Chapter 4 – Survival Exam
900 2 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“I should have expected the written exam to be used like this but no written exams yay” The last thing Ren saw was Professor Cassandra's face looking betrayed.

The majority of the professors voted for this survival exam to happen but there were a few professors who were left in the dark about it.

After all the minority wouldn't agree with teleporting students to an island nobody knows where except the professors who agreed

At that moment Ren knew what his adviser was doing at the moment.

She was probably going around the academy looking for an explanation.

Looking around his surrounding, Ren was somewhere in the middle of the forest.

It wasn't a good starting point, Ren knew that everyone was in a panic, soon it would attract the monsters around the place.

“The trees will be an advantage”  Gathering wind around his feet he leaped onto a tree branch.

Having the high ground was an advantage, the novel specified most of the monsters were ground-reliant.

Goblins, orcs, wolves.

Those were the only monsters encountered by Hecate.

Ren shouldn't rely too much on what she saw, there might be more not mentioned in the novel.

Leaping to another branch, he continued to move forward. 

Rens's affinity was air and electric, it wasn't rare to have a duel affinity but what hindered him from going up the class.was his lack of mana and his electricity affinity needing a requirement to use.

He had to use what he could use at the moment, Stopping on a branch.

Waves of mana were going all around the place, Air affinity was the most sensitive when it comes to mana.

“Someone’s already fighting” Ren went in the opposite direction of the mana, he doesn’t wanna make unnecessary enemies on the island.

In a couple of hours, the sounds of screams were all over the island.

While Ren found a cave to camp in, he took out the tent inside of his bag and started to set it up.

He took some sticks while leaping around the trees, He would make a bone fire when it was near nighttime.

The cave was neatly hidden which was neat for a good hiding spot, Ren scouted the area before entering it, Making sure the cave wasn’t a monster's territory.

he sat down took a book from his bag and started reading, Ren already double-checked everything.

He’ll just camp here for today and keep moving the next day, the 1st day isn’t so bad compared to the upcoming days ahead.

It was a survival exam, after all, not a fight-to-the-death exam, not everyone had that conclusion. 

This was the perfect time to kill anyone you have a grudge against.

*

A pile of monster corpses was stacked as Hecate sat on top of it.

She was caught off guard by the sudden teleportation, to think the academy would all send them to an unknown island to see which one is worth teaching is rather brutal.

“Humans are quite interesting” She muttered while walking down the hill of corpses.

Hecate was looking for a fun time, it wasn’t her objective but it was her mission, she can do whatever the fuck she wants til she succeeds in her mission.

*Boom*

*Boom*

Sounds of explosions erupted near Hecate.

“A fight!” Hecate yelled in delight as she used Ice magic to move toward the sounds of Explosions.

She was itching to fight something other than monsters.

Jumping out of the trees she stomped her foot on the ground “Ice eruption” Causing a large piece of ice to emerge from the ground.

Startling the two students, one had blonde hair with red eyes and twin tails the other had the same hair color but had emerald-like eyes with braided hair.

“May I join in?”

The two blondes looked at Hecate, surprised to see someone else joining their fight. The one with red eyes and pink tails spoke up first.

“Who are you?” she asked a hint of caution in her voice.

Hecate grinned. “Just a fellow student, looking for some excitement. Mind if I join in?”

The other blonde, with emerald-like eyes, spoke up. “This is between me and her, don't get in the way”

Hecate waved a hand dismissively. “Oh, if that's the case I don't have to ask anymore”

Hecate rushed in closing the gap between her and the blonde with Emerald eyes surprising her.

The Emerald One parried with a sword, quickly countering but was stopped by an ice barrier.

She kicked her away then swung her downward sword firing a fire projectile.

“You call that a projectile?” Hecate scoffed throwing a bigger projectile.

The two projectiles collided with the bigger one winning but were quickly cut down by the braided girl, As the smoke cleared from the explosion, the twin-tailed blonde joined the fray, launching a barrage of magic projectiles at Hecate. However, Hecate simply created an ice shield to deflect the projectiles, then countered with a wave of her ice magic, freezing the twin-tailed blonde in place.

The blonde with emerald-like eyes charged forward, hoping to take advantage of Hecate's focus on her sister. However, Hecate was too quick, dodging the attack and landing a powerful blow to the blonde's stomach with her ice-covered fist.

The blonde staggered back, winded and struggling to catch her breath. Hecate closed in for the finishing blow, forming an ice spike.

“This won’t kill you don’t worry a B-class student should at least be able to live” Hecate Stabbed the braided girl in the stomach, Removing the ice spike, she collapsed on the ground.

“How bout you-“ a fireball flew past, Hecate dodged it and quickly kicked the twin-tailed blonde sending her off into the forest.

“Ah…I kicked her too hard”

26