Chapter 10 – Strike
937 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

*BANG*

Lisa’s fist hit the ogre's chest again but compared to the first hit, it was weaker, seeing as it was getting used to her punches, she quickly backed away.

Not wasting time, Ren took out his sword and switched places with Lisa.

The Lighting gathered around the sword with a swing, it cut and shocked the ogre as it tried to regain its balance.

It roared in pain, “Lisa! Hit him in the back, we'll have to finish it fast before it gets enraged” Ren who was filled with adrenaline Slashed multiple times at the Ogre.

Causing blood to splat onto his clothes, the Evolved ogre regaining its balance swung its club at Ren as it approached.

Ren blocked with his sword *BANG* A collision between the two caused a loud bang as the electricity from the sword and the fire from the evolved ogres Collided.

Sparks flew as the fire and electricity collided in a dazzling display of light. 

The impact created a burst of energy, temporarily blinding both Ren and the ogre. 

*Crack*

The sounds of something breaking Gave Ren a reminder, ‘I forgot I took this from the training center’

As soon as he got his eyesight back, a familiar blonde hair was thrown at him.

Dropping the broken sword he catches Lisa, swiftly dodging another swing of the Ogre. 

“Thanks.”

“Oh, conscious this time?”

“Talk later, fight now” She jumped out of his carry, stomping on the floor.

A circle of fire surrounded them, “Isn't it about time she stepped in?”

“She'll step in when we're about to die” Ren responded calmly as he threw another bolt of lightning.

“Isn’t she a big shot from the kingdom of Lunarael?”

“What happened to talking later?” Ren, seeing as they had run out of options, decided to do what he always wanted to do with his electric magic.

 “Keep it at bay, I have one last trick”

“I’m Almost out of mana, make sure this last trick counts” Lisa Glanced at Ren and saw him grinning, ‘He’s gone crazy?’

The ogre burst through the wall of fire, swinging its barely lit club at the two, Ren Jumped on a nearby tree, as Lisa prepared to Take on the Ogre.

As the wall of fire extinguished, the ogre ran past Lisa ‘Wait it’s chasing me now?!’

Ren unable to focus on the Ogre Chasing after him was Quickly Losing his momentum, Losing focus, Sparks of electricity gathered around his body. “It’s incomplete but I really wanna see how effective it is”

Jumping off the tree.

*BOOM*

A loud Bang Echoed around the forest, The dust settled leaving the evolved ogre with only 1 arm left the other was completely blown off.

*ROAR*

It roared in agony and anger, as miasma started to gather around it.

‘I missed’ Ren was currently on the ground, after using Voltage strike, a move that required a sword.

He had to lunge 2 times to grab the broken sword and force himself to change trajectory leading to him Missing and hitting several trees in the process.

He lay on the ground as his entire body shut down, ‘This is it, I hope it was a good show for you

 Ren blinked, his entire body was in pain and yet at the same time wasn’t, he didn’t know but the last thing he saw was The rain.

The ogre entered its enraged state, the flames turned blue and before it could do anything, its shadow started to Enlarge devouring it whole.

Luna Jumped down from her seat and walked towards the Ogre as it struggled inside of the shadow. With a single clench from her hand, the shadow Minimized to the point it was a toy ball.

Killing the evolved ogre, the shadow Vanished leaving the head of the Ogre  as the rest of the shadow devoured its entire body “To think she would teach a person with almost no Mana”

Lisa, completely drained of her mana, Collapsed as the rain completely drenched the three of them. Luna walked over to her “Mana contract from the family of Emberwind?” 

She couldn't Reply but Luna continued speaking “Giving 8-2 in the contract is quite Bold Even if you did have that much Mana stored it would weaken you immensely”

‘I don’t regret it’ Even if she had given 5-5 on the Contract, it would have still been a long shot for her to beat an evolved monster with the current her.

“As promised’ll be taking care of you two for the rest of the exam for giving me an entertaining show” Luna snapped her fingers, their shadows devouring the three people.

“Tsk, I Missed it” Hecate muttered as she arrived on the Scene. Seeing the Destruction around the place, she sighed knowing that she won’t be able to find them. ‘Luna has a domain after all

As the exams ended, the rest of the Academy students were transported back into their classrooms, The Majority returned unconscious because of injuries and the lack of food and water, some were missing presumed to be dead.

The Professors who weren’t aware were angry by this but were unable to do anything at the moment. The Principal Gave a Warning to those who allowed this to happen “

The Academy was temporarily closed down, Ren was still unconscious but the Emberwind family is currently letting him stay in their mansion.

13