Chapter 76: Titan (Part 2)
836 2 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sit" Zack said firmly for the third time. In response to Zack's gaze, Titan looked at him with those bright eyes, wagging his tail cheerfully, with no intention whatsoever of doing what he was ordered. Zack isn't even sure if Titan understood him.

Zack crouched down and gently took Titan's ears in his hands. "Because of you, I'm broke again. You better hope it was worth it. This training is essential for you to live here with me. Otherwise, I'll have to send you back to the store. Understand?"

Seeing Titan's lost look, Zack knew he hadn't understood a word. Zack sighed. "Forget it. We shouldn't rush. It's obvious we won't make any more progress today. Let's have breakfast."

"Woof!"

Upon hearing that, Titan's eyes lit up, and his tail wagged happily from side to side, excited about getting something to eat.

"I see you understood that much," Zack said reproachfully as he stood up and headed to the kitchen to cook something, followed by an eager Titan.

With the ingredients he had bought at the market, Zack's diet became much healthier and more diverse. Having lived his whole life with his parents, Zack's culinary skills leave much to be desired. However, there's no harm in preparing some basic recipes.

The advice he received from that bandit turned out to be very useful. She didn't teach him anything extraordinary, just the basics: how to hold a knife, how to cut ingredients, how to prepare certain dishes, etc. Thanks to this, Zack could avoid many mistakes that would have not only wasted ingredients but also harmed himself in carelessness.

Once the meal was prepared, he divided it into two plates, one large and one small, and carried them to the dining room, followed by a hungry animal.

When Zack placed the food on the floor, Titan pounced on it as if it were prey and started eating with gusto.

It's been a few days since Zack bought him at the store. During this time, Zack has been trying to train him as best as he can. Although he's not sure about Titan's breed, he's a puppy. Zack doesn't want him to do whatever he wants and cause trouble when he grows up.

Training is essential to have an animal with you. Titan was originally a pet. His role was to be adorable and playful, so he wasn't trained.

Unfortunately, Harris, the owner of the pet store, doesn't offer training services. Otherwise, Zack would have hired him. All he can do is try to train Titan as best he can based on memories of animal training he read in books and saw on TV. Obviously, things aren't that easy.

Seeing that Titan had finished eating, Zack got up from his seat, took the dishes to the kitchen, changed his clothes, and went to the living room where the dog was waiting.

"Come on, we have a lot to do today."

Woof.

Zack left his house, followed by his new companion, towards the forest. Due to the preparation of medicine, Zack had run out of medicinal herbs again, and the ones he had planted in the garden weren't enough to cover his needs, so he was forced to return to the forest.

Regarding the preparation of the remedies written in the old doctor's notebook, there had been no progress yet. Medicine preparation in this world is more difficult than he thought. Not only do you have to consider the quantity of each ingredient, but you also have to calculate the preparation time precisely.

Medicinal herbs in this world are very different from how they were in his world. They are much more potent and have unpredictable effects if not handled carefully. Although he's not sure of the cause, Zack suspects it's due to the presence of mana.

Not only plants but also people are affected by the presence of mana. People here are stronger and in better condition than in his world. Although that may be due to the presence of classes, Zack is sure that even without the system, people in this world would be much stronger than those in his world.

When they reached the forest, Titan began to observe everything around him, the trees, the grass, the puddles of water. Everything seemed new and exciting to him. At least, that's what Zack thinks. He doesn't know Titan's history before adopting him.

The direction they were heading was already decided. These days, Zack has identified some points in the forest where certain plant species necessary for the notebook recipes grow.

Thanks to his constant exploration of the forest, Zack has gained initial familiarity and can navigate the peripheral area easily without getting lost.

In no time, he and Titan reached one of the collection points. Quickly, Zack approached and began to gather. The plant he was pulling from the ground was called Honey Blossom. It is a very common plant on the continent and can be found almost anywhere. Despite its commonness, it is also known for having medicinal properties that help combat fevers and colds, making it coveted among doctors.

The reason it's called that is that the flower petals are a radiant yellow color similar to honey.

When Zack saw these kinds of plants in books, it seemed like he was reading fantasy books. Now that he's seeing them in person, he realizes how magical this world is and the thousands of things he hasn't seen yet.

While he was entranced by the beautiful color of the petals, his mind couldn't help but think of all the wonders in this world.

If he could, he would travel from town to town and city to city, seeking books at each stop and exploring all kinds of wonders on his journeys. Zack can't imagine a better way to spend his life.

(Who knows? Maybe someday that will be possible) he thought as he finished collecting the flowers. Although it wasn't a dream life, he knows he's very satisfied with his life here in the village. He knew how lucky he was, and how different things could have been if he hadn't escaped.

The only thing he would like right now is to improve his medical knowledge, not only to make the disguise flawless but also so that if there comes a time when someone's life depends on him, he won't be unable to do anything.

"Titan, let's go. We still have places to go," he said to the dog that was running among the flowers.

Woof Woof.

"Hahaha. I see our doctor has arrived quite early."

As they headed to the next collection point, a voice sounded behind them.

 

A NOTE FROM DAOISTWGQXZL
 
If you want more chapters visit my patreon:
patreon.com/DaoistwgQxZL
32