3.1
51 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I should have stopped. This feeling has been growing on me as I proceed down the road. At first, it seemed good; a flat, straight road that stretched on forever. However, soon enough, the light from the entrance stopped reaching me, and I had to rely on my night vision ability. After traversing a wireframe-like passageway for a while, like an old video game, I entered a natural cave.

This proved to be quite troublesome. Firstly, it was completely undeveloped; the ground was uneven, and many stones were strewn about. Water seeped out here and there, creating puddles, some of which were so large that there was no way to pass through them.

Next, there were the small inhabitants - insects and small animals. Mouse-like creatures were still tolerable, but when I saw something resembling a centipede combined with a devilish spider, I was convinced that I had entered another world.

Finally, the environment was unpleasant: damp, cold, and the ground was too smooth. The walls were numbingly smooth too. Stepping in just a little brought the sight of a dangerous-looking creature that I had never seen before.

I thought to myself that this fucking catalog will pass. I want to improve this environment even if it means borrowing money. But even the basic life pack comes at a price. How long will it take to transform this cave? I must compare the prices of other builders to get a competitive estimate.

My good shoes helped. Camping alone was one of my hobbies, and I had purchased these shoes for outdoor use; they kept me from falling over on the terrible ground. However, I must do something about the cave before these shoes are ruined.

My shoes were fine, but my clothes were not. I was just wearing a black jersey for lounging around the house, and in such a terrible environment, it would soon become impossible to wear. But from what circumstances was I taken away? I don't remember.

Anyway, I struggled to move forward like this for a while. Then, there was a change in my vision. The white in the black and white world became stronger. In other words, I saw the light. When I turned off my night vision ability, I could see the light at the end of the road.

I took a step forward. Suddenly, a tremendous number of wings echoed from overhead - not an insect.

"A bat!?"

I immediately used my arms to protect my face from something falling. The sound of several bat umbrellas opening and closing resounded for a while before it subsided. Did they go out or did they go inside? I hope it was the former.

I tried to see what this was while shaking off what was hanging on my head. If the light reaches here, I can see colors. The color was black. Feeling dry. If you look at it, there is quite a bit at your feet... this is poop!

"Ghee! It's poop!"

I gagged as I tried to get it off my body. So, I remembered. Isn't it true that bat droppings can cause diseases, just like rat droppings? It's a vague knowledge, but it would be premature to assume it's harmless.

Just in case, I washed my face and head with the water seeping out from the wall. Aside from the puddles, I would like to think that this place is somewhat cleaner now.

I took off my jersey and washed it, using it instead of a towel, and washed it again. After squeezing out the water, I tied the sleeves and draped it over my shoulder like an old TV producer. All right.

"Well, let's go."

I should have stopped, but the path kept going. At first, it was a pleasant journey on a flat, straight road that seemed to stretch on forever. However, soon the light from the core ceased to reach me, and I had to rely on my night vision ability. After passing through a wireframe-like passageway, like an old video game, I found myself in a natural cave.

This proved to be a troublesome development. The cave was completely undeveloped, with uneven ground and numerous stones scattered about. Puddles of water seeped through the rocks, making it hard to navigate, and I encountered various insects and small animals. While I could tolerate mouse-like creatures, I was terrified when I saw a devilish hybrid of a centipede and a spider, confirming that I had entered another world.

Finally, the environment was harsh: damp, cold, and eerie. The walls were too smooth and numb to the touch, and dangerous creatures lurked around every corner.

I continued onwards until I reached the entrance. The sky was a deep shade of red, indicating that it was evening. The wind was cold but clear, and tall grass grew thickly in front of the cave, making it hard to break through. I could see the forest beyond, but there were no signs of human habitation.

I had an inexplicable feeling as I stepped outside to confirm my suspicions. However, I soon found that I could not move my legs beyond the entrance. It was as though my body had been programmed to stop. I knew it was because of the megalith, and I felt guilty about destroying it. At the same time, I couldn't help feeling that my life was in my grasp.

Realizing that I had no choice but to become a Dungeon Master, I felt a sense of shock and depression. Nevertheless, I accepted my situation and resolved to improve the environment, build a living space, and acquire defensive forces. I couldn't rely on the catalog, so I had to trust in myself and others.

As I stepped back into the cave to return to the first room, I wondered if I had to go back down that same road. I felt disappointed and heartbroken.

2