to Axel. Their dad was off in his head again, so it was just them and the rest of the Monarchs.

She knew powerful people existed, but not like this.

Every single one of these people could kill Osiris with the flick of their finger. The fact that they were unaware people this strong existed, shows her how sheltered their county is.

But thanks to this we are able to network.

There are some races they avoided, for obvious reasons, but there were some that were hard to approach. Like the goblins. Hoix had two kobalt guards that felt like S Classes.

He’s glaring again.

Hoix glared at them and the dragons.

“I heard he’s waiting for the newest Monarch to arrive.”

“There’s another one?”

Luella didn’t like that not a single human, except for themselves, we’re here.

Not a single human Monarch.

The message was loud and clear.

They are powerless.

“Yeah, apparently they awakened a month ago.”

Thanks to Axel, Osiris is long dead, so it can’t be him.

“Is it the Nox King?”

That would be a problem as well.

But if we connect to the right people, for the right price…

Luella managed to get everything Osiris owned, minus a few assets that ran away. And she’s so close to getting her hands on that new guild master.

If only I could find that dog.

And that cat vanished overnight.

“I heard they’re human.”

That peaked her interest. A human has the same goals they do. And in a room like this…

“Keep an eye out if they show up.”

 

They’re here.

Zyair stood and everyone grew quiet. He loved being a Monarch. He managed to climb the ranks in ten years. He glanced at Mucni who was hiding in the shadows, like always. He had an annoying stare.

He was just a glob of black and two hyper realistic eyes. He was at the top before him, but he’s so passive Zyair only had to ask.

He’s still a weirdo.

He, she, whatever the shadow demon was, it liked to watch. He found it staring at him peeing once.

“Ladies and gentlemen,” He clapped and the focus turned to the entrance. It was a set of beautifully carved, elven wood stairs with live plants blooming and flourishing. “Let me intr-”

 

“Sorry we’re late, I had to take a shit.”

 

Zyair frowned as the new monarch ungracefully shoved his door open so hard they broke.

Osiris looked behind him.

“My bad, I thought I pulled back enough.”

Power.

There was no other word for it.

 

Osiris paid careful attention not to kill his family as he let the full weight of his ego slowly caress the bodies in the room. Like a lover. A sweet, loving, gentle lover.

 

“Isn’t this nice.”

 

Luella was going to vomit.

She could hear Mercedes already halfway there.

Osiris is alive. Osiris is ALIVE AND HE’S-

 

“It’s like a little party.”

 

Okrus couldn’t even flinch if he wanted to.

Zyair never said he was this strong!!

He was promised he could have a go at him for what he did to his capital. He killed so many of his kin that he had to start over.

And now.

There’s no fucking way he got that strong in a month.

 

“And look, even my family is here.”

 

Mikael only saw him for a second before he started to cry in relief. He’s alive.

 

Osiris looked at the elf king.

He was as white as a sheet.

Everyone was as-

“..”

And when you stare into the void, it stares back at you.

“What the fuck is that?!”

Osiris got the fucking chills.

Whatever it was bleed into the shadows, but.

No one could answer.

“Oh, right.”

He completely removed his ego and laughed.

 

He was now the strongest Monarch.

Zyair looked and his hands were shaking.

That isn’t normal.

He had twenty rings, ten on each of his hearts. Zyair had thirteen on one heart. The only reason his brother never awakened was because he never tried to go past the cap. You just need to reach ten.

Any plans he had to ever defy him just went out the fucking window and into hell.

Fuck.

Zyair looked to his family. He had kept them safe from his ego. But they were a mess.

He could see and smell piss, shit, and vomit. He looked at the Monarch and bowed.

I will not be making an enemy of him.

Even if they all teamed up, he would still win.

 

Fuck, even Zyair?!

Ulice felt her heart waver in her belief in Lux.

He was strong.

She could smell divinity around him.

She could smell authority.

Her mouth watered.

Never has she seen someone of this world reach the heavens. A constellation was being born.

And I get to see it!!!!

“Praise thee.”

She bowed.

 

Mucni watched.

 

Pasz pissed itself.

What what what I am Pasz the Kobalt, not a god!

It bowed.

 

Ginkgo had trouble standing on all four her legs.

That’s not natural.

She was nearly four hundred years old and nothing but the gods should be this strong. And to walk the lands with them, as one of them.

She bowed.

 

Borthu, Phax, and Hoix shared a look before they bowed. But they collectively thought. Terrifying.

 

One by one Osiris watched with amusement as everyone began to bow. He really just wanted to scare the piss out of them for a laugh.

And his family’s reactions were the best.

 

Osiris descended.

 

Zyair flinched when the sound of the Nox children came from behind him.

“You almost took my arm off again.”

“I did not.”

“Did too.”

“Enough.”

Zyaie would laugh at the contradictory domestic scene if he wasn’t now facing the Godling.

He was sweating bullets.

“Welcome my lord.”

“Just Osiris. I hate titles.”

The Lux children flinched.

Thank the lord I didn’t conspire with them.

“I’m glad you made it.”

Fake it till you make it Zyair.

“Sure you are. But really, Seth did something stupid so we were late.” He scratched the back of his head. “And I-” There was a pause before a body dropped.

 

On his hand, like a puppet, was the head of twelfth monarch’s son.

 

“-wasn’t trying to be late.”

He made a silly little voice and said it with the head.

Zyair looked behind him and Hina’s son’s body was flopping on the ground. A red string ran from him to the head like a tether.

“Don’t worry.” He bumped his shoulder. He was beside him? “He can feel everything.

 

Osiris, like he promised, killed him immediately.

“..”

He was going to kill him immediately, right after he lives like this for a few hours.

“..”

Maybe the whole three days.

He prompted it up for everyone to see.

 

“Hi, my name is Kekoa the clown.”

 

Hina fell to her knees.

I was a fool for thinking he would ever be kind.

He really was Kina’s son.

 

“I like to make my nephew dress like a woman and rape them while calling them Kina!”

 

Hoix cringed.

My great grand niece was right. He could not betray him. And even if he wanted to, he saved the last of his line. For that he will follow him into hell.

 

Walnut wanted to go home.

I came for the wine and gossip, not this.

The little fairy was scared, but also a bit horney, now that he thinks about it. The man was powerful. But he could smell a mate bond on him.

Figures.

 

Milu and Okrus shared a look.

Enemies or not, this wasn’t something they could just ignore. They had to befriend him.

 

Osiris was waiting for the two little lost souls to find him. So they were here. Koa was carrying Morpheus as they busted through the doors.

 

“Alpha!”

“Mom!”

Okrus was confused.

I’ve never met them before-

They ran past him and into the arms of Osiris.

 

“Hi.”

He missed them.

Morpheus more, but Koa-

“Where’s Insipid?”

“Luella.”

He heard a sob from behind him.

Kou’s hair was fluffed and standing angry and proud.

“She killed him. I found him dead when I came home. I was actually planning to poison her, but since you’re still alive, can I make some suggestions?

Osiris laughed an slung an arm over his shoulder.

“Of course!”

Osiris waved the elf off.

“Carry on, or whatever. For some, these are their last.

He paused then snapped.

 

Something became visible.

“Make sure they can’t escape.”

Its ten hands shot across the room as each of its tri-colored fingers separated, cutting everyone’s means of escape.

Zyair looked at his pin.

It was a pin Dain gave him for his birthday. It would take him home if was ever lost.

I’m home anyways, not like it would do any good.

“Keep an eye on them, oh, and lock the place down, yeah?”

Zyair watched a spell cast another spell.

It locked everyone on his castle grounds. For how long, he wasn’t sure. He couldn’t see a timer.

“Go into hiding when you’re done. I made- actually.”

 

Osiris turned and rose two fingers to the spell and made a pinching motion. Nothing happened. He let go of Koa and tried with both his hands instead of his fingers. Head hanging between his legs.

 

The spell shrunk.

 

“It worked!” He looked at Seth who looked pretty amazed. “It’s like a scaling feature.”

I can bend and mold them like a modeling program.

He got to see a few and test them out when someone was making a little action figure for him.

Maybe I can do that again.

Osiris looked at his monster. It wasn’t much smaller, but it was only twenty feet tall now.

“Now run along and keep everyone safe and sound. Make sure no one can kill themselves as well.”

 

It nodded and disappeared.

“..damn, I still can’t see it. When I say invisible it goes invisible.

Zyair couldn’t help himself.

“H-How did you do that?”

Osiris looked at him and shrugged.

“I just tried it.”

“You’ve never casted before, right?”

It didn’t make sense.

“No, I was a feet user just a month ago.” He bashfully scratched his head and waved him silly little hand waves. “It took me a whole month just to get good at making things. They still need a lot of work, but I think I’m getting the hang of it!”

They looked fine to me.

 

“Come, you can join our talk.”

And you’re fun to look at.

He felt Seth appear beside him like a fantom. Elf king or not, Seth held his eyes with a predatory look.

Osiris gave him a kiss.

I’m just messing with you.

Zyair is his type, physically. Every other box is a miss. Seth will get used to it eventually.

He can’t just stop noticing if someone is attractive or not. Unlike Seth, he knows the difference with himself. He’ll start up once he notices people who look like me.

It’s just life.

And it’s not like I’ll leave him.

His mate bond was two-wayed.

If he actually thought of fucking them he would be repulsed and devastated. But I’m just looking.

He held his hand and squeezed.

Let’s give him a minute.

“So what did you have planned for the three days?”

Well, two now.

They arrived towards the end, so.

 

Thank god. A topic change.

Zyair had no clue how Osiris acts with a jealous mate. He can either turn submissive, which means Seth is the actual handler, or aggressive and he kills everyone who upsets his mate. Fuck.

“W-We have the-” Curse this stutter. I haven’t had it since I was a child. “-introductions and mingling today. Then a-a small fighting tournament.” I regret adding that for Okrus. Ass or not, I only wanted to try it because my brother did and I got hooked. “You can fight beings or creatures, we have a whole catalog.”

Osiris seemed a bit interested in that.

“And the last day depended on how long the tournament took.”

It was more of a showcase for their powers. Whenever a new Monarch arrives, everyone usually throws their weight around for a while.

I just wanted to do it in a controlled environment this time. Last time I lost a city, but first.

Zyair clapped three times and his servents started to help lead the Lux’s to their room for the night. Using a bit of mana he transferred a message to them.

Keep it NEUTRAL. I don’t want him thinking we are aiding or hindering his marks.

Osiris watched and snickered before carrying on.

“I’ve been waiting for this one for a long time.” The Lux’s, minus the King, all shook and flinched. “Since I was eight, can you believe it?”

I can. Lux Kingdom is notorious for their fight for the crown. I’ve watched quite a few.

“I can.”

Seth hasn’t stopped glaring, and Zyair is about to say fuck it and leave Doyle in charge.

 

Doyle felt a chill. He looked around. It’s my day off, how is it like this? Doyle went inside for a bath.

 

“And all over a little contract.” As they left the room they could not meet his eye. “But enough about me.”

He turned to Koa.

“Tell me your ideas.”

 

Hina started to drag her son’s body when that thing popped up and snatched it from her.

“Not yours.”

It can talk?!

It put her son in a little….bag on its hip and stood and disappeared. She just wanted to end his suffering. Her son was still very alive with that red string on him.

Even if she wanted to defy her grandson, or at least stop him, she can’t. And talking is pointless.

Or maybe it wasn’t.

He won’t come for all his children, will he?

Hina went to her room for the night, dragging her granddaughter away with her. She was no better off than the Lux Kingdom.

 

Not many people stayed after that.

Osiris yawned.

I’ve been in and out of that sea for a month now. Speaking of.

Osiris searched, and yup. The one that took him home is waiting for Kekoa’s body, as promised.

‘Just two more days, I need him to suffer first.’

‘Okay.’

“Such a cute kid.” A few gave him looks. “Mort is waiting outside for Kekoa’s body.”

“Mort?”

“Yeah, he’s this old Eldritch that saved my life. He always loitered around after my fights.”

 

“Fights?”

Zyair has heard a rumor that Osiris was a favorite of the Dragons. His siblings thought Kekoa killed him, but of course he didn’t. That bastard did have a pink fetish. He killed one of his elves when they refused to leave with him for it, one time.

“Yeah, the dragons had gladiators and all that. Fun times, well, minus the incest.”

He doesn’t filter anything.

“I see.”

What else is there to say to that?!

“I hope our rooms aren’t by the Lux’s.”

Not anymore they’re not.

“Would you like my room?”

He looked at him like he was crazy.

“No, I’m not into dogs like that.” He squinted at him. “So you tried to kill your brothers wife, but fuck one?”

 

Osiris can smell them on each other.

Okrus the beastman, kind of hard not to know the beastman King. His city smelled like him.

The elf actually faltered and blushed.

“I’ve been trying to fix that. I tried to kill his wife once, and I didn’t know he loved her that much.”

 

Osiris didn’t really care, but he was nosy.

“I doubt anyone could forgive that.”

“I know, but I’m trying.

Osiris believed him. But he made his bed.

“Keep trying, that kid of theirs has the same mana as you.”

That startled him.

“Really?”

He looked..happy.

“..”

Maybe they need to talk. He looked at Seth. Another day then. He was pissed.

“Lead me to a room on the opposite side of the castle or something. They smell.”

 

“R-Right!”

Their baby has his mana? That’s…she is royalty.

Zyair snapped and his servants started to lead the Nox’s away. I should write a letter this time.

 

Darwin tried to slit his wrists but that thing stopped him.

“…”

He hasn’t done anything to his brother, but he doesn’t know if he’ll torture him.

Fuck.

Darwin splashed water on his face.

I’m going to have to ask.

He didn’t want to suffer.

.
.
.
“What good is future vision if no one listens.

1