Chapter 2: Cursed Child
167 6 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My elder sister, Amanda, leaned onto a young butler who, by the looks of it, was a recent hire. The poor boy attempted to retreat from her conflicting advances but ended up hitting the back-shelf of the library, allowing several books to fall straight down. Her dark blue eyes crossed mine and a wide grin popped on her bright red lips.

   “Oh, my... Ophelia, aren’t you too young to be in such a place?” She mockingly asked.

   Usually, I’d address this situation with the pitiful, naive girl act that had taken me years to master; yet it was about time for the second part of the show to start and, unluckily for her, my dear sister was the main character, being in for a wonderful yet scary treat.

   “Indeed, sister...” Unbothered, my body strolled towards the shelf right next to them, hands stretching out onto a shelf before getting hold of a heavy, ancient book. “I thought I had entered the library, but I must’ve gotten the directions wrong... this place looks much more like a brothel, wouldn’t you agree?”

   The boy’s chocolate eyes widened, completely taken aback by my shocking statement, as my feet twirled through the small library, heading to one of the wooden tables by the large windows. My body sunk on the chair and my fingers happily slid through the precious item. From the corner of my eye, Amanda’s cheeks turned beet red, mimicking a lobster which had been cooked to utmost perfection.

   “What did you say, you little wench!?” She dashed at me before causing her hands to bang on the wood and leaning her torso forward. Just like two jewels hanging from the ceiling, her large breasts jingled back and forth inside her expensive, vivid red dress.

   Always so mature.

   “It is quite simple sister... if you wish to be in that line of business, I can ask some of my maids to help... you seem to be very experienced with their leftovers after all.”

   At my response, her expression became bitter, causing her figure to instantly align in a pitiful attempt to display some kind of superiority. She might not have been aware, but all those young butlers had already been hand-picked by Vanessa and Penny, who made them to be anything but pure young boys. Having extremely generous hearts and complete control over my finances, they loved to aid poor newcomers, in exchange for certain satisfactions, of course.

   Understanding the opportunity, the young butler quickly left the library, unscathed by my sister’s claws, which, compared to my maids, would be a tiny scratch in his figure.

   Amanda’s distressed expression made a shiver filled with excitement run down my spine. “You... you...! You insolent brat! You don’t even know what you are talking about!”

   Just as flowers were bound to blossom during Seedling, so were my dear sister’s anger issues, all born from her terrible, spoiled personality. Without thinking about the situation clearly, her body instantly approached mine as her arm waved backward, gathering all the strength it could to strike me; but, as her hand was about to hit my cheek, my fingers surrounded her wrist and smashed it onto the table, using her own built-up momentum. With the harsh impact, a pained groan escaped her lips.

   “Wha... what!?”

   “Dear sister... you might anger the cursed one... aren’t you afraid?” Contrary to whatever rang inside her distorted brain, my thoughts were calm and clear, allowing every word to fully sink into her soul.

   “Ah! You seriously think I am afraid of a bitch like you? You can’t do anything!” Even without being able to move her left hand, she presumptuously pushed her large crimson curls back. “I guess I should be the first to congratulate you, younger sister... you will wed Terrel Wharton! Aren’t those great news!?”

   Her obnoxiously victorious laugher rang in my head, causing my patience to approach its limit. No matter how many opportunities she gets... she always fucks it up.

   “Since you aren’t afraid...” Slowly, my free hand grabbed a silver letter opener that laid on top of some envelopes beside me. “Shall we find out?”

   Immediately, I pulled her arm, forcing her chest to fall right onto the table with a bang. Amanda whined and her usual graceful expression contorted, causing several wrinkles to appear at the edges of her face. It was only when her attention shifted to my hands, where the letter opener, laid right on top of her index finger, that reality sunk in. With a quick movement, the steel entered her flesh, allowing some sweet fluid to drip out and her face to mimic a ghost’s.

   “You know how curses begin, don’t you...?” A wide grin appeared on my lips as an overwhelming sense of delight traveled through my body from seeing her so confused and horrified. “Tell me... shall we try to curse you too, sister?”

   Amanda began yelling while trying to escape from my grasp, which only grew tighter with every harsh movement she made. Due to all the screaming, the guards busted the door open, and I removed my grip from her hand, allowing her to messily straighten her body.

   “You’re fucking insane! I will tell Father!” She declared, while massaging her wrist in strong, round movements. After seeing the bitter smile on my lips, her thin eyebrows grew closer together, and she left towards Alvin’s study room.

   The tall, well-built men standing at the entrance of the library followed her footsteps, silently and methodically, as if baby-sitting a 18-year-old was their lifelong dream. They paid me no attention since it was common knowledge that my existence was less important than their useless time itself.

   Finally alone with my own thoughts, a chuckle escaped my being; I couldn’t help it. Amanda’s horrified expression kept on sinking in my memory, repeatedly, and each time it appeared, the images grew on me, providing far more pleasure than they probably should.

5