Chapter 1-6: Dangerous World and Free will
1.1k 13 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

They started running towards the north right away. After half an hour of non stop runinng Silveta was so exhausted that she collapsed to the ground. Alexei stopped and dropped everyhting that he was carrying. He then went close to her and placed her back on a tree and said. 

"You recollect your energy here and I will go ahaed and dispose of all the unessecary things." Alexei then left and tokk some of the staff he had been carying with him for this past half hour. After quickly runnign towardsa small creek that he had heard while running, he opened the big makeshify bags that were filled with the hearts and brains of the soldiers that he had just killed. He then quickly ate them before the g0t any colder. After that with his huge appetite while he was starting to feel the energy spread in his body he consumed the body of the soldier that had the special ability. When he had the time he finally planned to ask how supernatural and magical forces work in this world. Other than his own existence he had already seen two magical things happening. The Blood controling abilities that the dead knight leopold gained after drnking a small potion and the huge momentary increase in speed and strength that the Guard leade had gained. Both were used as last resosrts though so he still could not figure out how far spread the magical abilities were spread. 

After he finished eating the man he suddenly felt a rush. The energy inside him started to go faster and faster as he started to itch all over his body both inside and outside. Compared to the unbareable pain from the previous evolution this was much less.....explosive. 5 minutes later he stood back up took out his clothes and and tested out his body after what he deemed to be an upgrade, a lesser evolution of shorts. As he sees it after some time he will become strong enough and turn into someting like an elite ghoul and olny once he reaches that state will he be then able to evolve further. He then looked at himself and found out that the huge wound in his arma had been healed... not really, the bone was still broken but it was at least not shattered and the skin and meat that used to be there hadn regrown.

After realizing that he had grown taller, stronger and faster yet again he wore the clothes that were now a tighter fit than before and went back to Silveta. Where he picked her up and put her on his shoulders, With all of the nessecities on his one arm and the rest on silveta's back. Once Alexei was ready to start running again he heard the barks of dogs followed by some shouting. 

"Follow the scout dogs, they smelt something over towards the North-East!" Is what Alexei heard when he understood that the Holy knights were closing in and the dogs had smelt the blood from the bodies he ate near the river. Without having the time he booked it. He kept running and running without stopping. After well more than 3 hours when Alexei was completely exhausted and almost ready to drop down to the ground uncoscious. he decided to sit down and rest. It was afternnon by now, and the two had travelled more than 50 kilometers towards the north in a straight line and by now they had entered the middle area of this forest called Licht forest, because this is supposedely the forest that the First king came out of when the sun had just dawned on the east after slaying the Vampire that used to live in the forest. Sitting down Alexei had Silveta, Who showed more care than usual, Feed him some food and help him drink some water. He stayed there unmoving for more than 10 minutes. 

 

In this area of the forest according to Silveta there existed Magical beasts. They were Animals that had evolved with magical innate abilities. They had strong Hides, they were fast and strong. Far above the animals that he had hunted the past four days. Silveta told Alexei that the magical neasts should be around the strength of the guard Leader. Alexei was thinking that they were in a predicament, since they had rushed unprepared into the more dangerous parts of the forest. Just four hours ago he had undestood, by almost getting his head cut in two, that he had severly underestimated the world. Which in hindsight is stupid enough to call retarded since Alexei had seen what even something with the word Lesser in it's title could decimate more than 10 strong and battle hardened veterans in just a minute. If something like that is possible then why should it be hard to exterminate one lonely ghoul. The only reason he won was because he is actually smart compared to the rest of the undead that don't get the privilage of the ability to think. 

{Boom! BOOM! BOOOM! CRACK!} Out of nowhere three sounds were heard on after the other as something right across Alexei seemd to be getting closer and closer when after the third heavy step The tree opposite of his position cracked at it's base and was smashed down to the ground, where the tip of it fell just a few meters in front of Alexei and Silveta. What appeared from the settled dust could be called nothing else but..... Weird? No a monstrosity. A  Black rabbit the size of a bear with a horn one meter tall on top of it's head that shone in Bright Red light stared down, with it's bulging muscles and it's blood red from rage eyes, at the two Dumbfounded people. Alexei jumped to action right away he pushed Silveta to the side and brandished the sword that he had kept from that Guard leader. He then rushed to right, away from Silveta. The rabbit immidiately gave chace, With nothing but one huge hop it had jumped to the sky and landed straight down were Alexei was before he had jumped and rolled away. 'This is going to be troublesome, at least Silveta will not get in the way.'

Alexei after standing up from the roll didn't start running away again. he was one to run away and it wouldn't do any good in the first place. so he charged right in. With an almost human intelligence, the Black rabbit Queen scorned Alexei's attempt to attack. It put power in it's legs and jumped forward with it's horn ready to pierce through the small and weak prey. 

Alexei had preticted this as a possible action f the rabbit and so he was ready. He hit the ground sliding below the Rabbit queen, and at the same time swang his sword at it's leg. The rabbit queen flew past him and smashed into a tree, after knocking the tree down, the rabbit queen turned around even more anrgy than before. Blood was floing from a not so shallow wound on it's leg. It jumped in the air and dove down while spinning it's body creating a drill effect. This all heppened in a second or two and Alexei didn't have the time to do much. 

As the rabbit Queen smashed into the ground, Dirt scattered in all directions and filled the air. A small tornado seemed to have formed in this dirt brown air, but in this moment of domination for the Rabbit queen a shrill cry was heard from the eye of the tornado. The rabbit immidistely disengaged it's attack as it jumped out of the hole that it had created.One of it's eyes was missing the blood had flowed down it's fur covering it completely. When looking at the hole one would notice tha broken bark of a tree standing upright with a big eyeball pierced on it. 

The rabbit queen was starting to feel weak from the sudden blood loss and pain. This Mixture of sensations sent it into a frenzy, fighting for it's life. It's fur Stood up and it hissed at Alexei. Looking straight at him with it's Last eye. It Put force into it's legs, the previous wound became even more agrevated and blood spurted out. The Rabbit queen jumped at Alexei with it's horn shining the brightest red it ever has. The air around the area seemd to be heating up. Alexei brandished his sword and decided to use a tactic that only a zombie would be able to use. The end was decided in but split second. The rabbit queen fell down on the ground lifeless, with a sword sticking out of it's empty eye socket. The sword had managed to Pierce it's brain. A few meters in front of the rabbit a figure could be seen sprawled out on the ground. Alexei was now almost dead. The smell of burnt meat spread out in the forest as what was left of his chest was burning from the residual heat of the horn, Well... there wasn't much chest left to burn as there was a big hole reaching from the top of Alexei's lungs all the way down to the top of his stomach. 

The pain was unbearable. Alexei was sure that even if he didn't die because of his undead nature he would kill himself right now in order to releas himself from this pain. Something Even worse than the brain melting pain of evolving.

'I don't want to die though... i really don't..........THEN I WON'T! As if i will let myself die! I have somehow been given a new life in this world and I don't plan on letting my dream of Ultimate freedom to die again. Hell! This world is much more interesting than the previous one. How can I die without seeing where this path of evolution will lead me? How can I die without making my own harem and living my life in luxury without needing to obey the orders of everyone? FU#CK THAT!' 

Alexei thought and With sheer force of will he crawled himself close to the rabbit queen's body, and he started eating it. Doesn't matter if it was fur or dirt or bone or actuall meat, he devoured everything.

17