Chapter 83: Third Mission Start
66 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 83: Third Mission Start

 

In Qraso City, everything is peaceful except for the underworld.

 

A black-masked man walks toward the group of men. They are holding rifles or revolvers; most of them are not warriors or mages.

 

"Don’t come closer, or we'll shoot!" One of the men shouted while pointing his revolver at the masked man with a shaking hand.

 

The Blood Hand gang bases in the city had been attacked. At first, they thought it was a normal gang turf war. The city is large, and there are many old and new gangs. The authority doesn’t want to get involved as long as they don’t go too far.

 

However, they found out there is a new group called the Faceless that is taking over the criminal gangs in the city. The people who fight back end up dead, and their corpses disappear. According to the rumor, their leader, Dr. Jekyll, likes to eat human flesh.

 

The black-masked man ignored the warning and moved toward them.

 

"Damn it, fire!"

 

"Bang! Bang! Bang!"

 

A transparent aura shield covers the black-masked man's entire body, and the bullets that once hit the shield fall to the ground.

 

"Mage now!"

 

A red fireball bigger than a human flew toward the black-masked man.

 

What happened next was that the black-masked man waved his wand and cast a mana barrier. When the fireball hit the barrier, it exploded.

 

After the fire is gone, the masked man is still fine.

 

"Playtime is over; kill them." The black-masked man points his wand at the enemy.

 

A group of masked people rush forward and begin slaughtering the Blood Hand gang.

 

Wait, we surrender!"

 

"No need." A burly, masked woman cut off the man's head.

 

"Die!" The man swings his sword behind the burly, masked woman. Suddenly, an earthen spike comes out from the floor and pieces his body.

 

A masked mage beside the black-masked man keeps launching a spell.

 

The Blood Hand gang, seeing that, wants to flee. But a masked woman extends her crimson hand, and a long bloody claw made from blood comes out and clutches their bodies while absorbing their blood.

 

The other masked member also attacks. After a while, corpses are scattered on the floor.

 

Boss, everything is done." The masked mage Brian spoke.

 

"Begin the takeover; anyone that resists will be killed." Levi finally completes taking over the Qraso City underworld.

 

"Yes, what about the noble faction?" Brian inquired because the Blood Hand gang had a hand connection with the noble faction mage tower.

 

"Don’t worry, because of the mage tower war, they don’t dare cause any problems." The fall of Mysteries Tower had alerted the non-noble faction. From Levi's perspective, the non-noble faction can’t be trusted after they abandon the Mysteries Tower.

 

However, Levi found it strange because a mage's brain is like a computer, and especially for master mages, they must have known this would cause non-noble faction unity to weaken.

 

Boss, we can’t find the Blood Hand leader." The burly masked woman, Laura said.

 

"It's fine; I will take care of it."

 

-

 

Outside Qraso city, the Blood Hand leader and several of his men are running away.

 

"Damn it, I will gather strength and come back."

 

"Boss, what about my family?"

 

"You can get them later; first we need to save our lives!"

 

The Blood Hand leader is mad. Everything he had built for several years is falling. It's all the fault of the faceless gang.

 

"Where are you going?" A black-masked man appears from the woods.

 

"How do you manage to chase us?

 

"Flying carpet," Levi answered honestly; although he can fly, the speed is slow compared to flying carpet, and with spatial storage, he can store anything without a problem. With the goods that he stole, he had no problem with mana stones or money.

 

For the research and book, it will take him some time to read them all. But once he reads it, he will remember most of it thanks to his mage mind.

 

"You guys, if you don’t want to die, attack!" The Blood Hand leader took out his sword and imbued it with mana; the sword emitted a red aura. To be honest, he is scared because he can’t estimate the black mask man's strength.

 

However, since the black mask man can take down the Bronze Spider Gang leaders Laura and Brian, who are peak adept warriors and mages, his strength must have surpassed theirs.

 

The Blood Hand leader knows that even among the peak adept ranks, there is a difference between skill and strength.

 

The members of Blood Hand rush forward, swinging their swords and firing their revolvers. The bullets hit something hard and fell to the ground. Levi draws his sword and slashes at the incoming enemy. Each slash and thrust killed them, and soon corpses surrounded him.

 

When Levi looks around, he notices that the Blood Hand leader is missing.

 

"It’s useless to run away." In the sky, there are several undead birds chasing someone. Levi takes out the flying carpet from spatial storage and follows the birds. Every time he used a flying carpet, it reminded him of the movie Aladin.

 

The Blood Hand leader had a lot of stamina, and combined with mana, he could run for a long time. What he doesn’t realize is that Levi is testing him.

 

At night, the Blood Hand leader is exhausted when he thinks he has finally lost the Black Mask Man. He saw that the black-masked man had appeared in front of him.

 

 

"Don’t force me!"

 

The Blood Hand leader, although tired, can still use mana. He takes out his sword and imbues it with mana, and the sword emits a red aura. This time, he is prepared to fight to the death.

 

"Die!" The Blood Hand leader sprints toward the black-mask man. When their swords clash, he notices that the masked man's aura is weak. Feeling confident, he keeps attacking and pushing back the masked man.

 

Levi's body strength is a middle-stage adept warrior rank; it will take him a few years to advance to a peak stage. The only reason he can fight back is because he purposely waits for the Blood Hand leader to be exhausted, and he needs to train to fight without using the blood venom dragon transformation.

 

Hahaha, you are weak in the next life; make sure to train more!" The Blood Hand leader mocked He is afraid for nothing; after killing the black mask man, he will rebuild his gang again.

 

Levi smiled under the mask and leaped back.

 

"Do you think I will let you escape?" The Blood Hand leader swung his sword, and a crimson energy blade flew toward the masked man. If the energy blade hits his body, it will be separated.

 

The Black Mask Man takes out his wand and casts a mana shield. The crimson energy blade, when touched, shatters.

 

The Blood Hand leader feels something is not right. However, it was too late.

 

The black-mask man waves his wand and creates several magic circles. "I hope you can last a long time."

 

Half an hour later, what was left was charred ground and a burned tree.

 

Levi, riding a flying carpet, returns to the city.

 

-

 

A few years later, Levi and Clara don’t have any news about the primitive mage Otis, who has been captured by the Infinite Tower. They can only wait; entering a mage tower is suicide.

 

Levi also advanced his alchemy knowledge and offered Clara his help to heal the scars on her face and body. However, she refuses because it has become a part of her life and she doesn’t want to forget her past.

 

The Faceless group had control of the entire Qraso City underworld. But compared to Mage Tower, it’s like a small gang that can be destroyed at any time. Levi tries to spread his influence to other cities, but there is strong resistance from the local gang, and he doesn’t have enough capable people under him. In the end, he gives up.

 

Inside a secret chamber.

 

Today is the day that Levi is going to start the third mission since he finally reaches peak fourth-tier mage and advanced-stage adept warrior status. With this, he is confident that he can complete the mission.

 

Levi only hopes that he becomes a humanoid creature, not a plankton or weak creature. Because he doesn’t know if the voice will give him the evolution path, just like in the last mission.

 

[Mission: Create the greatest hero.]

 

[Reward: Random.]

 

[Death point cost: 10,000 DP]

 

[A random body will be chosen.]

 

[Power and ability will gradually restore themselves, similar to the main body.]

 

[Warning: the host's soul will perish if the host dies.]

 

[Further detail will be added when the mission starts.]

 

[Death point collected: 12923.12 DP]

 

"Begin the mission."

 

Chapter stockpile finish. I will take a break. Thank you for reading.

4