Chapter 92: Backstab.
18 1 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 92: Backstab.

 

Time passed, and the large structure that looked like a termite mount had expanded.

 

The explorer team had set camp not far from the M.O.D. nest.

 

Professor Ken is happy because he has gathered material and information and is ready to go home. Thanks to Levi's help, he doesn’t have any problem exploring the dark territory.

 

He might be able to complete his dream of exploring the entire dark territory. But he knows that the area that he manages to explore is not even one percent of the dark territory. If only all the guilds would join together and share dark territory information.

 

“Professor Ken, can I talk to you?" The exploration hunter leader asked

 

“Sure, what is it?" Professor Ken answered that he was in a good mood.

 

The hunter leader explains his intention, and the more Professor Ken hears, his face becomes distorted, trying to calm his anger.

 

“I don’t know what you are thinking; if you do that, you will die.”

 

“That's why I am asking you to help.”

 

“Are you going to threaten me if I refuse?” Professor Ken stands up and gazes at the middle-aged man.

 

“Yes.” The hunter-leader raises his hand.

 

The surrounding hunters aim their weapons at other explorers.

 

“What are you doing?"

 

“Do you know who my parent is?" One of the students threatened.

 

“Don’t do anything stupid; many people die in dark territory each year. No one will know if you die."The hunter leader shouted.

 

After everyone calms down, the hunter leader gazes at Professor Ken. “Do you want to save the human or the M.O.D.?"

 

Professor Ken, after contemplating, agreed to help. If he is alone, he will fight back, but other people are innocent, and his students are still young.

 

While the others are restless, Kate is calm. She had kept her distance from Levi according to his order. Because of that, most people thought that Professor Ken was closer to Levi. They don’t realize Kate and Levi have been communicating in secret.

 

She trusted Levi more than the human, and her guess is right, just like the first time when he needed to choose between following the human or Levi to survive. And there is no guarantee that the hunters, after capturing Levi, will let them live.

 

Professor Ken, after discussing with the hunter leader, walks toward the M.O.D. nest. Two hunters follow him to make sure he doesn’t do anything funny.

 

The huge pincer spider senses Professor Ken is coming quickly to open a path of illusion formation.

 

The human doesn’t show any reaction because they already see it at any time. However, once they enter, they can see numerous M.O.D.s on the ground and in the air from their night vision goggles. If their mission fails, this M.O.D. will hunt them down.

 

They follow a black ant with six mandibles through the various tunnels and reach a large chamber. When the human enters, the entire chamber lights up.

 

Levi is sitting on a high platform.

 

“Professor Ken, why did you come here today?” I asked Levi with a smile.

 

“I need to show you something strange in my camp.”

 

“What is it?”

 

“I also don’t know how to explain.”

 

Levi is quiet, and the human becomes nervous after not hearing any reply.

 

"Okay, you can go first; I will come later.”

 

“Thank you.” After saying that, they left.

 

“It looks like it’s time to call them.” Levi stands up and grins.

 

-

 

The hunters begin to prepare for the ambush.

 

"Leader, everything is ready.”

 

“How long do we have before the other M.O.D. arrives?”

 

"After 30 minutes, once the mission starts, the confusing-sense smoke bomb will detonate.”

 

“How are the people near the border?”

 

“They are ready.”

 

“It will take us a few weeks to get out of the dark territory; make sure there is no mistake.”

 

“Leader, how about the Explorer team?”

 

“Leave them as decoys for the M.O.D.”

 

Half an hour later, Professor Ken's group returned and had been ordered to stay in the camp.

 

Hours later. The hunters are calm; they are, after all, stage 2 hunters who have a lot of experience.

 

Soon, through their night vision goggles, they finally see the three-meter-tall primate walking toward them. This is not the first time Levi comes alone into the human camp. Because of that, it’s not unusual for him not to bring another M.O.D. as a guard.

 

When Levi is in the ambush area, a net falls from the sky, and several Tranquilizer darts fly through the air, targeting him.

 

However, the three-meter-tall primate body suddenly disappears.

 

"Where is he?"

 

“That is not very nice of you.” Levi's large hand grabs the hunter's head and twists it; a cracking sound can be heard in the dark woods.

 

“He is over there!”

 

“Change of plan: shoot to kill and activate your power!”

 

The hunters aim their weapons and fire.

 

The incoming bullets pass through his body like a mirage, and his body disappears into the darkness.

 

The bullets hit nothing, and the hunters had no way to capture and kill Levi. Instead, every time Levi appears, a hunter’s body will be ripped apart or a sharp shadow will pierce their body. Blood spurted and spayed on the ground.

 

The hunters that manage to survive activate their power and block the attack. They thought there was still hope. A roar can be heard throughout the woods. One of them is the size of a human but has a bat wing, and the other is a large, dark mantis with two pairs of blade arms that can cut a car.

 

The wing primate moves fast, lifts the hunter high in the air, and drops him to death.

 

The large, dark mantis is even more dangerous; every attack can decapitate a stage 2 hunter with full power activated.

 

“Something is wrong; there are rank 3 M.O.D."

 

The way that Levi and others kill them, it’s like a predator playing with their prey.

 

Their thought is right. Levi has since gotten a third eye. The M.O.D. in the dark territory is not a threat to him. With his strength, only a stage 3 hunter or rank 3 M.O.D. can harm him.

 

Levi roars, and the two rank 3 M.O.D. understand. This time, they don’t kill the hunters but capture them alive.

 

The remaining hunters, after a while, chose to flee in different directions. However, how far they can run in the dark territory Many shadows move to chase the fleeing hunters.

 

Levi walks toward the camp to see Professor Ken.

 

Professor Ken is surprised to see Levi. That means the hunters failed.

 

Levi spares the explorer team's life, but they can’t stay here any longer.

 

Professor Ken and others can only sigh; at least Levi spared their lives.

 

The news about the exploration team hunter attacking Levi spread. A few hunters managed to survive and contact their clients about the situation. Levi is protected by a rank 3 M.O.D.

 

Most of them are not surprised and have already expected the outcome. Some senior hunters have already predicted Levi as the king of the M.O.D. nest; it’s not simple to capture.

 

For the civilians, they don’t care; for them, M.O.D., it’s like any creature needs to be killed.

 

-

 

A few days later, inside an underground chamber,

 

The hunter leader's arm and leg are shackled on the table. The smell of blood is strong in the chamber.

 

“Humans are smart; they manage to find a way to connect the M.O.D. core to the heart and make it part of the human body.” Levi takes a small knife and is ready to open the next test subject's body.

 

"Monster, release me!”

 

“You are rude; to tell you the truth, I am waiting for you to betray me.”

 

“Damn, it kills me!” The hunter leader tries to break free, but it is futile. Without the activation bracelet. He can’t use his M.O.D. power.

 

“Don’t worry, I will kill you. I need a living test subject to make sure your M.O.D. core is not damaged.”

 

“AHHHH!” The small knife begins to cut the hunter leader's abdomen.

 

“I am sorry; I don’t have any anesthetic gas.” While saying that Levi continues to cut and examine the body until the hunter leader dies. Blood flows down the table.

 

"Interesting. Mimi, come here and eat this.” Levi threw the two M.O.D. cores from inside the hunter leader's body at her.

 

The pincer spider catches it and swallows it whole, and her strength becomes stronger.

 

Levi found out something interesting: when M.O.D. eat each other, there are no changes. Nevertheless, once the M.O.D. core is inside the human body, the M.O.D. becomes stronger.

 

"Wait, how about I use it to increase the power of M.O.D. that can spread darkness?" Levi is not concerned about the material because hunters enter the dark territory every day.

 

Levi raises his hand, and the shadow swallows the corpse and the blood in the chamber. He walks out of the chamber. It’s time to start the first phase of creating the hero.

 

Since that day, the number of hunters who do not return has from dark territory been increasing.

 

2