Chapter 29: Hellish Paradise.
388 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyway, this novel is available to purchase digitally, or physically, on Amazon Here. 

If you would be ever so kind, then you can donate $10 on Patreon to get this novel, in different formats, as well as anything else I have made/will make, here.

Chapter 29: Hellish Paradise.

*Eleina’s POV*

Well, no point in crying about it now. Let’s think through this… I should hop over to the demon continent, assuming that I can manage to make it off of this island. Even then, there are many different islands… And I have no idea on which one I am on…

Now, will the monsters get bigger and bigger, the further inland I go on an island? That spider was big, so either it was a spawn killing little bitch, or the smaller monsters have to stick closer to the coast.

Let’s just assume the worst case, which is that the monsters only get bigger. I should probably just run away from them, instead of fighting. Huh? Why is a shadow under me?

Is it cloudy? I looked up at the sky, and was greatly shocked… Above me, was a fucking giant spider! It was blue, just like the one that I killed. It moved, and I had to dodge one of its legs.

Its leg struck the spider that I killed, and dragged it up to its mouth. You bitch! Not that I would have eaten it, but that was my kill! Ah, now it is looking at me…

Oddly, it just walked away, instead of trying to eat me. Is that it? Huh? You asshole! Am I not even good enough for you to snack on!? No! Don’t turn around! I didn’t even say that out loud…

The giant spider looked to the left, at a huge white ball thingy, it then sliced a large cut into it. I was super confused, but then an unknown number of blue spiders came rushing out of the ball. It was a fucking egg! Fuuuuuuuuuck!

Even though there was most likely things in the sea that wants me dead as well, I ran into the water. I made sure to keep my eyes open, which oddly didn’t hurt me at all.

In the water, it was actually extremely beautiful. Imagine the most pretty coral reef you have ever seen, this place was a million times more beautiful! Holy fuck! That is a big ass fucking shark! No! Please don’t eat me! I wouldn’t even qualify as a snack for you!

It actually ignored me just like the spider. It swam up to the surface of the water, and horrifyingly, I could see that the spiders were jumping in to the water.

The shark, taking this as a free meal, opened its mouth, and swallowed a few thousand blue spiders. Ah, it took some sea water down with its meal as well. Huh… you’re welcome? Alls well that ends well… Holy shit! The giant spider and shark are now fighting each other!

I need to get the fuck out of this place! Being in between a giant spider and a giant sharks under water battle, is not a situation that I want to, or should be involved in.

Swimming away, I was finally able to once again bask in the beauty of this cool coral reef. Various different fish swam around me, most that I have never seen before.

It was such a wonderful sight, that I completely forgot about the whole spider and shark event. Well, anyway, I swam to a different island. On the way, I noticed another shark. It looked similar to a hammerhead shark. Oh? And it is swimming to me? What fun!

Mustering all of the strength in my noodle arms and legs, I swam faster than I ever have in my entire goddamn life! Somehow, I was able to make it to shore before the shark could munch on me. Which is good.

Once on the shore, all of a sudden, yellowish white crabs emerged from the sand around me. Huh? These fuckers look like the sand crabs in that one MMO, the ones where you use them to AFK train your combat skills. Should I train on you all?

I took my rapier, and stabbed one of the sand crabs. It… it died just like that. Did I end up on the starting island? Was the island that I ended up on first, the end game area?

Who cares? It’s sand crab killing time! I do not like sea food, but I am fucking starving!

*Active sand crab killing later.*

All in all, I killed a few hundred of them. They just wouldn’t stop showing up. Not like that I could even eat all of them… I gathered some branches and burnable forest stuff, and made a small bonfire.

I used fire magic on it to start a fire… Fuck! I forgot… No magic allowed on this shitty island. Why, though? Video game logic dictates, there is something on at least one of the islands that is absorbing the mana.

Should I just postpone finding a way off this island, and find the source of what is blocking magic? It might be worth the trouble…

Anyway, I need to start this fire the old fashioned way. With sticks, like I am from the stone age, or something… After messing around with sticks for like ten minutes, the fire was finally done.

Picking up a sand crab corpse, I chucked it onto the fire. I could hear it sizzling, so I was very much looking forward to eating it. That was until a black creature broke out of the sand crabs shell…

Stupid realistic fantasy world! Don’t all Isekai protagonists eat damn near everything that they can get their hands on? Why is that, me, the one living the fantasy, have to deal with bullshit like this?

Yeah, I know, most sea creatures have parasites in them, whoop de do da! I am not going to risk accidentally eating a parasite that is the size of an adult human. I’m not THAT stupid…

My meal is inedible, and my day is ruined. Ah… and now some big ass birds are taking the sand crabs that I killed. Sure, just take them, and enjoy the parasites as well. It’s not like I am going to eat them now anyway…

Fuck it, I’ll just go further inland, better than dealing with parasite ridden sea creatures.

*Hours later.*

So… how’s your day going? Good? Well, ain’t that just dandy! Me? Well, I am having a good time as well. Huh? What am I doing right now? Nothing special.

Just using a dagger to cut open a monster. Just completely normal. Huh? Am I going to eat it? No, it fucking ate me! It was a fucking frog monster the size of a minivan!

I didn’t even see it coming, it just grabbed me with its stupid slimy tongue, and boom! I was in its stomach! So yeah, I am cutting myself out. I would have died already, if I didn’t have healing magic.

This stupid frogs stomach fluid is acid to me. Burning, or rather, melting alive, is not fun, at, fucking, all! I have been cutting this frogs stomach for like thirty goddamn minutes!

Finally, I managed to escape from the frog. Climbing out of its stomach, I landed on the ground. Looking around, the frog was tied up to a pole, and two people were carrying it.

Ah! People! Which means food! Hurray! Now I am finally saved from starvation! No! Don’t pull out and point your weapons at me! I am a friendly invader of this weird island environment! I swear!…

20