Chapter 2: Learning.
271 0 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 2: Learning.

 

When Levi wakes up, he is inside a large cave. “It looks like I am reborn again.” Levi looks at his hand, which no longer has wrinkles. He also feels his body is full of vigor.

 

While he is thinking about what to do in this new world. He held his head in pain as various information entered his brain. Several minutes later, the pain subsides, and he takes a deep breath. The sudden influx of information caused him to become dizzy.

 

"Now I need to know where this place is." Outside the cave, tall trees and vegetation are everywhere. Levi has no problem surviving in the forest. The problem is the monster and the unknown vegetation. With Levi's strength right now he can only defeat a weak monster.

 

“Better find something to eat first before the day get dark.” After exploring the area, Levi manages to find a river. On the water reflection, he can see a brunet hair man with an average face. He is wearing medieval peasant clothes.

 

He throws a large rock into the river. After doing it several times, a few fish get stunned and float on the surface. The fish have a horn on their head. He recalls a piece of information about the fish inside his mind. Hornfish mostly live in the Pondover Forest and can be eaten.

 

At the same time, he recalls any information about Pondover Forest. Levi's face changes. And quickly take the fish to leave the area. This time he carefully moves around the forest. Pondover Forest is considered a dangerous place that has many monster nests. According to the information, every winter, monster tides will occur.

 

Fortunately, it is not yet winter. But still, this place is dangerous. Most people will not enter Pondover Forest unless they have no choice. Levi suddenly stopped and hid behind thick foliage.

 

The ground begins to shake and peaking from his hideout. A large Tyrannosaurus Rex is walking through the woods. Levi lay down on the ground and stopped moving. The last time he felt this scared was when he got attacked by an escaped tiger in the zoo. Because of that, he suffered a phobia of cats for a few reincarnations.

 

When the ground stops shaking, Levi slowly stands up and rushes toward the cave. "This place is dangerous." Levi thought this place was safe. But it turned out to be one of the most dangerous places on this continent.

 

He returns to the cave and begins to cook the fish. While doing so, he checks the information he received from the voice. This world is called the Acheron world, humans and other races can use energy called mana. For this reason, they can become warriors or mages if they have an affinity for mana. There is also a rank of Apprentice, Adept, Master, and Grand Master. The last rank is called Legend, but no one has reached this rank only in the history book.

 

Levi suddenly has a realization, before this because he can reincarnate every time he dies. He treated his life like a game or simulation. But now is different he will die for real and can longer be reborn. Even if he can, he will no longer be him but someone else with different memory and experience.

 

"I must grow stronger." While he is thinking, he smells something burning. Quickly, Levi saves the fish and begins to eat it. "I need to find some spice." The fish taste bland. After being betrayed in one of his reincarnations. He was forced to live a solitary life. Levi learned how to cook, and he finds out that this is one of the skills useful for survival.

 

Levi sits cross-legged and uses mana breathing techniques. According to the basic magic elements manual instruction. In this world, there are five basic elements fire, water, earth, wood, and wind. The mana energy in the cave moves and enters Levi's body.

 

Without realizing it, Levi has been in meditation until morning. “My body feels great.” When Levi wakes up he notices a difference in his body. “According to the basic magic element manual, if I reach apprentice rank I can cast a basic spell.” Levi raises his hand and tries to use mana inside his body to create a magic circle. Mana-like tendrils begin to take shape and symbol to harness the power of mana. After several minutes the magic circle collapsed and disappear.

 

"It will take some time before I can use magic.” Levi checks the basic body-strengthening manual. Compared to the basic magic element manual. It relies on strengthening the body to absorb mana. Both ways have its pro and cons. However, the most important thing is talent and infinity to mana if you want to go further in rank.

 

-

 

On the rough road, several caravans enter the border of Pondover forest. Although the forest is dangerous, most people still enter. Because they don’t have money to use flying ships, or they are smuggling illegal items and people. Inside the horse carriage, a middle-aged man and a blonde hair man are having a conversation.

 

“How is the Federation movement?” The blonde-haired man asked.

 

“There have started to move in the shadow. The kingdoms bordering the federation have suffered a coup.” The middle-aged man replied.

 

“They have started to show their true color.”

 

“If we do nothing, we will suffer the same fate. And the Mage Nation and Warrior Alliance will not stay still.”

 

“If only the royals and aristocrats are united. We will not have this problem.”

 

Several hundred years ago, there was an advancement in weapon technology. An ordinary human has finally had a weapon to kill warriors and mages. The serfs and peasants have been abused for centuries. Start a civil war that spreads throughout most human kingdoms.

 

The monarchies are not worried at first. However, they finally take notice when their army begins to suffer defeat. But at that time it was already too late; the rebel army had grown stronger each day.

 

To stop the war, the Master and Grand Master finally come out of their seclusion. However, in the end, they compromised with the rebels and granted them their territory. Because humans have invented a weapon that has the same power as master rank.

 

The Grand Master, although they can kill all the rebels with ease. Don’t want their names carved. As a murderer and butcher of humankind. For the Grand Masters that don’t care about the consequences. Few Grand Masters that don’t relate to any kingdom or organization sympathized with the rebels and protected them.

 

That day the Federation is born. However, the mages and warriors saw the opportunity and wanted to create their territory. To prevent another human civil war, the Grand Masters force two weak kingdoms to give up their territory. After some resistance, two powers are born, the mage nation and the warrior alliance. Thanks to that, the war was finally over. But only on the surface. The rebels that don’t escape in time and reach federation territory are being hunted down and punished in secret.

 

“What about the people that are following us?” The blonde hair man looks outside the carriage window.

 

“I don’t know; they have been following since we leave the palace.”

 

“I still think it will be better if we discussed using a magic crystal with other kingdoms.”

 

“The mage nation has a way to intercept and listen to us through the magic crystal.”

 

“They need to be closed to magic crystal to do that, we just need to prevent anyone to get near.”

 

“Even if we succeed, there is no guarantee the other kingdoms' security is strict.”

 

-

 

Following behind the caravans is a group of people wearing mercenaries’ clothes. However, their real identity is different. They are one of the assassin groups on the continent.

 

“When are we going to start?”

 

“It's not yet the right time, it’s still too early.”

 

“Why not we kill them and get this thing over with?”

 

“No, the one protecting the prince although not a Master rank is still someone we can’t underestimate.”

 

The assassin keeps following the caravan days and nights. The weak monster stays away from the caravans. Because many mercenaries are protecting the caravans. However, today is different, they bump into a monster that they don’t want to see. A large lizard with a big mouth and standing with two legs, the Tyrannosaurus Rex. But people in this continent called it the Big Mouth Lizard.

 

“Guard the caravans.”

 

“If any one of you runs away I will cut your leg off!”

 

“In your formation!”

 

The assassins are gazing from afar. This time they have to change their clothes to black and cover their face with a white mask that only showed the eyes. The White Ghost assassin, their success rate in completing a mission is more than 90 percent.

 

“Leader, what is your order?”

 

“We shall wait until they drove away or kill the monster before taking action.”

 

 

7