Chapter 28 – Class Decided.
536 7 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Otherworldly Traveler - Mythic (Unique) - Traveler of realms, the Otherworldly Traveler is someone who has crossed the great divide and set foot on a planet different than one's own.
REQ: Set foot on another planet in a different realm.

Well, at least I know what rank is above legendary. Lee reviews his class list once more, reading their descriptions and narrowing his options, until he eventually arrived at Miracle Worker and Otherworldly Traveler.

Will Otherworldly Traveler let me travel back home? Lee takes a deep breath, thinking carefully. IT may be able to let me travel home, but it also may require me to already have the knowledge of traveling realms. To unlock the class, you must have traveled to another realm, so you should already be capable of realm travel before you acquired the class. I can’t do that.

What if the class quests are about traveling to other realms and I can't even do it from the start? Instant failure? The class matches well with my Otherworldly Academic profession, but I don’t know if it actually matches well, or I am being fooled by the name.

Lee glances towards Neia and Ruven, who are having a conversation of their own, about fifteen meters away. Do I ask their opinions once more? Lee frowns, watching Ruven fletch arrows using the Owlbear feathers. How long am I going to rely on others? Should I even be sharing this information with anybody? They are my friends but a month ago I didn’t even know they existed.

Looking towards the purple canopy above, Lee continues his thinking. Miracle Worker seems like the most straightforward choice.

Miracle Worker - Legendary (Unique) - The Miracle Worker is a heroic spellcaster that possesses unparalleled healing abilities and can perform seemingly impossible feats of restoration and spellwork.
REQ: Performed feats of healing deemed impossible to those around you, healed over twenty people who would have died without your aid, deemed a hero by at least one being, Arcane Synthesis.

Reading the class once more, after a moment, Lee slowly begins to smile. Thinking I’m a hero Nymie? Lee chuckles, coming to the conclusion that if anybody would think Lee was a hero, it would have to be Nymie. Mysterious stranger that comes as soon as he is called, a race of someone you’ve never seen, he appears and heals your mother of her cancer which could not be treated. Yeah that would do it.

I’m kind of glad that one of the requirements is Arcane Synthesis. It leads me to believe that this class isn’t just pure healing, but also has magic spells included somehow in the benefits. The description even says spellwork towards the end.

The downsides are mostly just me missing out on whatever Otherworldly Traveler gives. I suppose the other way around is true as well.

Sighing, Lee comes to the conclusion that he needs to ask for help/information once again. “Neia, Ruven, can I ask some questions about classes before I choose?” Ruven looks up towards Lee, and smiles faintly. “About time! Tell me all about each and every choice! I will give you the wisdom of hundreds of years!” Neia immediately slaps Ruven on the back of his head, and says in a scolding tone. “Stop acting like a child. This is one of the biggest decisions of his life.”

Neia stands and strides over towards Lee. She has a seriousness in her eyes. “Ask your questions, I will answer to the best of my abilities and in no way try to harm or hamper you with the words I speak. By my word.” Neia does the thumbs and pinkies to forehead ritual. She smiles. “Ask away.”

Lee jumps straight into his questions. “What does the rarity of the class do specifically?” Neia nods. “The rarity of the class can influence what you are granted when selecting the class itself. It also indicates the strength or power of a class. For example, if you had the common Warrior class, you might be able to deal slightly more damage with your weapons. Let's say in this case it’s ten percent. If you had a legendary warrior type class, it might be seventy five perfect, or something way higher.”

Lee nods, “My class Miracle Worker lists healing and spellwork, it also mentions it can perform impossible feats of magic and healing. Do you have any clue as to what that might entail?” Neia looks thoughtful for a few seconds. Twirling her platinum braided hair, she seems to come to her conclusion, she nods. “If I had to guess, it would either increase the potency of your healing and spells, or it would increase your ability to cast them. Things like increased range, no longer needing to touch, able to heal multiples at a time. Things along those lines. Legendary classes have a lot of potential, and it has been theorized that a more impactful application lowers the remaining potential it contains. For example, if you picked an epic mage class, and were granted a skill that lets you create a blizzard for a whole day, it’s power would be so great that you could not get anything else from the class, it ran out of its potential. If you got the same blizzard skill with a legendary class, you might be able to get a small bonus on top of that, like a small increase in damage with water elemental spells.”

Lee understands what she’s trying to say. The higher the rarity the more of a ‘pool’ of power you’re granted. Lee asks another question. “Do I have any influence towards what the classes provide?” Neia shakes her head and smiles softly. “Some say that what you want can influence the outcomes, but we have no proof of if that is true. Let me ask you a question Lee. What is it that you wish to accomplish? Why did you come out here to reach level five? If your options do not line up with your wishes, even if they are more powerful, then they should not be picked.”

Of course Miracle Worker lines up with what I want to achieve. Wait… “even if they’re more powerful” More powerful than legendary? Lee looks up sharply towards Neia and sees her looking down at him with a fierce and stern face. “Pick what lines with what you aim to achieve. Do you have any more questions?” Lee freezes for just a moment. She knows about mythic classes. Lee shakes his head, “No, your information was helpful. I think the other option I have is too risky, it may not give me what I need. It was just very tempting with what it might be able to offer. I could maybe go home with it.”

Neia’s look falls to that of pity. “I am sorry. This is your life, choose what you must.” Neia moves her braided hair back over her shoulder and walks off towards Ruven, who has been continuing to make his arrows all this time.

Lee sits up straighter and looks at Miracle Worker and Otherworldly Traveler. Taking a deep breath and slowly closing his eyes. He selects Miracle Worker.

Congratulations! You have accepted the class Miracle Worker!

Miracle Worker - Legendary (Unique) - The Miracle Worker is a heroic spellcaster that possesses unparalleled healing abilities and can perform seemingly impossible feats of restoration and spellwork.

  • Decreases mana cost of spells according to their affinity rank.
  • Basic: No mana cost.
  • Advanced: 75% reduced mana cost.
  • Expert: 50% reduced mana cost.
  • Master: 25% reduced mana cost.

 

  • Increases power of spells according to their affinity rank.
  • Basic: No increase.
  • Advanced: 25% increase.
  • Expert: 50% increase.
  • Master: 75% increase.

 

  • All Spells, Abilities, and Skills are instantly cast.

 

  • Skill gained! Medical Attention.

Medical Attention - This skill allows you to see a representation of others current HP and MP. May also be used to diagnose patients.

 

  • Skill gained! Miraculous Return.

Miraculous Return - This skill allows you to instantly restore a target to peak condition. Healing all wounds, illnesses, and every other affliction. This skill, once used, teleports the target next to you in the closest unoccupied location.

Cooldown: One day.

 

Arcani, the Goddess of Magic, wishes to provide more influence to your class Miracle Worker. Please select.

  • Yes.
  • No.

What!? Flabbergasted, Lee reads the last part once again. Provide more? She can fucking do that!? Lee quickly accepts the offer.

Blessed by Magic has been upgraded to In Magic’s Favor.

Spell number restriction removed for non-synthesized spells.

“Your goal of spreading magic throughout the world is something that should be rewarded. I am watching.”

 

Arcani, the Goddess of Magic, has provided more influence towards your Class Miracle Worker.

  • Skill gained! Healer’s Beacon.
    Healer’s Beacon - Surround yourself in light, healing those in your proximity with your ability Healer’s Touch.
    10x10 Meters. Toggled off or on.
  • Skill gained! Hidden Miracle.
    Hidden Miracle - You may choose to hide your Titles at will.

Lee was smiling, about to celebrate, when one more prompt appeared.

 

Title Earned!

Title: Miracle Worker.

Title Effects: Increases movement speed towards those in need.

Lee checks his status.

Name: Lee Barnes

Titles: Genesis of Healing* Miracle Worker*

Class: Miracle Worker Profession: Otherworldly Academic

Level:5 XP: 80/1600

HP:135/135 MP:64/215

In Magic’s Favor.

Stats:

Strength: 7

Dexterity: 8

Constitution: 10

Wisdom: 13

Intelligence: 17

Luck: 10

Unused Points: 3

SkillsIdentify, Mana Sense, Stealth, Mana Manipulation, Speed Reading, Mana Dispersion,

Medical Attention, Miraculous Return, Healer’s Beacon, Hidden Miracle,

Spells: Glacial Cascade, Earthen Strike, Gale burst, Mend Wounds, Icicle Spear

Wall of Winds, Orb of Light, Earthen Strike, Touch of Remission, Conjure Water,

Purifying Light, Darken,

Abilities: Language Comprehension, Healer’s Touch, Hidden Cache, Arcane Synthesis.

Standing up, Lee waves his hands out towards Neia and Ruven and excitedly yells. “HOLY FUCKING SHIT!”

Neia and Ruven burst out laughing. Ruven, stores his newly made arrows into his quiver and shouts back. “Feels good to be rewarded for your hard work doesn't it? I assume you took the legendary class, I can’t imagine what that must give, my class is rare and it felt like the world turned itself around.”

Neia inspects Lee for a moment, her eyes filling with mirth. “Well, well, well. Welcome to the glowing eyes club.” Lee stumbles for a moment, as he was walking with excitement towards Neia and Ruven. Looking at her, he exclaims. “The what!?”

Taking out his mirror, he gazes upon himself and sees that his blue eyes are brighter and glowing. After inspecting himself for a few seconds, he nods. “I thought it would look worse.” Neia laughs. Well, are you happy with your choice? I’m sure you’ve got some nice bonuses.”

Lee raises an eyebrow at her while smiling. “Because we’re friends I'm going to let you know a little secret.” Lee slowly walks towards Neia and whispers in her pointy elven ear. “I can cast as many basic spells as I want, they don't cost mana.” Instead of the shock Lee expected to see, he sees Neias mirthy eyes. She leans toward him to whisper back. “Welcome to the club.”

Lee looked upon her in shock. This bitch has a legendary class doesn’t she?

Neia laughs and talks toward Ruven, “Let’s start heading back towards Neldam, it’s only just past noon. Lee got what he came out here for and we don’t need to be out here for a few more weeks..”

Everyone begins to group up together and Neia starts to lead them back towards Neldam. Lee with his giant smile, processes what he has just earned.

28