Ch154- Suprise!
103 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to take a moment to share something with you all. As some of you might have noticed, the frequency of our weekly chapters has gone down a bit recently. I'm navigating through some challenging times right now, and it's been impacting my ability to maintain our usual pace.

I really appreciate your understanding and continued support during this period. Your patience and encouragement mean a lot to me. I'm committed to keeping the story alive and will do my best to deliver quality content, even if it's a bit less frequent for now.

Thanks for sticking around and for being such an awesome community!

--

With a flash of white, Kai and the group of Captains and Lieutenants reappeared in the 1st Division of the Soul Society. Their surroundings, usually a place of calm authority, now emanated tension.

Kai turned his eyes to Ichigo and Urahara, his expression unreadable but intent. "It is time," he simply stated.

Ichigo, his face etched with determination, nodded. They had discussed this at length. There was no need for further elaboration. "I'm ready," he replied. To lure the Quincy, he had to go to Hueco Mundo, and he was prepared to play the bait. Urahara was as jovial as ever.

As the Captains and Lieutenants looked on, understanding the gravity of the situation, murmurs filled the air. They had to prepare and support Ichigo in this dangerous endeavor.

Shunsui Kyoraku addressed the gathering. "We have to ensure Ichigo's mission succeeds. Every Captain and Lieutenant should be prepared for any surprise attacks from the Quincies."

Others nodded, the weight of the upcoming battle pressing heavily on their shoulders. A palpable tension permeated the room, thick and inescapable. At Kai's gesture, a shimmering portal materialized before them. It pulsed with an inviting energy, though what lay on the other side was anything but inviting.

Without hesitation, Ichigo stepped through, and the scene before him changed dramatically. The glaring brightness of Hueco Mundo's white sands contrasted sharply with the somber mood of the Soul Society. The endless expanse of desolate dunes stretched out before him, the skies above eerily silent.

Kai trailed closely behind Ichigo, his lazy demeanor momentarily set aside as he took in their surroundings. "Remember," he started, sounding almost bored despite the situation, "the moment the Quincy take the bait, I'll get you out. Until then..." he trailed off, indicating the vast desert around them with a lazy wave.

"I know," Ichigo said, determination evident in his voice. "I'll create enough noise to get their attention."

Kai smirked. "Just don't overdo it. I'd rather not come to your rescue."

As Ichigo vanished into the white expanse of Hueco Mundo, the air back in the 1st Division was thick with tension and unspoken fears. Zaraki, ever the eager fighter, turned his sharp gaze towards Kai, a question burning in his eyes. "What now?"

Kai sighed, running a hand through his hair in a rare show of exasperation. "Now, I visit the boss to let them know I am not in Soul Society. Or they might not come at all."

Zaraki’s face twisted into a smirk, the thrill of an upcoming battle lighting up his eyes. "Sounds like a damn good plan."

With another flash of white, Kai disappeared, leaving the Soul Society’s strongest warriors in a state of readiness, each lost in their own thoughts and preparations.

Kai reappeared in a secluded part of Hueco Mundo, away from Ichigo’s position.

In a secluded corner of Hueco Mundo, a vast expanse of desolate white dunes stretched endlessly. However, a peculiar sight stood out among the blinding monotony: a grandiose throne occupied by a formidable figure. As Kai's gaze met the occupant's, he called out with a teasing tone, "Yo, I heard you gave me a cool nickname. 'Kai, the unknown'. Gotta say, I love it."

At first, Yhwach looked visibly taken aback, his sharp eyes widening momentarily. But then, his expression morphed into one of amusement, the corners of his lips curving upwards into a self-assured smirk. "To think you'd walk into my domain so casually," Yhwach remarked, a hint of genuine surprise lacing his voice. "Your title is well-deserved, it seems."

Kai responded with a nonchalant shrug, the epitome of his characteristic laziness shining through. "I thought, 'Why not?' You did call me over, after all."

The air grew thick with tension as Yhwach grinned, revealing a hint of malice. "Then stay here forever," he declared. And, as if his words held the weight of the universe itself, an intricate barrier enveloped Kai, sealing him within its confines.

Kai glanced at the barrier, not showing any immediate signs of distress. However, he couldn't help but let out a low chuckle. "Bold move."

Yhwach's laughter echoed across the dunes, filled with genuine amusement. "I was pondering how I could bait you out, but you've saved me the trouble. This is truly fortuitous."

Turning his attention to a trusted aide by his side, Yhwach's demeanor shifted to that of a leader readying his troops. "Ichigo and Urahara Kisuke have entered Hueco Mundo, and now, with Kai the Unknown ensnared in our grasp, there is no better opportunity to strike the heart of Soul Society. Notify the Stern Ritter! The Vandenreich will begin its invasion!"

Arriving above the barrier, Yhwach floated with an air of menacing grace. With a faint ripple, he descended through it, landing amidst the Captains of the Gotei 13 gathered in the open grounds of the Seireitei. Their postures stiffened, a collective intake of breath marking their surprise. None had expected the enemy to appear so brazenly in their midst.

The tension was palpable, the surprise etched on every face, from Kyoraku's subdued frown to Hitsugaya's icy stare. Eyes flickered, hands went to Zanpakuto hilts, but no one moved just yet. The presence of the Quincy King amongst them was a strategy no one had predicted.

Yhwach surveyed his audience, the corners of his mouth twitching upwards with disdain. His eyes, however, searched for one figure in particular. When he spoke, his voice was a low rumble that vibrated through the very air. "Where is Yamamoto?"

The Captains exchanged glances, none stepping forward to answer the implicit challenge. It was then that a casual, almost bored voice cut through the tension. "He is dead." All eyes snapped to the source, finding, to their astonishment, Kai—still ensnared within Yhwach's trap—sitting nonchalantly atop the throne that was, until moments ago, firmly placed in Hueco Mundo.

Kai lounged with one leg draped over the armrest, an image of idleness. The fact that he had moved both himself and Yhwach’s throne, all the while remaining inside the barrier, was a clear testament to his power—yet he wore it as lightly as a summer robe. His posture spoke volumes; he could leave whenever he wanted, yet he chose to remain.

----

Read 45(15 chapters for each novel) advanced chapters in my Patreon!

patreon.com/IWriteFanfic

3