Prologue
1.8k 3 28
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Father! Oh Father..." 

{sob~Sob..} The cries of a woman around the age of 40 resounded on the beach. The dust of the now cremated father of hers were scattered in the wind and sea. She, along with at least 20 more people were very clearly distraught over the death of the old man. 

{Sigh~} 

"So souls do exist... I was never really a firm believer in any magical or goldy idea and firmly thought of this world to be a purely scientific one but the fact that I am able to see my family mourning for my death, Makes it really hard to refute the truth..., In the end I died peacefully away from all the killing of being an assassin and a mercenary as well as a hunter. Man those were some hard years. Glad I stopped and started a bussiness."

As he was finishing his thoughs he felt a sudden pull on his soul and he saw himself going further away from the ground at an increasing pace. Facing the unknown circumstance he was actually scared a little. A vortex appeared behind him which sucked him inside and in a split second everything went dark.  


In a cemetery that seemed to be hastily constructed at the edge of a walled medieval town....

As he came to himself everything was dark. He felt around him with his arms that were a little restricted in the small confined space. He touched around and felt coarse wood barricading him from all sides. Even though he couldn't see anything but pitch black he understood were he was. 

"I am currently inside of a coffin." He said... or at least that is what he tried to say but all that came out ws some incomprehensible garbage. At that he panicked a little and quickly assesed the situation, by feeling first his neck and then the rest of his body. 

As a professional killer he knew how the human body looked like perfectly, inside out. And what he noticed made him pretty horrified even as a person that lived with death by his side for the first 40 years of his life. 

'What is this?! Chunks of my body are almost missing all over the place. I barely feel any skin and my bones are showing from many different spots! Wait! Calm down. I am currently in a body that is not mine, i was cremated so this couldn't be my grave. I also am in a body that is thought to be dead by people around me as I have been burried. This is by itself almost impossible so knowing that with a body like this I shouldn't be able to stay alive even for a second. I can tell my body and my heart is not beating at all and blood isn't flowing in my body. After taking all of this into account then I can only be a monster. There is no other possible explenation to this so I am forced to turn to the supernatural. How else can this decimated body be explained? I will just assume that I am currently a Zombie even though I can think and I am not in any need to eat any brains but I am what some would call an Undead.'

With that internal Monologue finally coming to an end Alexei started thinking about how to get out of this grave, It didn't need much thinking though., the only way to get out is to dig out and so he did. He broke open the top of the roughly made casket and let all of the dirt fall on top of him.

'As I expected I don't suffocate from the dirt covering me as I don't need oxygen to survive.' With that he started clawing his way out, and while doing that he noticed a few different things. He was Moving his hands at a slow pace and couldn't seem to be able to move them faster, along with that he seemed to be stronger than what a normal ault male would be. He took those as Basic characteristics of Zombies in this... World that he was in. He was having a hard time naming where he is as he didn't know much about it but on earth in his previous life (technically his only life since he is an undead.) Things like undead and fantsy elements like this were generally thought to not exist.

A minute or so later he finally managed to make his way out of the dirt, once he got out completly and stood up he looked around and was pretty astounded by what he saw. He was in the middle of a huge graveyard, from a quick inspection it had more than one thousand graves. What was actually weird about it is the fact that all of these graves seemed to be newly built. They all looked a few days old. After Looking at the graveyard he turned around and saw the walls of the city close to his position. He wanted to rush towards it immidiately but stopped his thoughts as he had to take into consideration his current appearance.and like that without any other possibility he marched on slowly towards the forest that surounded the graveyard and the Walled town. 

28