Chapter 1-8: Westward path and magic
1.1k 13 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the spicy session They both got up, Alexei picked up the one meter horn of the Rabbit queen that had now lost it's luster but still maintained some of it's heat. They then went to pick up their stuff and left. They decided that for now they should head west instead of going north, going further north would only increase their troubles as even after Alexei had a minor evolution to the Elite ghould state, they still felt that going inside the deepest parts of the forest ment certain death. East wards was... well the place where the Holy knights chacing them were from if they went straight east from here then they would end up at a place between the city of Iliva and the furthest branches of the church of the God of Justice. Thusly they marched on west. since they had lost plenty of time fucking they tried their best to walk at a steady pace while at the same time taking the care to not make their path completely clear and also cover their sent. The challenges they faced in their journey through the forest were numerous. just a few kilometers after the start of it they were faced with the attack of one Shadow wolf. A viscious animal that hid in the shadows and assassinated it's targets by cutting their throat with its massive and thin claws. The only reason why they didn't die from it's surprise attack was the extreme senses of Alexei. With his ability to smell being far better than that of a normal human he could smell the blood of the beasts past victims from the moment it started stalking them, and even then it's speed far surpassed Alexei's dexterity. The one who contributed the most to it's death was Silveta who, the moment it tried lunge at Alexei after seeing that it's first attack didn't work, threw a rock at the wolf and thanks to his weak defense and Silveta's luck it landed on the wolf's knee. slowing the beast enough that it then became quick work be Alexei. 

 

After walking for the rest of the day when the sun was getting ready to set. The pair found a little cave to hide in for the night since travelling in the middle of this magical forest in the night was even more stupid than seeking refugee from the church at the current predicament. In this cave there was a small pond that they decided to bathe in. It was truly lucky that they were able to get some well needed rest. They had been mentally exhausted from the sudden and unexpected fight in the morning and the chace that ensued, even though other than the one close call with the dogs for the next 8 hours they didn't see even a hint of the holy knights existence but they both had this feeling that was looming over them. It was a dreadfull feeling that squeezed their gut. This had bee going on for almost the hole time an it only stopped after they had found the cave that they decided to spend the night in.

While they were semi relaxing Alexei finally got to finally ask a real expose of the rules that ruled the world that he was currently in. even though he didn't really get any extremely detailed and thought out explenation but at least Silveta knew the basics. In her own word magic isn't really so well used in this Kingdom. Most people don't use magic at all and only a select few people that are in high demand among the nobility are able to be called wizards, even in thse cases they don't actually have as much use as someone would expect.

Once when Silveta was still a kid and the Viscounty was prospering she had seen a wizard come to the main Villa of the Aldricht family a few times. He came and was paid extraordinary sums to check for any talented children in the family, to heal some important member from a disease and to create some magic tools and potions that were to be used by the family as it wished. The only way for people to be able to use magic is if they have a treasure to use. Said Magic item can only be gained if someone from the royal family or the Romanof kingdoms aristocracy gives it to them, since normal people could almost never afford to pay the fees tht a wizard demands. 

Now as for the different uses of magic then that would range from Control over the elements, Communication with the spirits, taming of monsters, manipulation of thought and dreamsm creating illusion, creating items and potions with many and far reaching effect as well as arrays. There were many applications of magic that according to Silveta were only heard of in legend and myth so she didn't pay them any heed, for now at least. The wasy to implement magic were many but the easiest one and the one most wizards of the kindomg used were with the use of items. Instead of versetile and imaginative magic or complexly worded and runic spells, wizards preffered to go with creating small arrays that used the power of different items, the magical energies that the wizards had accumelated inside of their own bodies along with the mgic that existed simply in the air and the ground around them, they combined the energy that was gathered from those three factors and with extreme focus some guiding words and with the help of the array they managed to control the energy and bend it to the desired effect. This was not only tedious but also extremely weak and unessecarily difficult to handle. It was basically a hodgepodge of many different ways.

There also existed other forms of magic and energy. The faith the church's believers held towards their god, Adenthol, gave them a reward of divine power that they could use in a variety of ways as well. Other than faith to a god there existed faith to ancestors and mythical animals, though the effects of that were way more minor. Sacrifial and dark demonic powers also existed, but the one Silveta mentioned last and also the one she spoke with the most awe and fear off was the blood magic. Or more specifficaly the magic ability innate to The race of vampires that are said to live among humans till this day even after the devastating war that took place thousands of years ago. One example would be the founding myth of this Romanof Kingdom. They were said to be able to create their own loyal servants. They were almost all extremely beautifull or handsome and they could weild blood as if it was an extension of their body. With the blood magic they could create seas of blood, bombs, arrays, extremely effective potions, they were able to bend the blood in other peoples body to their will if they reached the peak. They could alter bloodlines and appearances. ' So in other words they were masters of genetic engineering... I can't wait to evolve.. even if I am not a vampire I will make sure that I become a blood mage!'

Somehow the idea of being able to change others inside out and create extremely strong beast from the slightest nothing, the idea that he would explore the history of this world be speaking with all the ancient bloodlines that existed within the current animals and humans. He didn't have such an interest before, but he suddenly felt his passion for it get ignited

16