Chapter 93: Sign Before the Storm.
50 5 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 93: Sign Before the Storm.

 

A few months later, the situation of missing hunters in deep, dark territory bordering Sweca country got serious. The hunter guilds and associations begin to investigate and find out that the majority of the hunters that have gone missing are near Levi M.O.D.'s nest.

 

Starlight Guild.

 

In front of a large monitor, many people are having a meeting online.

 

The representatives of hunter guilds and associations are discussing what to do. However, most of them are relaxed; it's normal for hunters to go missing or die in dark territory.

 

“What do you think?”

 

“We can only send people to rescue them and prevent the hunters from going near the M.O.D. nest.”

 

“Agreed, although the new communication device can be used in dark territory, the rescue signal is slow and the time to create a rescue team will take time.”

 

There are several suggestions one of them is sending stage 3 hunters to destroy the M.O.D. nest. However, when it the time to choose who is going to do it none of the representatives’ volunteer.

 

They are not stupid. The M.O.D. nest had ranked 3 M.O.D. If the mission fails, their organization will become weaker, and the company's stock market will fall or, worse, go bankrupt.

 

Although the hunters’ organization doesn’t show any hostile relationships on the surface, In the dark, most of them have done shady business to weaken the enemy organization.

 

After half an hour, the meeting ended.

 

The middle-aged, breaded man, the vice leader of Starlight Guild, rubbed his head. Other than the dark territory, the news about escaped M.O.D. is spreading. However, he knows that the escaped M.O.D. who attacked civilians in the city is a former human.

 

The guilds and associations decided to keep it a secret to prevent panic. However, it is only a matter of time before people find out. Now they need to find the culprit; it's not like they haven’t found anything.

 

They manage to capture the members of that organization. However, they don’t know who their leader is or the main base of the Veil organization.

 

The middle-aged man finally decided to take the phone to call someone.

 

-

 

Inside a large mansion.

 

“Don’t worry, let's discuss it after I return to the guild.” A blonde-haired man put down his phone and frowned. He is the leader of the Starlight Guild. His concern is not about the hybrid human M.O.D. but the movement of dark territory.

 

Although he is the leader of the Starlight Guild, behind him is the Wertheimer family. He also knows the secret of the dark territory and his ancestor's betrayal. However, because of that, the Wertheimer family became one of the top families.

 

One of the secrets is that his ancestor was a stage 4 hunter who could extend his life. Thanks to the Light and Dark Cicada M.O.D. core

 

“I need to report this to the ancestor.”

 

-

 

On the Eblus country border, a huge black coral with a leg like a crab is coming out of dark territory. Nevertheless, it’s still daytime, and any M.O.D. that gets hit by sunlight will die.

 

The coral crab's full body finally comes out of the dark territory. However, the M.O.D. body doesn’t get burned; instead, the darkness is the same as in the dark territory covering the sky. More coral crabs come out, and behind them are various M.O.D.

 

The news of the M.O.D. coming out during the daytime alarms the nearby city and town.

 

Since they were not in dark territory, the news spread fast, and the military had already sent their army to destroy the M.O.D. The civilian watches the news to see the numerous M.O.D.s covered in darkness come out of dark territory.

 

Most of them are calm since their distance from the dark territory is still great.

 

“Launch the rocket.”

 

In the sky, several jet planes launch their rockets; however, dark falcons fly through the air and hit the incoming rockets.

 

“BOOM!” The rockets exploded in the sky and only managed to kill the dark falcons.

 

The commander at the headquarters is still calm and waiting for the main army to arrive.

 

Half an hour later, the tanks and missile launchers were already in their positions.

 

“Fire!”

 

This time the projectiles and missiles barrage the incoming M.O.D., wiping them out.

 

Seeing that, the humans rejoiced.

 

They don’t realize it is just a test.

 

Levi doesn’t want the human to find out the M.O.D. attack had something to do with him. That’s why he attacks a country far from his base.

 

“Although I can use the M.O.D. number to overwhelm them, the casualty is too high.” Levi also doesn’t spread the M.O.D. in multiple directions to confuse humans.

 

Levi begins to test the capabilities of the countries near the dark territory. Most of their reactions and responses are the same. For the M.O.D.'s death, he doesn’t care because the M.O.D. outnumbers the human population.

 

With the help of the dark territory owner, the M.O.D. population is increasing. What Levi wants is to do it slowly and give humans enough time to create someone worthy of being called a hero.

 

-

 

Dark territory.

 

Because of the deaths of many hunters, there are many vacancies in the hunter associations and guilds. However, because of the danger, recruitment is slow.

 

Michael, with a katana on his back and holding an assault rifle, follows the hunter team. Although he lost some weight compared to before, he is still chubby. However, among the new hunters, his score is better than the rest.

 

“Be careful, we are in Dark Orangutans' territory. Although they don’t move fast, their strength is strong and they can throw a projectile.” After saying that, the instructor activates his M.O.D. power and, as reflected, shoots down the incoming rocks.

 

“Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!”

 

One of the rocks managed to pass the instructor and head to the hunter's head.

 

Before the rock hit, a fast slash hit the ball-sized flying rock. The divided rocks fall to the ground.

 

"Michael, thank you.” The new hunter perspiration; if the rock hits him, he might die.

 

“Don’t worry, quickly take cover.” Michael, holding a katana, observes the surrounding area.

 

The other hunters quickly hide behind trees.

 

After a while, the attack stopped, and the instructor ordered a retreat. However, they can hear the dark orangutans howling.

 

"Everyone, once you see the M.O.D., don’t hesitate to shoot; whatever happens, protect yourself!”

 

While the hunter instructor is talking, a large dark orangutan suddenly appears behind the woods.

 

“Fire!”

 

A barrage of bullets comes out of their assault rifle. The large dark orangutan smiles and smashes the ground, causing the earth to burst. Preventing the bullets from hitting his body.

 

“Damn, it ranks 2 M.O.D. I will try to stop him; everyone run now!” After saying that, the instructor activated the stage 2 M.O.D. core and fought with the Dark Orangutan. Something is wrong; there are supposed to be only rank 1 M.O.D.s in this area.

 

On top of the tree, the dark orangutans are chasing them. Fortunately for the new hunters, there is only one rank 2 M.O.D.; the rest are rank 1. However, they are too nervous and scared to fight back.

 

In the woods, the sound of firearms and screams can be heard.

 

“Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang! Bang!” The dark orangutan body is resilient and is still moving after being shot.

 

Michael swung his katana and cut the head of the dark orangutan. Although his body has improved, he is still a human. Before leaving, he cut the dark orangutan's stomach to find an M.O.D. core, but there was none.

 

He continues to flee while killing a few dark orangutans. Maybe because of bad luck or his chubby body, most dark orangutans are chasing him while salivating.

 

"Why are there a lot of M.O.D. chasing me?"

 

Michael keeps shooting, but if the M.O.D. keeps chasing him, He will run out of bullets.

 

Soon Michael finally ran out of bullets and, without a choice, decided to use the hit-and-run technique. He keeps swinging his katana to protect himself until the remaining dark orangutans become afraid and flee.

 

However, the human body had its limit, and exhausted Michael collapsed to the ground.

 

After a while, the hunter instructor arrives, and seeing the carnage, he thinks Michael is dead. Only after checking did he sigh in relief. But before that, he cut each of the dark orangutans 'stomachs.

 

“Found it. Lucky kid, don’t worry, I will give you the core when you awake.” The hunter instructor put the black core inside a special small box and activated his power to carry Michael's chubby body.

 

-

 

At night, inside a room.

 

The bed is covered with blood and two corpses a male and a female both of their bodies had a hole in their chest.

 

Beside the bed, a werewolf with a moose horn gazes at the female corpse.

 

“Why did you betray me? I always love you.” The horned werewolf gazes at the bloody female corpse one last time before jumping out from the balcony.

 

In the sewer, the horn werewolf changes to a human form, and Edric walks inside the sewer. He thought after killing them he would feel better, but instead there is still anger in his heart.

 

I am writing a new fiction, this book will go on hiatus. TQ for reading.

3