Chapter 38: Eleina’s Outside Story.
302 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anyway, this novel is available to purchase digitally, or physically, on Amazon Here. 

If you would be ever so kind, then you can donate $10 on Patreon to get this novel, in different formats, as well as anything else I have made/will make, here.

Chapter 38: Eleina's Outside Story.

*Eleina’s POV*

After that whole giant spider mishap, I just went back to Aria’s village. I did say that I used cleaning magic on myself, but Aria suggested to me to not use it. I had no idea why, but I left myself still covered in blood. Also, I was so tired that I completely forgot that I couldn’t use magic on that island just yet…

When we made it to her village, she exclaimed what I had achieved. Supported by me being covered in blood, they all believed her wholeheartedly. I guess she did that so they would be okay with waiting longer?

Who knows. As for Kyoko, she now has that entire main island to herself. Me? I fucking slept for like a week. Well, not for a week in one sitting… uh… lying? Whatever. I just meant that I didn’t do anything for an entire week.

No one complained, as resting after killing that big fucker, was my right. Aria gave me a new dress to wear. Despite them being trapped on this island, the quality of the dress was pretty decent. And it sure as hell beats staying nude.

Now that I am well rested, I am now ready to depart from Aria’s village once more. I had to convince Rey to stay here. She was too much a ditz, so I would prefer for her to stay here in safety.

With a refilled storage pouch, I set off once more. This time, I will be going in the opposite direction that I did last time. After walking for an hour or two, I came to the coast of Aria’s island.

Cleaning magic also dries clothes, but I won’t be able to use it on the next island. As such, I took off my dress, and put it into my storage pouch. I did the same with my dagger and rapier. Then I dived into the water.

While swimming, I came across another shark. Except, this was the same shark that I had wounded a while back. I flashed the shark an evil smile, which made it swim away. Huh… smart, I guess.

Once on the island, this one’s theme was tropical. So maybe they just switch from tropical to forest like? Who knows…

Regardless, I had a crystal to find! And find it I shall! Mark my fucking words, I want to be done with this stupid ass island as fast as I can!

*Much searching later.*

Found the crystal. But now I have a decent sized problem… Do you like sea food? Cool. What about shrimp? Okay, but what about giant shrimp as big as you, that have legs?

Nightmare fuel, right? Well, that is my reality at the moment… Normally, you wouldn’t expect shrimp to be a problem at all. Even if they were human sized.

They didn’t speak at all, but had intelligence to some degree. As this entire island is in their control, most likely because, they use makeshift spears and weapons like that.

Yeah, I never thought that I would have to deal with tribal humanoid shrimp… Killing them, kinda hurt my heart… I mean, they actually looked kinda cute, after all…

Regardless, slay them I did. Actually, I had to give up after trying for an hour. Since they were literally thousands of them on the island. I might be immortal, but getting stabbed with spears by tons of shrimp, wasn’t really fun.

So, what did I do to solve this problem? Ah, well, I swam back to Aria’s island. And then I shot off a really powerful spell. Looking at the damage to the island, I apologize to Klee, and ponder if I just have committed a war crime…

Note to self, don’t use that much mana for a spell. You might be thinking, “How bad could your spell have been?” or something like that, right? Well, say that to the island, which is now completely GONE! No, really. It sank into the sea…

I also felt like I got powered up by the mana crystal, so that means that I destroyed it with the spell. It’s not like I was aiming to destroy the island… I used the weakest fire spell that I knew of. I just used waaaaaay too much mana to cast it…

War crimes aside, at least I dealt with the mana crystal quickly. I shall also take this to my grave. Even if the shrimp people were very tribal, I do not want others to know that I genocided an entire race…

*Some time later.*

So… after looking around various islands for a few days, I found something out. Not every island has a mana crystal. You can easily tell this by going to an island, and trying to use magic. Or just flying to it. Problem is, I can’t find an island where I can’t use magic…

It seems that the range of the mana crystals ends up spilling over to other islands. Which causes a network of mana blockage. The main problem now, is that I have no idea which ones have mana crystals on them. Aria said that there are twelve islands, but I have found far more than that…

You know, not counting the one that I sank… I’ll just assume that rather than her lying to me, it’s just because Klee added more islands. And since Aria and her tribe haven’t been out much, she didn’t realize this.

Though, Aria and her group are far more separated from the outside world of their island than I first thought, considering that I haven’t found any other elf tribe so far. Granted, I have found remains of what I assume are elves, as well as destroyed villages.

With another island being a bust, I took a dip in the ocean, and started to swim to a different island. Even though I could just fly, I felt like taking a swim anyway. Along the way, I came across an old “friend” of mine.

I was wondering what happened in that fight with the huge shark, and that spider. It must have ended in a draw, considering that the shark is now right in front of me…

Please, I do not wish to be eaten once more! The giant shark just continued to stare at me for a solid five minutes. Um… you know, I am running out of breath… All of a sudden, I heard a voice in my head. No! I wasn’t going crazy!

Voice: “For what you seek, you should get into my mouth.” A feminine voice said.

Eleina: “Are you the shark right in front of me?” I ask in my head.

Voice: “Yes. Although it ended up as a fight, I am thankful for you, since you lead those foolish spider younglings right into my mouth.” She said with a laugh.

Eleina: “Then why do you want to eat me?” I ask.

Voice: “You won’t find the other mana crystals anywhere else. Since I have eaten the rest of them.” She explained.

Eleina: “How? Aren’t you stuck in the water?” I ask with a confused tone.

Voice: “What is it that your people call it? Fishing, right? I just did the reverse of that. Leading the guardians of the mana crystals to the coast, where I then eat them.” She replied.

Eleina: “And you aren’t tricking me? I’ll have you know, I am immortal.” I say with a serious tone.

Voice: “I am not. I swear upon the Goddess Klee.” She replied.

With that, I nodded my head, and she opened her mouth. Then I swam inside of her. You may think me stupid, but those who swear upon a God or Goddess, and then break their promise, will end up dying. Since she swore, I decided to trust her.

Voice: “Do you see the mana crystals? They should be somewhere in my stomach.” She asked.

Eleina: “Wait! Even if you killed those guards, why did you end up with the mana crystals?” I ask with a curious tone.

After looking around her stomach for a bit, I found a literal pile of mana crystals. There were like fucking forty of them… What the heck?

Voice: “When a monster like me kills a guardian, we are given the option of becoming the new guardian of the crystal. Once I eat a guardian, the mana crystal would just show up in front of me. Instead of accepting to be a guardian, I would just eat the mana crystals.” She answered with a giggle.

I never thought that I would ever hear a huge shark giggle like a little girl… Well, whatever. Taking my rapier out of Aria’s pouch, I started a spree of smashing mana crystals. Which lasted a solid ten minutes.

Once I was done, I damn near passed out… Yeah, taking in all of that mana at once, was clearly a bad idea on my part. Even so, I was managed to stay awake, and now I feel like a Goddess!

Holyshit… I think that I might actually be a Goddess now… It’s hard to say, it’s just that, I no longer feel like a human… Did I just do something incredibly stupid? Oops?

21