Extra 1
1.9k 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The World Championship has ended, and two teams from the Chinese region have won trophies. HOG, in particular, secured the first place in the squad competition, continuing their dominant performance over North America. Throughout the entire tournament, their performance was deemed flawless.

After the perfect conclusion of the solo matches, the HOG team discussed and decided to stay in Florida for a few more days. Since their visas were still valid and return flights could be rescheduled, they planned to make the most of their time. They visited Universal Studios for two days and returned to the hotel in the evening, gathering in Qi Zui's room. He Xiaoxu and Bu Nana huddled together, discussing which visa-free country they could visit for a few more days. Qi Zui informed He Xiaoxu in advance not to book tickets for him and Yu Yang.

He Xiaoxu raised his guard suspiciously, "What mischief are you planning behind my back this time?"

Yu Yang brought out a suitcase to pack his belongings. Holding a jewelry box, his expression seemed a bit unnatural. He Xiaoxu, on high alert, stood up and questioned sternly, "Are you two planning to register your marriage?!"

Qi Zui: "..."

Qi Zui looked at He Xiaoxu sincerely and said, "You just reminded me."

Lao Kai's face looked miserable as he interjected, "Did you have to provoke him?"

Lai Hua sighed helplessly, "Are you dumb? They're going back to meet their parents."

"Oh... Well, you two go ahead and give our regards. Ask if they need us to book a hotel together," He Xiaoxu said, slightly relieved. Then he turned back to strategizing with Bu Nana, "The Knights' team also wants to hang out for a few days. We can team up with them. Let them know and ask if they want to book a hotel together."

Upon hearing this, Qi Zui, while packing, responded, "We're leaving tomorrow, it's too late. Please let them know on our behalf."

Bu Nana looked up, "What should I say?"

"Tell them that Yu Yang and I are going back home to meet our parents," Qi Zui said, grabbing a water bottle. Before he could open it, Yu Yang, who was behind him, took it and opened it for him. Qi Zui took a sip of water and frowned, "Can you explain it clearly? Details like my parents being very proactive, exchanging gifts and red envelopes. Once these things are settled... Oh well, I can't trust you. How about we delay our departure by one day?"

Qi Zui turned to Yu Yang and asked. He Xiaoxu looked at Qi Zui, lost for words, "Being a decent person? You're seriously delaying your departure by a day just to inform Hua Luo and So So that Yu Yang is going back with you to meet your parents?"

Qi Zui nodded, "Yes."

He Xiaoxu was driven crazy and completely ignored Qi Zui. The dates were already set, and Qi Zui didn't want to reschedule. After weighing the pros and cons, Qi Zui had a brilliant idea and created a group.

Qi Zui added Hua Luo, So So, Zhou Feng, and Hai Xiao to the group.

【Drunk】: Sorry, I have something to discuss with Yu Yang, so I'm returning to the country. You guys have fun.

【SoSo】: ...When did we become so close? If you want to leave, just leave.

Qi Zui casually muted SoSo and continued typing.

【Drunk】: I actually wanted to hang out with all of you. Since we have such a good relationship, I also wanted to share the joy of HOG winning the championship with everyone...

【Hai Xiao】: Qi Shen, why should we be happy about your victory?

【Drunk】: As for why we have to go back early... it's because Youth wants to go home with me.

Group notification: SoSo has left the group.

【Drunk】: We're going to stay together for a few more days, and then we will officially receive the blessings of our parents. In the future, even if we argue and fight, our parents will call us to make peace.

Group notification: Hua Luo has left the group.

【Drunk】: Really, as men, after turning eighteen, we still have to return to our families. Youth is already nineteen this year, and he...

Group notification: Hai Xiao has left the group.

Qi Zui quickly typed, making sure to show off before Zhou Feng left the group, finally satisfied. The next day, Qi Zui and Yu Yang returned to the country without regrets.

At the Qi residence.

A few days ago, Qi Mother had arranged the time and had the house thoroughly cleaned by the housekeeper. She even found Qi Zui's photos from childhood, following the cliché scenes from brainless TV dramas, to pass the time after dinner.

Qi Mother looked around, got up, and personally trimmed the flowers on the table. She said softly, "I still think the red envelope is a bit too little..."

Qi Father had just finished a video conference and closed his laptop. He said, "Isn't it enough? Didn't you ask your friends? Usually, it's about this much for the first meeting."

"Why compare with others..." Qi Mother absentmindedly trimmed the flowers and said, "Give him one billion. Maybe he won't dare to break up with Qi Zui in the future... After all, he's taking my money."

Qi Father coughed and covered his mouth, "Forget it, maybe he thought you wanted him to take the money and leave."

"Why would I want him to leave? It's so hard to find someone in the same profession, young and good-looking, with a good temper. Shouldn't I be content?" Qi Mother raised an eyebrow, sneering, "It's amusing how people still try to mock me... My son found a world champion, much better than their sons, right? Their sons... ha, besides being snake-like, what else can they do? I'm not afraid they'll give birth to a genetically modified child in the future."

Qi Father suppressed his laughter, checked the time, and straightened his shirt.

At exactly nine o'clock in the evening, Qi Zui and Yu Yang arrived at Qi's residence.

Yu Yang was a bit nervous.

Family gatherings were unfamiliar to Yu Yang.

He didn't have a complete concept of a normal family, nor did he have any experience of normal interactions with family members. Sitting at the same table, having dinner, chatting and laughing with Qi Zui's parents, it was as challenging for him as competing in another world championship.

But if he wanted to be with Qi Zui for a long time, meeting the parents was an inevitable step. Yu Yang took a deep breath, glanced at Qi Zui, who smiled back at him and knocked on the door twice before using the key to open it.

Qi Zui pushed open the door, and a comfortable temperature and faint aroma of food greeted them.

After eating Western food for half a month, the smell of Chinese food instantly made Yu Yang hungry.

From the moment his stomach grumbled, the concept of home became strangely clear to him.

Qi Father greeted them with a smile, asking about the flight delay while patting Yu Yang's shoulder. Without giving him a chance to feel awkward, Qi Father naturally ushered him into the dining room. Qi Mother gave Yu Yang a faint smile. She wasn't as enthusiastic as Qi Father, but her appropriate distance made Yu Yang feel more at ease. Yu Yang politely handed over the gifts he had prepared for them and accepted the red envelope from Qi Mother, feeling a little embarrassed.

Qi Father was talkative, constantly asking Yu Yang about the competition and the team. Qi Father didn't really understand, so Yu Yang explained in more detail, and Qi Father listened attentively, feeling relieved. "It's really not easy... Well, let's eat first."

Qi Mother also asked a few questions about the World Championship and inquired about the current sponsorship situation of the team. Yu Yang answered them one by one. After dinner, it took Yu Yang a while to realize that Qi Father and mother had been trying to find topics they could talk about to prevent him from feeling awkward.

After dinner, Qi Mother tried on the Bulgari double-layer diamond bracelet that Yu Yang had bought for her and said softly, "It's too extravagant..."

"I think so too," Qi Zui said lazily, eating fruit with his head lowered. "I told him to buy a single-layer one, but he didn't listen."

Even though she knew her son was saying this on purpose, Qi Mother couldn't help but smile. She carefully took off the bracelet and put it away, smiling, "There's an occasion tomorrow. I'll wear this."

Yu Yang pursed his lips and whispered, "If you like it."

"Of course I like it. I've wanted to buy it for a long time." Qi Mother gently glanced at Yu Yang, then looked at the time. "It's almost midnight. It's getting late... You two must be tired after a whole day of traveling by plane and adjusting to the time difference. Why don't you rest first?"

Qi Zui had been waiting for this moment. Before he could even get up, Qi Mother softly said to Yu Yang, "I've prepared your room a week in advance. I'll take you there and see if there's anything inappropriate."

"Hey, no." Qi Zui quickly grabbed a tissue to wipe his fingers and frowned. "Why did you prepare a room for him? He'll stay in my room."

Qi Mother couldn't put into words the look she gave Qi Zui. She was relieved that she didn't invite any other relatives today so that Qi Zui wouldn't embarrass her too much. Suppressing her anger, she said, "This is the first time Yu Yang has come to our house, and you let him stay in your room? Can't you..."

Have some dignity?

For the thousandth time, Qi Mother questioned herself in her heart. What did she eat when she was pregnant to give birth to such a shameless child?

Qi Mother took Yu Yang to see the room, and Qi Zui looked at his father, furrowing his brow. "Does my mom... Does she know that the Qing Dynasty has already fallen?"

"What nonsense are you talking about?" Qi Father patted Qi Zui on the back. "It's the first time we've met. Can't we be more formal? Isn't it because we don't want to deal with you guys?"

Qi Zui laughed. "After so much effort to bring him here, he won't even stay with me... What am I hoping for?"

Qi Father smiled and went to attend to his own matters.

In the middle of the night, both Qi Father and Qi Mother were asleep, and Qi Zui took a shower and lay on his bed, grinding his teeth in frustration.

Qi Zui's phone buzzed.

[Youth]: Your mom is really nice.

[Youth]: The room is clean... She even bought me pajamas.

[Youth]: The red envelope is so big. Should I give a gift in return?

[Youth]: Are you asleep?

Qi Zui let out a sigh...

Yu Yang promised him on the plane that he could do whatever he wanted when they got back home.

[Drunk]: Can't sleep.

[Youth]:... Are you upset?

[Drunk]: What did I rush back here for? I... I made such a big sacrifice for the country, and this is how the people of the country treat me?

[Youth]:... Don't be upset.

[Youth]: I'm pretty happy today. Your parents are really nice.

In the exquisite and cozy bedroom, Yu Yang took a shower and turned off the lights, lying on the bed. He glanced at his phone, and Qi Zui hadn't replied yet.

In fact, Yu Yang also wanted Qi Zui.

But he vaguely felt that Qi Mother's arrangement was not wrong. It seemed a bit frivolous for them to stay together on their first visit to Qi Zui's home.

Throughout the night, Yu Yang was subtly and kindly taken care of by Qi Father and Qi Mother every minute and second. He genuinely liked Qi Zui's parents.

On the plane, Yu Yang did promise Qi Zui many things. He thought for a moment and blushed as he typed a message.

[Youth]: How about... a video call?

[Youth]: You don't have to turn on your camera. Just look at me...

[Youth]: Is that okay?

After a while, Yu Yang's phone buzzed.

[Drunk]: I have a question for you.

[Drunk]: Is it true that in ancient times, the child bride only entered the bridal chamber on the wedding night?

Yu Yang didn't quite understand what Qi Zui meant, but in the darkness, his face inexplicably felt a bit warm.

[Drunk]: Why don't I believe that?

[Drunk]: I know which room the child bride stays in, I know that we're a couple, and we behave properly every day.

[Drunk]: And most importantly... I have the key to the child bride's room.

Yu Yang looked at Qi Zui's last message, and his heartbeat skipped a beat.

Half a minute later, the lock on his room door clicked.

[Drunk]: Little brother, I'm going to invade your room. Will you allow it?

Yu Yang's heart raced, and he inexplicably felt a nervous excitement of having a secret rendezvous. He took a deep breath and typed—

[Youth]: Allow.

In the next second, Qi Zui turned the lock of the small bedroom, and the room plunged into darkness. Qi Zui entered and closed the door behind him.

This small bedroom used to be Qi Zui's room, and he was more familiar with it than his own dormitory at the base. He tossed the key aside, didn't turn on the lights, and walked straight to Yu Yang's bed.

Before Qi Zui could say anything, he was held by Yu Yang's hand.

"It's great that the child bride is willing," Qi Zui smiled, leaning down to kiss Yu Yang. "Don't worry, the sound insulation here is excellent..."

2