7.2
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Guardian Employment System is a unique system that establishes contracts between humans and demi-humans, rather than with monsters, through the dungeon core. The contract process is similar to that of monsters, and the dungeon master takes responsibility for providing food, clothing, and shelter. The dungeon master will also cover the cost of resurrection, although the decision to resurrect will be made on a case-by-case basis. The resurrection fee varies depending on the individual's abilities.

In principle, no salary will be paid. Instead, the reward is the opportunity to live within the dungeon. This tradition dates back to a time when dungeons were considered the safest havens. However, this approach may seem outdated in modern times, so it is common to consult with experts once the dungeon's income becomes stable. In other words, working in our dungeon would be unpaid labor.

It's quite troublesome. The first major challenge is whether people will be willing to participate in a venture that offers no immediate rewards. However, since Ms. Järvenpaa assures me it will be fine, I try not to dwell on this concern.

The next challenge is the clear time commitment required compared to working with monsters. After all, humans possess individual wills. Personality clashes, communication breakdowns, and dissatisfaction with the working environment are all potential issues that come to mind. It's a lot to think about and can be overwhelming.

Yes, it's referred to as the Guardian Employment System, but essentially, it involves hiring people. It's not something to be taken lightly. The downside is that humans are involved, but being human can also be advantageous, don't you think?

"Would it be possible for me to conduct an interview?"

"Of course. I will make sure to connect you with the appropriate person."

In other words, until the last moment, it's uncertain who will show up for the interview. ...Well, if someone doesn't seem suitable, I can always reject them. I genuinely hope for the continued well-being and success of Mr. It's a shame that all these memories linger.

"...With ten coins, are you able to match our strongest Sylph Elite? Is there such a person?"

"Yes, absolutely! We have individuals with exceptional skills in magic, miracles, and martial arts. Allow me to introduce you to a human candidate."

In this fantasy world, humans possess fighting abilities comparable to, or even greater than, that of monsters. There is no concept of leveling up here. If it were that simple, there would be no challenges.

It's quite bothersome. I have many concerns, but for now, I have decided to proceed with the system. Since I have the freedom to choose whether to hire them or not, I was assured that I could always switch to a monster as a last resort.

"Well then, take care of yourself."

"Yes, I appreciate the consideration... I mean."

Ah, excuse me, I clear my throat. Ms. Järvenpaa raises one finger with a serious expression.

"In order to accommodate humans, it is crucial to provide them with suitable living arrangements. While monsters can endure rough conditions to some extent, it's not the same for humans."

"Well, yes."

"What I mean is that it would be inconvenient to welcome Guardians into a living environment that is exclusively used by the Dungeon Master."

"What?"

I instinctively respond with a question. Well, there's nothing inherently wrong with that. I don't feel guilty about it, of course. But it's only natural to be prepared when inviting strangers, especially women, into your living space.

Cleaning, tidying up... Alright. The slimes can handle the cleaning, and the kobolds can assist with maintenance. There shouldn't be any issue with inviting someone now... or at least there shouldn't be.

"If it's inconvenient, then of course I can cancel it. But if you're willing to introduce the Guardian..."

"No, it's alright. Please proceed."

"...Is that really okay?"

"Because joining a new force can be a matter of life and death..."

"Seriously, are you sure!?"

It seems like it's going to require a considerable amount of effort. Well, it appears that Ms. Järvenpaa is enthusiastic about it, even though she claims that there are only a limited number of individuals available for selection. I'm not sure why she's so excited.

"I'm sure, so please come over."

"Then I'll hurry up! ...No, let me make some preparations, and I'll contact you again, alright? Just wait a moment! I'll be right back!"

After saying that, the communication was abruptly cut off. ...Come to think of it, she was a bit clumsy from the very beginning. ...Maybe it's better to have a higher level of excitement?

After a while, approximately 30 minutes or so, the calling bell from the monster catalog rang.

"Yes, Miyama Dungeon..."

"Thank you for waiting! I'm ready to disturb you now!"

Somehow, Ms. Järvenpaa seemed to shine with an extra 20% brightness. And at the edge of the screen, several men and women in uniform (all of them handsome and beautiful) were visible. ...Well, that's good. It's fine to make a witty remark and drag it out a bit.

The method of inviting humans to the dungeon isn't overly complicated. Just place your hand on the cover of the catalog and imagine in your mind that you want to invite them. After that, the core and the book will handle the rest.

When I actually tried it, the reaction was immediate. A magic circle appeared on the floor, with a radius of about one meter. A red glow gradually intensified over the course of several seconds, shining brightly.

Ms. Järvenpaa, who appeared, was still stunning enough to captivate my gaze. She had sleek black hair and captivating amber eyes, and her sales skills were excellent. If it weren't for the circumstances, I might have fallen in love with her. However, given the current situation, she managed to maintain her composure.

By the way, she was carrying a large handbag. I wonder if it's filled with some kind of item that is bulging out. Well, that's not a problem. The issue lies in her expression. She appeared to be on the verge of tears.

"...Welcome. Ah, this is our first time meeting in this manner. I'm always grateful for your assistance... So, what seems to be the matter?"

"Oh, well... I got scolded by my boss for being too excited about coming here... I received a warning. Um, please come with everyone to the dungeon."

"That's very considerate of you."

It seems that the incident unfolded quickly between our communication and the summoning. Honestly, that level of excitement was a bit overwhelming, and I wouldn't have known how to handle it, so I'm grateful. Thank you, Boss.

"Then, where should we start our search?"

"Let's begin with the residential area... but before that."

She placed her hand on her chest and bowed to the dungeon core. She remained in that position for a few seconds, displaying a considerable level of politeness. It's as if she's showing respect to nobles and gods. It was quite amusing when it was mentioned that she would be coming to the dungeon.

"Thank you for your patience. Well then, let's get started. Thank you."

1