Chapter 3
10.4k 6 118
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
" Wait are they like; the Night Gaunts from my world you know almost like a demon but has no face whatsoever," said Vanessa slightly afraid she'll be forever stuck a faceless monster.
" Don't worry that's their just their outer shell" stated Vix catching Vanessa by surprise "underneath they have almost the same features as a demon but less fire and brimstone but more inky shadowy darkness" Vix confirmed
" So, in other words, you'll be able to keep your looks just with a few extra parts: wings, tail, horns, and a retractable outer shell," said Cassandra further helping reassure Vanessa
"But hey look on the bright side you'll be able to customize how you look both with the shell on and off so you have a lot of control over your looks" stated Lilith with a grin that almost looked envious
Vanessa began to calm down and began to ground herself until she was calm before she spoke.
" Thank you," she began " and ... I'm ready she confirmed."
All the gods and goddesses smiled and all of a sudden a weird blue screen popped in front of her face.
 
 
Character creation has been initialized.
Race has been perma-locked to Night Gaunt
Physical form will be mirrored onto new body
customization of the users outer protective shell
as well as physical body is now possible
please proceed with character creation...
 
Then Vanessa was greeted with her new form displayed in front of her, the overall look was that of a human being but with key differences one she was encased in the black carapace two she had a pair of wings horns and one wickedly sharp almost spear-like tail. the overall outer appearance didn't have that much customization other than the fact that she could add certain appendages which although esthetically looked cool they were essentially useless in most cases. But some were useful such as spikes around the knuckles and toes which Vanessa could surmise would be quite useful in combat which is why she decided to add them but that was about it. Then when she was finished altering the spikes to be more like studs that way she won't have to worry about the large spikes on her knuckles limiting her hands mobility in her armored form she decided it was time and selected the main body tab on the selection screen and readied herself for her new look and the first thing she did was yell at the god Venator to shut his eyes along with all the other goddesses when her main body appeared... completely... nude. Vanessa was embarrassed out of her mind especially when she caught the goddesses peaking and blushing while she began her customization. First thing she did was press the clothes tab, then she began the actual customization, she started by changing a few minor details Vanessa was already confident in her original body and the new... look only seemed to accentuate it especially with the wispy shadows that seemed to caress and accentuate her characters' body what she did change was the overall shape and form of her added extremities they were amazing but she wanted to make sure she could still move and be as mobile she was as a human and that seemed problematic with massive horns and wings first she reduced their size by about half but proceeded to make them proportionally thicker so they won't lose their sturdiness as the size decreased her tale she just made thinner and more of a fluid accessory more like a whip then a long club.
"Maybe I'll be able to use it in combat." Vanessa mused out loud.
 
" It could help in sex to trust me I know," commented Lilith who just so happened to have a tail very similar to Vanessa's new design but in a more reddish color than Vanessa's black one, she was also the only goddesses that just kept staring at Vanessa's body and seemed to enjoy what she saw.
Vanessa was at first awkward because of this but after a while, she got used to her gaze. That is until she heard that comment then she had to deal with a whole nother round of blushing. Finally, Vanessa finished the minute changes she wanted to make.
"All right you all can look know although I can tell most of you were peaking," Vanessa stated staring pointedly at the know more intensely blushing goddesses.
"Ahem ... yes we are ready to transmigrate you, you just have to tell us where you want to be transmigrated to" said Cassandra still unable to hide her blush but still trying to control herself. Then Lilith pulled up a massive map in front of everyone and began to explain.
This map was separated into what seemed to be six different sections all originating from a circular region in the center. Each section was labeled by its respective race.
Vanessa was able to realize that whoever did this was quite lazy considering the races were divided in alphabetical order in a clockwise rotation.
" Ok as you can tell from our earlier arguments you understand there's a war between the humans and elves going on know right?" said Lilith
Vanessa nodded to the question
" Then its pretty obvious there's a lot of racial strife and tension going on right know between nearly all the races so the only neutral zone we can transmigrate you that won't result n your enslavement or death is a cave deep in the forest that borders all the races respectable kingdoms" stated Lilith
Vanessa frowned at this.
" But wouldn't that put me in the middle of all that controversy?" Vanessa asked
Lilith gave a knowing smile at this question
"That's what you would think but you have to realize even though we all represent our respective races we still have to maintain the balance of this world so we each sent a message and a warning to our respective races stating long ago that the forest is neutral territory and that any army or political action towards the claiming or destruction of that forest will result in the instantaneous death of all those involved" said Lilith
Vanessa paled at this and asked the question that was left unspoken
"Have you ever had to enforce that rule?"
Cassandra sighed and spoke "Yeah you see my race decided to misinterpret the warning and due to their dumb pride which surpasses that of even the elves they tried to place themselves as the guardians of the forest because in their minds they are supposedly closest of all the races to godhood and when I warned them I stated that all mortals will be punished and they decided to take advantage of that specific wording,"
Lunari also spoke.
"The elves almost did the same but I made sure to word mine in a way where they couldn't misinterpret it, Cassandra, however, is still stuck in the stereotypical role of communicating to them with extreme metaphors and prophecies because if she doesn't they wouldn't believe it was their goddess speaking to them"
All the gods looked solemn at the memory then Cassandra spoke
" It was decided that the race that defies the warnings executioner would be their own god," Cassandra looked so distraught that Vanessa couldn't help but go over and comfort her as she began to finish her speech.
"I nearly caused my own race to become extinct that day; the only good thing that came from the whole thing is now they are nowhere near as prideful as they where; watching your own goddess slaughter thousands of your soldiers and commanders while crying tears of blood seems to have that effect" she sniffled as she ended her speech and seemingly began to shrink in on herself as she burrowed herself into Vanessa's comforting arms.
Cassandra, after feeling Vanessa's arms wrapping around her in a comforting embrace began to calm down, she had always hated remembering what happened back then there were times when she ever had time alone she would constantly think about what happened back then. 'How could it have been avoided ?', 'How many died ?', ' and deep in the farthest depths of her mind the one question that disgusted her to even think is a question in the first place ' Am I at fault ?'. Because in the end she knew the answer and that was a definite undeniable "Ye.."
"No," said an extremely firm and resolute voice interrupting Cassandra in the middle of her internal monologue.
Cassandra was not only surprised by the tone of the voice but the owner of said voice as well. The owner just so happened to be Vanessa who had been studying Cassandra's face as she started having her breakdown and was able to piece together her thoughts at the time. Those thoughts, after all, were the exact same thoughts she was worried her best friend and her girlfriend would become guilty over considering how she died, Vanessa made sure to stop that seed from being planted before she died and seeing a form of that guilt slowly eating away at Cassandra in such an open way actually made Vanessa very ... angry.
" You are their god their protector yes you are obligated to guide them just like a parent would their own child." Vanessa began staring deeply into Cassandras eyes who was transfixed Vanessa as she began to speak
" But you are also a person and so are they yes you protect them but you also have to punish them as well not just because you have to or because it is your fault but because they tried to take advantage of others as well as you; their own goddess, they knew what your message meant deep down they did but they decided to ignore your warning and instead twisted it to their own ends to serve their own needs." continued Vanessa her gaze further morphing into a mask of rage.
" It is not your fault that their own pride and greed lead to their punishment just like how a parent is not at fault when their child is to be punished for their behavior if said child knew what they were doing was wrong in the first place" at this point all the rage abruptly left Vanessa's face and she began to speak in a softer tone.
"It is not your fault," Vanessa spoke softly into Cassandra's ear
There was a deafening silence after this. All the gods and goddesses were staring at Vanessa with looks that expressed so much gratitude that it was actually a little embarrassing for Vanessa, who had realized she might have overstepped a line with how heated she had gotten during her speech.
The silence continued for an uncomfortable moment until finally, Cassandra spoke with her head still buried in Vanessa's shoulder.
"Thank you," Cassandra whispered " so much. " Cassandra finished while looking up at Vanessa and showing off a smile that could probably cause the sun to put on shades with its intensity.
Vanessa who was now both relieved that she hadn't overstepped her bounds and happy she had got her point across decided to return her smile with one of her own and replied
"Your welcome."
 Then they stayed in their position for a little while longer by then Cassandra was able to calm down completely after that: at least that is until she began to realize she was practically cuddling Vanessa on the floor at this point in front of every one of her sisters who seemed to all have a slightly jealous look on their face along with her only brother who looked almost as if he was taking a picture of them; this resulted in Cassandra proceeding to blush insanely, quickly get up, and change the subject or else she would dig a hole to crawl into so she could die of her embarrassment at that moment.
" A-all right a-are you ready to go?"
Vanessa was slightly amused at Cassandra's reaction but decided not to tease her she looked like she was embarrassed enough as it is. Vanessa began to think about what was going to happen seriously then asked something before making her decision.
118