Chapter 80: Gathering Information and War Start
41 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 80: Gathering Information and War Start

 

At night Levi reads the information, and at the dining table, there are various types of food that Clara is eating with gusto. They met up in the street a few hours ago. Both of them told me what had happened after their parting.

 

Clara and Otis's mission to get information from research about primitive mages failed. Based on the information that Levi got, Otis has been captured by the Infinite Tower.

 

"Ha, I am full!" Clara patted her bloated stomach.

 

Levi didn’t raise his head and speak. "What is your plan after this?"

 

"Of cause to save Otis."

 

"You will fail."

 

Clara doesn’t say anything because she knows what Levi says is the truth. One of the reasons she is still alive, other than the blood claw technique, is because they underestimate her.

 

"How about you help me, and I will help you gather information about where Otis is being imprisoned?" Levi wants to say that Otis might have died, but it’s better to be quiet about it.

 

Clara nodded. "Where is Ben?" Only now does she notice he doesn’t see the horned bear.

 

"He is at the Templeris Forest."

 

Clara doesn’t ask anything further because she knows Levi is planning something. She doesn’t know why, but right now she has a feeling that if they fight, she will lose. Her intuition is always right.

 

"What is it?" Levi raises his head after sensing Clara's stare.

 

Tomorrow, I want hamburgers for breakfast." Clara gazes at Levi with a serious face.

 

"I don’t have the ingredients; you need to wait for lunch."

 

"Make more."

 

Levi can only sigh and continue reading. It looks like he needs to go to Yrul City soon. The information he got was limited. Too bad the Yrul city is far from Templeris Forest; if not, he can use his monster army.

 

-

 

The Arcane Tower had no enmity with the Mysterious Tower. However, a few years ago, they found that their mana stones in the mines were dwindling. Without a choice, they begin to reduce the sale of mana stone and slow down any business related to mana stone.

 

Because of that, there are rumors that the Arcane Tower patriarch family embezzled the mana stones.

 

Feeling desperate The Arcane Tower patriarch and others begin to discuss how to solve this problem. In the end, their only solution is the mage tower war. After that, they began to gather information and chose the Mysterious Tower that had a mana stone mine.

 

The Mysterious Tower had a long history, even before the creation of the mage nation. Nevertheless, they no longer had a master mage to protect them.

 

Right now in the sky, several flying warships belonging to Arcane Tower are heading toward Yrul City.

 

A few days later, on Yrul's city wall, there are a dozen mechanical golems and people of Mysterious Tower guarding the wall. One of the rules of the mage tower war is that the soldiers of the mage nation must not get involved. Second, you can avoid damaging civilian property; however, during the war, it’s hard to do it. In the past, the whole city was destroyed, and no one was held accountable.

 

In the sky, there is a small dot, and after a while, the silhouette of the large flying warship can be seen.

 

In the flying warship, the Arcane Tower patriarch is watching a screen showing the city.

 

Patriarch, everything is ready."

 

"Start and don’t get close to the mage tower." Most mage towers had a powerful weapon that could one-shot the flying warship and master rank. But it requires enormous mana stones and can’t be used frequently.

 

A few flying warships landed and deployed the Arcane Tower army. While the army on the land is preparing to siege the city.

 

The flying warship in the air fires the mana cannons. The condensed energy of the beam goes straight to the city wall.

 

However, the city wall's mana shield activated and nullified the attack. The city is covered with blue mana shield doom. After several minutes, the flying warships stopped firing.

 

Stop and check the mana cannons!" The mana cannons can’t be fired continuously and need to be maintained to prevent malfunctions.

 

Although the wall's mana shield is strong, covering the entire city requires a lot of mana stones, and every attack weakens the mana shield and requires mana stones to recover. Nevertheless, the Arcane Tower needs to end this war fast because they also don’t have many mana stones.

 

He even borrows mana stones from other mage tower noble factions.

 

"Patriarch, should we contact our people now?"

 

"Not yet; they are still vigilant; we need to wait before we can use them."

 

The Mysterious Tower deserter hasn’t left the city. They are hiding, waiting for the signal to attack.

 

-

 

The Yrul city refugees flow to other nearby towns and cities, and because of that, the mage nation begins to move and help them.

 

In the sky, many flying devices carry goods and supplies for the refugees.

 

"Don’t worry, we have enough food."

 

"Mages fill the well with water."

 

"Yes." Few mages cast rain spells above the well.

 

At times like this, civilians need to help each other because, in the future, it might be their turn. Of course, not all people welcome the refugees, and the price of goods rises, causing the locals to have a hard time surviving.

 

A large flying ship landed in the city, and a large group of people came out.

 

Ah, my luck is bad. I never thought there was going to be a mage tower war now."

 

"It's fine; we can just sell our goods here. I am sure we will get a lot."

 

"What should we do now?"

 

"We can only wait until the war is over."

 

"The inn must be fully booked; we need to rent a house."

 

The merchants and travelers are complaining about the mage tower war. Except for two people who, after landing, quickly left the city.

 

"Here it’s totally different; if in the kingdom there is an aristocratic territory war dispute, the civilians will be forced to draft as soldiers." Clara is wearing a mask and mercenary clothes.

 

"The civilian is useless in the mage tower war." After living in a mage nation, Levi realizes even the powerful master rank can die if not careful. However, the weapon that can kill them has several limitations.

 

Along the road, they see many refugees heading to the city to escape from the war.

 

Levi watched the scene without any emotion. If you are weak, your life and fate are in the hands of powerful people. Because of that, he needs to break through to a fifth-tier mage, and his lifespan is no longer that of a normal human. At that time, he can build his power and find a way to protect his soul.

 

He's even thinking about becoming a lich if he can’t break through as a fifth-tier mage. However, he can’t take that risk; according to the voice, once he dies, his soul will vanish. Nevertheless, from the last mission, it looks like the voice doesn’t want him to die yet.

 

While Levi is thinking, they both continue their journey. From what he found out, it's going to take a week or a few months, depending on the situation, to know the result of the war.

 

Both of them don’t talk much, except when Clara is hungry. Fortunately, Levi had his spatial storage spell to store the food.

 

On the road, Levi finds a place and begins cooking.

 

"What are you cooking this time?"

 

"Carbonara."

 

“Is it different from spaghetti and meatballs?"

 

"Yes." Levi proceeds to cook the carbonara and, at the same time, boil the spaghetti.

 

On the road, a group of children stops after smelling the food. They are all orphans who live in the slum; to survive, they need to follow the people. Without people, they will starve in the alley.

 

"What is that smell?"

 

"I am hungry."

 

"I smell it over there!"

 

While the children move toward the smell. The other refugees just ignored them.

 

“Stop” The oldest boys said. He sees two people that look like mercenaries. "Let’s go back." He is not stupid enough to piss off the mercenary. However, he is too late for a skinny little girl because of hunger when straight to them.

 

The faces of the boy and others were pale. They had seen a child who had been kicked in the past die from his injury.

 

When they expect the worst, the brunette-haired man gazes at the little girl, takes out a bowl, and gives her food.

 

The little girl in the daze takes the food but doesn’t know how to eat it. Because she never eats string-like food.

 

"Use the folk and do it like this." Levi shows how to eat the carbonara.

 

The little girl follows and puts it in his mouth. "It’s delicious." Suddenly her eyes became moist, but she kept eating the food.

 

The other children, seeing that, get close to see if they can ask for some food. Levi nodded and kept making carbonara, and at the same time, he asked about the war situation.

 

All the children eat the food fast, and Clara, seeing that, eats even faster.

 

"Eat slowly there is more."

 

4