Ch150- Abyss
38 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They continued forward, the illusions becoming more frequent and complex. Jack’s mind was working at full capacity, deciphering the real threats from the fake ones.

Out of nowhere, a loud, piercing sound filled the air, disorienting and overwhelming. Jack gritted his teeth, trying to maintain his balance as the Sonic Disruptors did their work.

Lysander, too, was affected, but his experience with manipulating gravitational forces allowed him to steady himself quicker. “Focus, Jack! Don’t let it get to you,” he shouted over the noise, his voice steady.

Jack nodded, finding his footing. He focused inward, his haki acting as a beacon in the chaotic environment.

Then, a shadow loomed over them, large and threatening. Jack’s eyes snapped up, catching sight of a Chimera Guardian, its body a mix of various beasts, ready to strike.

“Real!” Jack called out, his body moving instinctively.

Lysander was right there with him, his body responding with trained precision. They moved together, a seamless unit, taking on the Chimera Guardian.

The real terror of the setup became apparent in the heat of their confrontation. Jack and Lysander were fully engaged with the Chimera Guardian, their moves synchronized in a deadly dance. The creature was a formidable opponent, a grotesque amalgamation of various beasts, each part contributing to its lethal potential.

Just as they seemed to be gaining the upper hand, the environment shifted abruptly. Jack, whose senses were stretched to their limits, felt a sudden disorientation. What was once in front of him was now behind, and vice versa. The Chimera, previously at his back, now loomed large before him, while Lysander was inexplicably behind him.

His instincts screamed at him to defend from the front, where his observation haki pinpointed the immediate threat. However, his eyes were betraying a different story, urging him to turn and defend from behind. In that split second, Jack made a decision. He closed his eyes, shutting out the visual lie before him, and trusted wholly in his haki.

With a deep breath, he centered himself, feeling the surge of energy and focus that came with trusting his instincts. He braced for impact, ready to counter the Chimera’s strike.

The beast lunged, its movements swift and deadly. Jack responded in kind, his fists meeting its flesh with a powerful strike. The impact resonated through his body, but he held strong, trusting in his training and instincts.

Lysander, realizing the trickery at play, quickly adapted. He moved with a speed and precision that belied his size, his body flowing like water as he navigated the chaotic battlefield. “Trust your instincts, Jack! Don’t let the illusions fool you!” he shouted, his voice cutting through the dissonance.

Jack nodded, his focus unwavering. He could feel the Sonic Disruptors working to throw off his balance, the high-pitched whine trying to burrow into his brain. But he pushed it aside, his willpower and haki acting as a shield against the assault.

The Chimera roared in frustration, its attacks becoming more ferocious as it realized its usual tactics were ineffective. Jack could feel the beast’s desperation, its movements becoming more predictable as it lost its composure.

Lysander was right there with him, his attacks a complement to Jack’s own. Together, they were a formidable team, their movements fluid and synchronized.

However, the Mirage Mirrors were relentless, their illusions becoming more complex and disorienting. Jack found himself second-guessing every move, every strike. But he held onto his focus, his trust in his haki unwavering.

As the battle wore on, Jack could feel the strain on his body. The constant barrage of illusions, the disorienting sounds, it was all taking its toll. But he pushed through, his determination and willpower driving him forward.

Finally, with a powerful strike, Jack landed a decisive blow on the Chimera, sending it sprawling to the ground, incapacitated. He stood tall, his breaths heavy but controlled, his body aching but resilient.

Stepping cautiously into the next segment of Vegapunk's complex labyrinth, Jack and Lysander felt a sudden shift in the atmosphere. The noisy disruptions and chaotic illusions of the previous room faded away, replaced by a stifling silence that wrapped around them like a thick veil. They exchanged wary glances, instinctively tightening their guards as they ventured deeper into the quiet expanse.

Lysander's usually stoic expression twisted into one of concentration as he tried to make sense of their surroundings. For a few moments, he walked in silence, his brows furrowed deeply. Suddenly, realization dawned upon his face, and he came to an abrupt stop, his complexion paling slightly as cold sweat beaded on his forehead.

"Jack," he breathed out, his voice laced with a rare hint of urgency. "We need to be extremely careful here. This place... it's different from the others."

Jack turned to face him, his senses alert and ready for an explanation. "What's going on? What is this place?"

Lysander took a deep breath, trying to steady his nerves as he spoke. "This area is filled with Abyssal Traps. They're concealed chasms, pockets of intense vacuum disguised as solid ground. Our weight can trigger them, and if that happens, we'll be sucked into a labyrinth beneath the island. And it's not just any labyrinth; it’s filled with pressurized water chambers. Escaping from there is nearly impossible."

Jack’s eyes narrowed as he processed the information. "And Observation Haki won’t work here?"

Lysander shook his head gravely. "Exactly. Haki can help us perceive intentional attacks, but these traps are random. A misstep, and we're done for."

The gravity of the situation weighed heavily on Jack’s shoulders, but his face remained impassive, betraying none of his inner turmoil. He took a moment to gather his thoughts before speaking. “Any loophole?”

Lysander shook his head, his expression tight with concern as he addressed Jack, “Only the key holders can traverse this area without setting off the traps. Given that Caesar was the one to initiate this security measure, my access card is rendered useless.”

Jack felt a wave of apprehension wash over him. It was clear that proceeding with brute force or sheer luck was out of the question in this precarious situation. He decided to take a moment to assess their options, seating himself carefully on the ground. His mind raced through various strategies, weighing the risks and benefits of each.

“Lysander, have you ever come across information about an advanced form of Observation Haki?” Jack’s voice cut through the silence, his question catching Lysander slightly off guard.

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic

4