Chapter 32 (2/2) – Spellbook
457 4 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Anya’s mouth opened slightly, and she stared at Lee, shocked. “You can read Runic?”

“I can read anything. Now, what the fuck is soul-binding?” Lee asked again, frustrated at having potentially been misled.

Anya, after seeing Lee’s agitated state, quickly explains. “It’s an enchantment that links an item to your soul, making it unusable to anybody unless you otherwise allow it. We added it so that nobody can steal it from you and use it themselves easily.”

Deciding to look into this enchantment before he attempts anything with the item, Lee stores the spellbook in his Hidden Cache for later. “I will do my own research into the enchantment before I do anything with it. I was heading towards the consortium after this anyways. Was there anything else you needed from me?”

Sighing and shaking her head, Anya sat back down on her cushioned office chair. “No, that was everything, do all the research you need on the soul-binding enchantment, but we need you to put your spells into the spellbook for tomorrow's lecture.” Lee nods his understanding and leaves the room.

Once outside Anya’s office, Lee makes his way across the connection to the other clinic wing, looking to heal those he can while here for his class quest. Then, ending up in the waiting room, he checks in with the receptionist to see how many in-patients are in. After looking through the list, Lee had an idea. “Could you gather all those who need healing to a singular room? I have a method of taking care of them all at once.” Lee asked as he passed the patient list back to the receptionist. Blinking owlishly, the receptionist gave a simple nod and left to do as Lee asked.

After waiting for a few minutes, the receptionist returned. “They’re all in room four.” She said, walking past Lee and sitting back in her chair. Lee smiled lightly and made his way toward room four to test another of his newest skills.

Opening the door, Lee entered and examined the few patients that were admitted since his last visit, noticing that they were coughing and looked very weary. Activating his Medical Attention, Lee got a diagnosis on each of them, revealing the same results.

Diagnosis - Influenza A - Influenza B is a type of influenza virus that primarily infects humanoids. Influenza B viruses are responsible for seasonal flu outbreaks, though typically causing milder illness compared to Influenza A. They share similar symptoms, including fever, cough, sore throat, body aches, fatigue, and respiratory distress.

Well, that’s a lot more comprehensive than I originally imagined it would be…

Activating his Healer’s Beacon skill, Lee began to faintly glow in silverly white light, healing all those within 10x10 meters with his Healer’s Touch ability.

The group of elves quickly began to gain color in their faces, and the coughing sounds slowed until the room was dead silent. The elves were staring at Lee, eyes wide and jaws to the floor as they took in his glowing visage. “Well, you’re all healed now. You’re free to leave.” Lee said as he toggled his Healer’s Beacon off. The elves looked at one another and slowly began to stand and leave, saying quiet thanks to Lee.

As the last elf left the room, Lee checked his class quest.

Path of the Healer. 1/5

Heal a total of Five hundred Health.

92/500.

Ten health per illness? Or does the type of illness matter?

Pondering about his class quest progression, Lee began to make his way out of the clinic and headed toward the Consortium of Magical Scholars to learn about the Soul-Binding enchantment and to hopefully create his first void spell.

Arriving at the consortium, Lee began to make his way to the library to find a book about the types of enchantments. Entering the library and spotting the librarian, Lee began walking up to the front desk. “Do you know where I can find a book about the types of enchantments? I have an item with an enchantment I’m not familiar with and would like to know its effects.” The librarian smiled. “Certainly, I look forward to your lecture tomorrow. The lecture hall has never had good use. Always used for bickering against one another.” The librarian said as he wrote down the location of the book Lee was looking for.

Thanking the librarian, Lee took the noted location and quickly found the book he was looking for.

After Speed Reading through the book, Lee discovered information about a multitude of enchantments. All familiar and on par with the enchantment he read about in his previous reading into enchanting, plus a few extra details. For example, the enchantment used to create a Bag of Holding was called Dimensional Pocket.

Dimensional Pocket: Enchants an object to contain an extradimensional space, providing extra storage capacity or a secret hiding place.

The information found on soul-binding was relieving.

Soul-binding - This powerful enchantment establishes a profound connection between the enchanted object and the essence of a living being, binding them together on a spiritual level. This bond ensures that it can only be wielded or controlled effectively by the bonded soul.

Letting a smile come to his lips, Lee exhaled a breath he didn’t know he was holding. Not getting soul fucked… and I guess souls are a real thing. Is that what Death collects?

Happy with what he found, Lee stood and placed the book on one of the return trollies, and made his way to the training room.

Arriving at the training room and going to the same spot he used before, Lee wondered about what kind of spell he should make with his new Void element and quickly came to a conclusion.

Gathering his void mana and using the feeling of nothing, Lee attempted to create a black hole down the range; an almost imperceptive swishing sound came from down range, but nothing else appeared to have happened.

Having failed for the first time, creating a spell that actually cost his mana, Lee felt a slight headache appear from nowhere; Lee checked his mana.

MP: 18/168

Oh…

21