31. Puppets
739 4 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
I'm sorry for ditching you guys for 2 days, had some external and internal stuff to figure out, but I finished everything at last. Expect continuous releases for 7 days a week, for a while at least. Also, I edited the previous chapters using Grammarly, and shit, so much wrong grammar, 30-90 something mistakes per chapter. Hopefully, the chapters don't lose flavor or something.

Audra did a slow turn of her head, casually and emotionlessly observing her surroundings. The 3 figures still hidden by the darkness of the night waited for her next action, which was obvious what she would do.

"As always, you Dark excuse of mages think that you could overwhelm your opponents with your so-called spell gimmicks." She adjusted her glasses with her right hand. As the hand was in front of her face, its back, more specifically the glove's back, shined dimly, manifesting a thin outline of a golden Sigil.

"Disperse!" The leading figure vanished as suddenly as he emerged, reappearing a distance they judged they could react to Audra's almost unknown abilities. The other 2 strangely quiet figures also did the same, one going back into the ground, while the other got pulled back at insane speed backward.

"Sigh, you're really a bastard." Audra looked distastefully at the leading figure. She recognized the other 2 figures almost the moment they appeared, after all, they were the security guards of the Academy, the ones she interacted with the most. 

She only saw them 4 days ago, yet they were reduced to what seemed to be a puppet. She wanted to feel sorry for Edd and Ray, they were dedicated and loyal to the Academy seeing as they chose such an unrewarding job. But she didn't, she didn't have the space to feel sadness for every acquaintance she ever met in her long life.

'Sigh, why does everything have to be so troublesome.' Eyes closed, she prayed for their peaceful passing in her heart, golden light shining brightly in the back of her glove, she raised it high above her head, and stretched her fingers, while her eyes focused entirely on the leading figure.

"Be witness oh Thy, Shattering Tempest!"The golden Sigil manifested as a huge 3-meter projection, floating above her head, releasing intense arcs of golden light and lightning.

"SHIT!! You bitch!!" The leading figure exclaimed in fright, though he didn't know the spell, the pure undulating might of it left him sweating, He instantly disappeared from her front, reappearing 50 meters away from her back. 

Audra scoffed as she sensed the leading figure's position without even looking back. The spell inscribed into the glove was one of her best offensive spells she used as a finisher, or in this case, begin and finish her fight without any more troublesome things happening.

She designed the spell to counter sneaky enemies like this, it's activation required it to have a clear target to go after, which she did in the beginning when she was adjusting her glasses. After that it pursued the target endlessly, going after it until it completely exhausts its energy.

The golden sigil grew to four meters in size, and once it was complete,  it began to condense into a fist-sized golden ball surrounded by intense golden lightning. 

The moment it formed, it instantly zoomed toward the leading figure, who cursed internally, disappearing into thin air, and reappearing the opposite of where he was, this time a hundred meters away.

Audra sighed internally once she saw the actions of the leading figure, as it seems they weren't good with defensive spells, the weakness or more like the only thing that could have a chance at stopping her spell. 

She paid little attention to the chase between her golden ball and the leading figure, as she eyed the two unmoving figures, Edd and Ray. She was lucky that the enemy she was fighting seemed to be inexperienced in combat situations. The spell she was charging needed focus, focus that they could have disrupted if they ordered Ed- no the puppets to attack her.

'Now what should I do?' She didn't know how they were puppeteer-ed, meaning she didn't know how to mercilessly and quickly dispatch them. This only left destroying their bodies utterly or reducing them to unmovable meat.

"It seems you guys are annoying till the end." She raised her left hand, her palm facing Edd's position. It manifested 5 golden-shaped spears with a length of one meter. 

As they shot from her palms, Edd who was unmoving instantly raised his hand upward, the earth on the ground following his hand movement as a thick wall rose as if being pulled by extreme force.

The first 2 golden spears were stopped, their energy shattering the ordinary earth wall instantly. 

That instant bought enough time for Puppet Edd to move away from the path of the 3 rapidly approaching golden spears.

BOOM!! 

The spears dug a storm of clouds as they exploded the ground behind them.

Audra just frowned, feeling frustrated that the leading figure was able in his dire situation to command the Puppet.

She backed away 5 meters in a second, seeing her previous position filled with thick earth spears that were supposed to skewer her.

"You guys are making it difficult for me to bury what's left of you." She again moved instantly, reappearing another few meters away.

The spikes were thicker and more numerous, meaning Ray was directly underneath her. His ability was limited in range, but it allowed him to merge with the earth and move through it like a fish in the sea.

She again raised both of her hands, each where she sensed the location of Edd and Ray. Her gloves released more golden light, and manifested 10 spears for both hands, one going after Edd and the other onto the ground a few meters in front of her.

Edd again evaded, while Ray quickly jumped from the ground like a fish, the spears meant for him passing his feet by a millimeter and exploding, forming a deep crater on the ground.

'Ugh! Do I-' Her thoughts were interrupted as the leading figure emerged right in front of her, their hand holding a dagger realizing black light.

Audra didn't panic, her hands formed into a cross, manifesting a golden shield filled with tiny runes in front of her. 

The dagger met the shield, digging into it by an inch. The leading figure leaned into the dagger, using more force to try and break through it.

Audra stared emotionlessly at the figure, sidestepping to the side a second later as the golden lighting ball with immense speed passed where she was standing.

Before it could completely collide and evaporate the leading figure, they threw the black dagger right in front of it,  temporarily stopping it. Enough time that the leading figure disappeared into thin air.

Just as it disappeared, spikes of earth emerged from the ground right underneath Audra, causing her to frown, and prepare to move away from them.

The black dagger wasn't destroyed by the golden ball somehow, and as it tumbled in the air, it stopped suddenly in midair before shooting directly at where Audra wanted to move from.

Cornered from two sides, she changed her movement to go backward but the leading figure appeared again, holding another dagger of the same.

The golden ball in front of her stopped, shooting backward instantly, right into her chest.

'Oh fuck..'

 

I would like it if you guys commented about the chapters. I feel like I'm not doing a good job, and making plot holes. My biggest worry is that I'm not doing a good job explaining situations and important information, so I would appreciate it if you point out my deficiencies so that I can improve my writing and storytelling.

4