Chapter 87: Exploring Dark Territory.
33 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 87: Exploring Dark Territory.

 

Michael goes to the gym almost every day. However, he was required to rest frequently because of his chubby body.

 

"I need to stop eating." Although Michael had recovered his past life memories, this world's food is good, and combined with this life memory, it’s hard to stop. Since he was an orphan in his past life, the thing he is most afraid of is starving and freezing to death. That’s why he becomes a martial artist to survive.

 

Although this world is also the same, there is unfairness and authority abuse. The citizen rarely starves to death because the food is abundant. He even sees people throwing food into a trash can. Fortunately, he had a memory from this world; if not, he would eat the food inside the dustbin; wasting food is bad.

 

Michael stood up and continued using the treadmill.

 

Not far from him A muscular woman gazed at him lasciviously and secretly. ‘Why do you want to get rid of those fats? They are perfect.’ The woman thought

 

The other people who know the muscular woman pretend not to notice her. Many innocent men fall into a woman's hands.

 

Michael, exhausted, left the gym and headed home. Along the way, the smell of food was everywhere. "No, no, I need to diet." He steals his heart and walks with determination, but in the end, he fails and buys a kebab.

 

"Damn it, why does it taste so good? I will die tomorrow," Michael grumbles while eating.

 

Suddenly his phone rang, and on the screen was the name Nicole.

 

[Hello Michael Are you free? Let's go to the desert utopia; they had a discount today.] Nicole asked excitedly.

 

Nicole and Michael were childhood friends; before this, they lived in the same condominium block. Since his parents are not home, he always eats at her house. Her mother, before she married, was a pastry chef. She is one of the reasons he became fat, and Nicole's father is a Darkness or M.O.D. hunter.

 

Nicole is one year older and treats him like a sibling.

 

"Sorry, I can’t go; I am on a diet," Michael answered hesitantly because he wanted to go.

 

[Ok, see you there around 8 p.m.] Nicole ignored Michael's refusal and canceled the call.

 

Michael looks at his phone and sighs. "It looks like my diet is ruined." He walks and eats the kebab in his hand.

 

 

-

 

Starlight Guild.

 

"Sir. The report about the M.O.D. in the city has already come out." Said the female secretary.

 

"Speak." The full-bearded man is sitting at the table, gazing at her.

 

"We managed to kill it, but after an autopsy, we found out the M.O.D. had human DNA."

 

"Have you sent the information to the government?"

 

"No."

 

"Send the information to the government and other guilds; this is not something that we can handle alone." The bearded man frowns. He is one of the hunters who joined the mission to destroy the unknown experiment labs.

 

He still remembered that the human and M.O.D. body parts had been separated and put inside a glass jar. The thing that he will never forget is a child being fused with M.O.D. body parts. The child, after being rescued, dies because the child's body is rejecting the M.O.D. body part. Some people, after the mission, had nightmares and needed therapy or quit the guild.

 

After the female secretary leaves the room, the bearded man is still wary and takes his phone to call someone. He is after all just a vice leader, and certain things he needs permission to do.

 

On the other side of the call, a handsome man who looks like a scion from a rich family is lying beside a pool. Suddenly, his phone rang.

 

"Why do you call me?"

 

"Leader, there is news about the M.O.D. in the city." The bearded man explains the situation and discusses it.

 

The handsome man, after the call ended, still looked relaxed. Even if this thing is related to that unknown inhuman experiment lab, they can destroy it again. Other than dark territory, most human countries are at peace. If they can take over the dark territory, the resources they can get are unmeasurable.

 

However, other than the communication problem, the M.O.D. reproduces fast. The last time humans bombarded the dark territory, although numerous M.O.D. died, the dark territory, like a living organism, began to counterattack. The M.O.D. attacks humans from air, land, and sea, and although the humans manage to defend themselves, the casualty rate is high.

 

What they need to worry about is the M.O.D. that can spread darkness and walk under the sunlight. Every time this rare M.O.D. creature appears, there will be a lot of death.

 

-

 

Deep in dark territory, there is no difference between night and day; there is only darkness.

 

A three-meter-tall humanoid with dark fur walks through the dark woods without fear. There are some bioluminescent plants that can illuminate in the dark. Maggie and Kate give him a tablet screen, and Levi watches the Monster of Darkness documentary about a creature in dark territory. The creator of the documentary is Professor Ken, who specializes in wildlife and fauna in dark territory. One of the dangerous areas is the bioluminescent plant.

 

Since Levi's strength is gradually recovering, his primate body has become muscular, and his brain has become sharper. Because of that, he can see that the darkness is not manmade but a part of nature. Soon he enters the area of bioluminescent plants; the beautiful glowing plants make the place feel like a fantasy world. However, under the ground, there are many skeletons.

 

Levi keeps moving forward while at the same time taking some of the bioluminescent plants to study. Maybe he can use it for food or making potions.

 

A creature with eight eyes is watching him in the darkness.

 

Levi walks closer and pretends not to notice the creature. The creatures that transform into M.O.D. have the ability to think and learn. That is why humans can’t create a base in dark territory because the M.O.D. can work together if their lives are in danger. In the end, it all comes down to profit; the cost of maintaining and defending the base is not worth it.

 

A huge pincer spider is ready to attack but suddenly stops because the humanoid primate disappears. The pincer spider, confused, falls from the large tree and tries to search for Levi. Different from the hunter training simulation, the pincer spider is larger and doesn’t chase the target like in the simulation.

 

She quickly leaped from the tree, and at the same time, her eight eyes tried to search for the target and were ready for the next attack.

 

While the pincer spider is waiting, the surrounding darkness suddenly becomes a chain that binds the huge pincer spider. She tried to break free, but it was futile. Every time one dark chain broke, a few more came out to replace the broken dark chain.

 

After struggling, the huge pincer spider falls to the ground, and more dark chains come out. The only part that can move is her head.

 

Levi's body appears in front of the pincer spider's head. His primate M.O.D. body had a high affinity for dark elements, and because of that, he can use darkness freely. The second element that this body has an affinity with is the earth and wood elements. For the other element, he can use it but requires more mana.

 

According to the information on the pincer spider, this size is a rank 2 M.O.D. He might win if he uses his physical strength, but it will take time to subdue the pincer spider. Nevertheless, it’s easier to use magic.

 

After that, Levi communicates with the pincer spider. Several minutes later, the pincer spider agreed. He releases the dark chain, and the pincer spider's huge body, larger than an elephant, stands up.

 

Levi raises his head and waits for the pincer spider to respond.

 

The pincer spider, after being released, wanted to attack, but her instinct was telling her to stop. After a while, she bows down her huge body to let Levi ride her.

 

"You are smart." Levi smiled and leaped at the pincer spider's back. He already prepares to attack because, after being released, there are a few M.O.D.s who attack him. In the end, the M.O.D. that attacked became food.

 

The pincer spider walks on the ground rather than jumping on the tree.

 

"Since you are obedient, your name from now on is Mimi."

 

Mimi doesn’t show any reaction; for her, the most important thing is her life.

 

After that, both of them travel through the dark territory and kill or subdue any M.O.D. that they see. Since Mimi is ranked 2 M.O.D., most creatures will run away after seeing the huge spider.

 

Mimi had a chance to escape or kill Levi, but her instinct prevailed. Because of that, Levi also treats her well and will feed her food. She is surprised when Levi makes the carcass appear and disappear.

 

-

 

Chaotic space.

 

A few blurry figures appear and take to themselves.

 

"The recovery is according to plan."

 

"We are ready to transfer the main memory."

 

"We must not; the host is not ready."

 

"We need to wait; the host's strength is too weak."

 

"We agreed."

 

After that, all the blurry figures disappear.

 

4