Chapter 1-5: Run into the Forest
1.3k 13 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A woman was walking steadily and calmly through the streets of a city, she was currently in a side market going around bying some of the nessecitites that she and her master would need for the future. She may have Given herself up completely to him but this didn't mean that she was willing to sleep on the cold hard ground and also not wash herself with soap and take care of her face and hair. This was simply impossible for a lady of noble birth. While Silveta was taking care of her bussiness Alexei was in the forest Having fun in the first time in the past few days, since he didn't let Silveta know that he is a monster, mainly because of his hideous appearance. He was out here hunting, though there weren't many animals for him to kill he still managed to find a few. These past 3 days that they had spent in the forest in order to see what the actions of others would be after seeing the dead bodies in the forest road and what they would do about the missing Silveta. Alexei had learned from her that  This hole charade was actually a concubine's jealousy taken too far. She was just travelling to this city because her husband had wanted to make a trade with the baron that lorded over these lands. But the beloved concubine of Baron Bartelo saw this as a chance to finally get rid of the whore that was taking her rightfull place as the legal wife just because she is from the Viscount household of Alrdircht.

In these days that had passed Alexei didn't have much chance to hunt but he did manage to keep getting closer to his new evolution slowly and also he now had familiarized himself woth his newfound strentgh. The reason why he was finally free is that the previous day the had seen a procession of knights marching into the city. According to Silveta they were not knights from the Bartelo house but instead were Holy knights. They were the believers of the religion if this Kingdom. The Romanof kingdom was not a theocracy but it had very close ties to the church as thanks to the myth of it's Creation there is constant fear of vampires and there have also been many zombie sightings over it 100 year history. The god they believed in was called Adenthol. The god Of justice. He was not the god of the sun as Alexei excpected from the idea that he had about vampires but as he himself found out, vampires are not weak to sunlight in this world. Or at least it is not one of their main characteristics anymore, maybe it used to be but they evolved to not have that weakness through the years. You know, Natural selection. 

As he finished eating one Black rabbit that he had caught, He heard something from the road outside the forest, Horses galloping, armour clanging and men yelling to go faster. Then he looked up and saw a group of 5 Armoured knights rushing towards Iliva. Seeing the insignia of the Bartelo family he immidiately understood that they were the search party sent by Silveta's husband to find out why his wife had not returned yet. 

'This could be troublesome... But I think she can take care of it byherself. she won't be found out and I trust her, well I trust in my ability to coraupt a person for my own benifit.' Thought Alexei as he Watched the procession of knights rush into the city while stopping. I waited there for an hour Until I saw Silveta rushing Towards me. She was caring a lot of stuff but she was still running the best she could. Behind her around twelve city guards were closing in.At this point I was already in disguise and was running towards Silveta. after closing in I could here the soldiers yelling. "STOP RIGHT THERE! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO LEAVE TOWN!" they yelled. Hearing this Alexei sped up furhter, as he chraged right in. 'This is going to be dangerous but I have no choice but to fight them, The problem isn't Silveta or the supplies but me, In the forest I am probably Slower than Her and the Soldiers." Thinking that Alexei Rushed Past Silveta

"Keep Running!" He yelled without looking and jumped up nto the air. He Smashed the first soldier in the head with his knee and while falling he used his body to jump parallel to the ground towards the second closest soldier. He brandished his claws ans slashed open the neck of the poor dude. He then unseathed the enemy soldiers sword and threw it towards the soldier closest to him that was already swinging towards his waist. He then jumped to the right and engaged another one. The thrown sword slammed with incredible force into the chest of the soldier and almost passed through as it pulverized his heart and lungs. The other soldier that was being charged by Alexei jumped back and the rest covered his retreat. The Nine soldiers that were still alive were having a stand-off against Alexei in this moment.

"Hey! Look at those claws! This guy is a Ghoul!"

"You are right! Go Back and call for the Holy Knights of Justice. Adenthol WILL PROTECT US!" 

Those soldiers quickly reached their own conclusion and 1 of the remaining soldiers turned his back and started running but before he could gain any distnce a flying object suddenly pierced the back of the soldier's head as he fell face down on the ground, Lifeless. 

"Wha!" 

"What did he throw?"

The soldiers were startled seeing the soldier dying from an unkown projectile but once they looked bakc towards Alexei they only managed to see a rain of Flying daggers made from the teeth and the sharpened claws of the Forest animals that he had hunted the past few days. 

Those daggers kept coming at blindingly fast speeds as the soldiers could barely react. Ten then twenty then thirty, all of them managed to find a target. By the end of the relentless barage only the strongest of the Soldeirs that had stood furthest back and the leader of the rest was still standing the rest were either injured or dead. The Leader seeing all of his trusted suboardinates on their lasts legs grew frenzied and charged at Alexei. Alexei saw this and smirked when suddenly he saw the soldier speed up and almost disappear from his sight, When he saw the soldier again he was right in fron tof him and his sword was cleaving down at an incredible speed. Alexei quickly put an arm Above his head and the sword slashed down.

{SWING! CRACK!} t=The sword Imbeded itself in Alexei's ar as it cut his bone. Alexei grimaced in pain from the shattered bon eand broken nerves but his expirience quickly kicked in and he used the olny hand he had left. He thrust at the neck of the Guard Leader and decapitated him using all of the force he could. 

"Shit! ha~~" Alexei let out a heavy breath and went on quickly killing the rest of the soldiers then before he left he took whatever he thought of as important, picked up the body of the leader and left. Thanks to his strength his already average speed was not Lowered by much more as he quickly reached the forest. There he Found Silveta standing anxiously with all the stuff they had packed and waiting for Alexei. 

"Silveta good Job escaping, You did great. Now let's Run for it. Quickly point towards the deapth's of the forest!" Alexei stated once he reached Silveta. he didn't miss the chance to praise her. When training anything, one should remember to always use the carrot and the stick, and all the other memory cues and tactics that they have decided to use. No matter the situation.

 

21