Chapter 27: Summoning?
368 1 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyway, this novel is available to purchase digitally, or physically, on Amazon Here. 

If you would be ever so kind, then you can donate $10 on Patreon to get this novel, in different formats, as well as anything else I have made/will make, here.

Chapter 27: Summoning?

*Eleina’s POV*

The place where the ritual will be done, is an old fort. The road there hasn’t been maintained in many, many years. As such, I will have to go halfway on foot.

I still took a carriage, though. While waiting to get to my destination with the carriage, I mulled over the information that I got from Nila.

Her family seemingly wants to summon a high tier demon. Either a demon king or queen. If they think that just a few hundred sacrifices are enough, they’re surely fools.

From what I’ve read, demons like that will only ever accept a contract if they find it interesting. If not, no amount of souls would convince them otherwise.

They’re even more foolish, considering that there is no telling that the demon won’t betray them, and take over the kingdom themselves. Honestly, it is a very stupid idea.

Nila said that she had known them for a few years, and this plan was in the making before she was adopted. And it wasn’t going to be carried out this soon.

Even though Rena and Iris don’t show up at the academy most of the time, they also aced every class by default, just like me. This cause Nila’s family to hasten their plan, since if we get even stronger, they will have no chance of taking this kingdom over.

I won’t be a complete hero, though. They had summoned lower ranked demons already, which means that some people have already been killed by that annoying family. Which sucks, since I have to kill demons now.

Ah, before I left to the old fort, I had brought my dagger, and my rapier with me. I used to wear them on me when I attended classes, but I stopped since I passed them all.

It’s not like I even needed a weapon to defend myself at the academy. It’s security is fucking amazing, so only small attempts at my life could be made. Now, if they surrounded me in the middle of a forest or something, with like a hundred people, I’d most likely get killed. Not! Remember? I’m immortal.

Which is another reason why I am willing to risk going out on this adventure by myself. At worst, I just get captured. Then I will just have to bite off my hands or feet to get out. Simple as that. That is, if they try to bind me. Not to mention, if I can’t, Iris or Rena will just save me.

My maid carriage driver did try to convince me not to go, but I still left the carriage and waved her goodbye. Even though she is a vampire, it isn’t safe for her to just wait on the road for the rest of the day.

Now, to get to the fort, I just have to walk along the shabby road for an hour or so.

*An hour or so.*

Yeah, this is the perfect place to hold a fucked up summoning ritual. Could they be any less obvious? How did Rena and Iris even overlook them? The entire fort is lit up with torches, and there are knights stationed everywhere around it. Doesn’t look abandoned at all.

I mean, yeah, it is worse for wear, but people are clearly still using it to some degree.

Guard A: “Halt! State your business!” He demanded.

Guard B: “Does that even matter? Let’s just grabbed her! Giving them another sacrifice will probably get us promoted.” He said with an evil grin.

The other guard agreed with his friends horrible suggestion. As such, they took out their swords, and demanded that I drop my weapons. Instead, I drew my rapier, and then started to fight them.

Despite being a rapier, it did not feel like my sword would break against theirs. My dagger and rapier are gifts from Iris and Rena, so they’re of the highest quality, it seems.

Anyway, a stab here, a pierce there, and then they were dead. Death by a hundred cuts. Or, because I just managed to stab them in the head. They had helmets on, but I was able to pierce my rapier through the tiny slits for their eyes, which meant that I killed them via a head injury.

A very permanent head injury, mind you. One which side effects include, loss of breath forever, death, dying, being drifted off to the great beyond, etc. With the guards dead, I made my way into the fort.

Not long after entering it, I came across a patrol of five knights. Unlike the front gate guards, these ones were pretty decent fighters. But they were no match for my speed and strength. So I was able to kill them pretty quickly.

Only now has something dawned on me, I was just a forever sickly 20 year old woman not that long ago. If it was me from that time, I wouldn’t have been able to kill these people.

And I am not talking about me being weak back then, even with my current strength, speed, and knowledge, killing someone is something that I would not be able to do.

I have a feeling that Iris and Rena drinking my blood, has done something to my personality. Oh well. I’ll just ask them about it later. I have more killing to do!

*Hours later.*

In total, there were fifty guards in this place. Never fought that many people at once, but luckily, there were spread out around the fort. So I didn’t have to fight them all at the same time.

Good news over. Then what is the bad news? I was late. The ritual was not only already taking place, it was already finished. I think because I rushed in, they hurried with the summoning. Oops?

Yes, which means they managed to summon a demon. They summoned a demon queen. In front of the floor where magic symbols are drawn on, were a group of people.

Going by the situation, it should be the Betery family. There was a husband, a wife, two sons, and one daughter. Obviously, Nila was missing from this shitty family gathering.

Betery Head: “Are you the famed Princess Eleina?” He asked with a curious tone.

Am I really that famed? At least, I know that I have a pretty decent reputation in this kingdom. I have no idea about other kingdoms, though.

Eleina: “That’s right, and you’re the Betery family, correct? It’s a shame that I could not make it here fast enough to stop the ritual. What happened to the other demons that you summoned?” I ask with a curious tone of my own.

Betery Head: “The ones I summoned, were generals of the demon queen. Currently, they’re inhabiting my family’s bodies.” He answered.

Yeah, typical villain bullshit, just explain everything to me. This family must truly be crazy. A demon can’t just possess someone unless they’re extremely weak. Which means that they LET the demons possess them. No wonder Nila wanted my help…

Eleina: “Answering my questions? You seem very confident.” I say with my arms crossed.

Betery Head: “Of course. You can’t hope to kill the demon queen and her generals. I have already won! I just have to wait.” He said with a confident tone and expression.

With my rapier, which is still covered in blood, I started to fight the demon generals. Unlike the guards, they were quite strong. Not that I couldn’t deal with them, though.

Having to fight so many powerful beings at once, was a challenge for me. Though, after fighting for thirty minutes, the head of the Betery family was tossed to my feet.

Confused, I look over to the summoning circle, the demon queen had killed him. Which was possible, since he clearly didn’t make a contract with her first.

Demon Queen: “You’re one of the princesses? You are very strong, are the other princesses like you as well? I sense the smell of vampires on you.” She asked with a curious tone.

Her generals also stopped fighting me as well. It seems like she wants to talk to me.

Eleina: “No. They’re stronger than me. Also, they aren’t princesses.” I answer.

Demon Queen: “Meaning?” She asked with a head tilt.

Eleina: “Iris is the queen of this kingdom, Rena is her daughter, I am their wife.” I explain.

Demon Queen: “Are they pure vampires? And a queens no less…” She said with a thinking pose.

Eleina: “Yes, they’re pure vampires.” I reply.

Demon Queen: “To think that foolish man never figured that out, there was no way for us to take over this kingdom, and then this dimension.” She said with a sigh.

Eleina: “Oh? So you’re giving up?” I ask.

Demon Queen: “That is correct. Though, I am very petty, so I think that I shall play a prank on you.” She said with an evil laugh.

I do NOT like where this is going… I tried to stop her, but then she snapped her fingers, and I felt mana swirled around me. In the next second, I was somewhere else completely…

22