Chapter 5 – Encounter
926 1 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2 days passed Ren was..bored, he had run out of things to do, and the books he brought were all finished.

He encountered several monsters while changing locations, killed them, and left them, he couldn't take any of the raw materials.

The lack of storage was starting to hit him, if he had a dimensional storage bag he could have put them all in and sold them to a guild.

‘Money, I could have gotten money...’

He was devastated knowing that he could have earned a bit of money while staying here, knowing that money is essential now that every plan he was gonna do needed money.

Ren walked along another path, everything looks the same in the Forest but he put marks by carving an x near a tree in every path he went to, if he didn’t he was sure he would have been going around circles.

He hasn’t seen a human for 2 days and it was good, no conflicts and no problems whatsoever.

Hecate was probably far away from his area, he has not seen ice or fire magic around the forest so it was a sign of a calm before the storm

‘If things are going too well then expect something bad to happen, isn’t that how this type of novel usually goes”

As he continued to move forward, he finally saw someone, and that person was laying on the ground covered in bruises.

The girl was blonde and was probably a noble, he has not seen anyone who has blonde hair and said hey I’m a commoner!

Was it his problem? Not at all and so he tried to walk away “help…”

His leg was grabbed.

Ren sighed, he was thinking of leaving her here but now his conscience wouldn’t let him do that, she was conscious and will most likely remember him and hunt him for the rest of his life if she dies here.

What if she dies? Wouldn’t it be your fault, no it wouldn’t nobles like her to die from their stupidity.

2 different voices were talking in his head, he shook his head and decided to carry the Girl.

She might be a noble, he hates them but they have money.

If he could make a connection then it’s a beneficial connection.

Thinking about the future Ren looked for a place to stay and he found another cave. ‘Caves are always empty, why is that?’

After 2 days of exploration in the forest, the caves were mostly empty, it wasn’t normal.

Taking out a blanket, he put her down. He removed the uniform first. Leaving her with only a white undershirt and a skirt, he covered her with the blanket to keep her warm.

Ren sat down next to her, observing her injuries. It seemed like she had been in a serious fight. Bruises covered her face and arms, and there were signs of cuts and scratches on her legs. He reached into his bag to fetch some bandages.

‘I’m gonna do this?’

‘Did they ever help you when you needed it? Do you think she’ll return the favor?’

Removing his useless thoughts, Ren started bandaging her wounds, After he was done, her face had a look of comfort. 

Ren couldn't help but feel a strange sense of satisfaction as he looked at the girl's face, now relieved from the pain of her injuries. Despite his initial reluctance to help her, he couldn't ignore the fact that he had made a difference in someone else's life. It was a small act of kindness, but it mattered.

As he sat beside her, Ren's thoughts wandered to his own past experiences. He had faced hardships and challenges without anyone to lend a helping hand. The nobles he had encountered in his life had shown little regard for the struggles of commoners like him. Yet, here he was, tending to a noble girl's wounds.

The two conflicting voices in Ren's head continued their argument. On one hand, there was the cynic reminding him of the nobles' indifference and selfishness. On the other hand, there was a glimmer of hope, a belief that perhaps not all nobles were the same.

Ren pushed aside the negative thoughts and focused on the present. He didn't know this girl's story, and it wasn't fair to judge her based on the actions of others. She needed help, and he had the means to provide it.

Ren decided to stay by her side until she regained consciousness. He didn't want her waking up alone and scared. As time passed, he observed her breathing slowly becoming more steady and peaceful. It seemed like she was on the path to recovery.

While he waited, Ren took a moment to reflect on his motivations. Was he truly helping her out of kindness, or was he driven by the prospect of benefiting from a potential connection? He had to admit that both factors played a role in his decision. 

The opportunity to establish a beneficial connection with someone of higher status was too valuable to ignore, especially considering his own financial needs.

However, Ren also realized that his actions were not solely motivated by personal gain. There was a part of him that genuinely wanted to make a positive impact on someone's life, regardless of their social standing. 

Perhaps his mother’s words still are in his mind over the years.

Ren leaned back against the cave wall, his eyes fixated on the girl as she slept. He knew that once she woke up, their paths would inevitably intertwine, for better or for worse.

*

Lisa Emberwind woke up covered by a blanket, a warm campfire near her, and a Guy Sleeping beside her.

she didn’t know what happened after losing consciousness but she encountered someone and asked for help.

Her uniform was gone but she noticed that she had bandages wrapped around the wounds.

The Guy sleeping beside her was the one who helped, she stared at her savior.

Black hair.

It was a common hair color, He was sleeping peacefully.

She continued to look around, she was in a cave and a tent was set up.

‘Why wasn’t I sleeping in the tent? Why is he sleeping here instead of in the tent?’

A small amount of mana was leaking from the tent.

“Is that a bomb?”

“Yes”

She jolted, looking beside her we’re 2 pairs of dark eyes. ‘Too close’

“So May I know what happened?”

28