Chapter 1-9: Geopolitics and closer to Evolution
1k 11 17
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next morning before the sun had risen the pair of despair.. not, had already packed their things, had eaten something that was hunted by Alexei and they began the second day of their long march. From Iliva city towards the west was the Bartelo barony. After that were a banch more baronies, this long row of fiefs ended at a big lake that was shared by three different kingdoms, on of them being the Romanof kingdom. But the two of them were now in the middle regions of the Licht forest and this was territory that noone owned. They would pass right above those baronies if they kept going straight and they would reach their target.. one of the three States of the Idro lake, that is how they were called by the people outside of this triangle 

Every State followed a different faith and the churches actually didn't hit it off with each other. Their dogmas were not related to one another closely and so the way they operated was majorly different. One of the states , the Blunemberg Theocracy covered the area of the lake opposite to the Romanof kingdom and it was, as stated in the name, a theocracy. It followed the god Of Power Leistung. It was extremely strict and not much was known about the happenings inside of the kingdom as it had a very good control over the information it's people and all outsiders were allowed to know.

With the current standard of technology in this world the restriction of free speach in closed circles isn't really easy but with the complete control over the people's lives thanks to military might, the lack of educated commoners and the lack of ability to spread information and talk about it that was given to countries thanks to the internet there was no way for the people to talk, on larger groups than just one family, without the Higher ups finding out about it. It was a strategy that both the Third Reich and Mao's china used. Using your neighboor against you. Make everyone fear talking because you don't know who might hear you and rat you out to the Government. It was such a tactic that used people's fear of punishment and their love for their country to turn everyone against each other. 

The Kingdom that Alexei and Silveta were aiming to go to in order to both escape the Church of Adelnoth as well as have their start was called Zantine Kingdom. Alexei was already formulating different ideas about what he wanted to accomplish and how he would go about it. It's people were a pridefull bunch, They claimed to be the decsendants of an ancient empire that used to own the land were the three kingdoms stood. It had the biggest landmass of the three and it was also the stronger kingdom, both in army and technologically. It's borders were stopped by the Licht forest to the west, the Idro lake to the south and towards the east the south eastern part bordered the Blunemberg Theocracy and the rest of the eastern border was blocked by the Mauerwand Mountain range.

This huge mountain range continued well itno the north and became an incredible shiled to the Zantine Kingdom and it's expansion towards the north. These natural defenses gave it not only a wall against a possible invasion from the allied armies of the other two kingdoms but it also allowed it to colonize and expand towards the northern plains. That colonizing frontier, a place of incredible opportunity was what our two stowaways where aimming towards 

The days passed as they travelled in the Licht forest. If they had gone through the roads they would have already reached the borders of the Romanof Kingdom but that was obviously dangerous and playing right into the enemies hand and so they decided to to march through the dangerous forest in order to appear at the center of the Zantine kingdom.

The dangers they had faced had even made them want to go bak towards the outskirts of the forest many times,  but they always chanded their minds. In the end even if they almost died thanks to mud snakes and Dire wolfs and Iron maned boars and Bronze eagles. No matter How tough it was to fight like the did it was still better than getting caugt by the church. Who would probably discover the intelligence of Alexei and keep him as an experimental subject, and toy with silveta's body until she died, as a type of cleansing.

The previous day right around the time they were thinking to find a place to spend the night Alexei sensed something. They were talking at the time and he immidiately said "I know this is out of topic but we are being stalked. Be Carefull!" Alexei said in a light hearted tone as he tried to sound as if he hadn't discovered the hunter. They had noticed the past few days how truly intelligent these beast were even though they were considered of relativly mediocre strength. Silveta acted as if nothing happened as she gazed inconspiciously towards the area Alexei had Signaled towards. There she managed to notice, two eyes, yellow eyes surrounding the black pupils but the thing that made her recognize the family of animals this hunter belonged to was the shaped of those black pupils. '

Alexei and Silveta understood that they were thinking of the same thing and they got ready, They searched for a place to stay and they put their things down. Not much was actually left after the past Five days in this forest, No Medieval styled matresses or soap or any little trinkets that Silveta had bought, they only carried A change of clothes, so that they would be able to wash them every once in a while. Some waters bags and dried meat. The last thing they carried was some gold that Silveta had at the carriage when she was attacked. All the currency that they had they threw away, since those coins would not have any value in the new kingdom. Their only purpose would be to give away their positions, to any discerning eyes.

After getting 'comfy' in the little cave that they laid down geting ready to sleep. An hour into this the enemy was finally ready to attack. It started crawling towards it's prey. Slowly and stealthily. Not one sound was heard, as if it's paws were levitating above the dirt. Once it got close enough it contracted it's body. Puttng power strength in it's legs.... it exploded straight towards Silveta. Even when it was running at a speed of more than 120 km/h the sound of the wind being swept aside was almost non-existent. as it was ready to bite down on it's prey a spike shot out of the ground. It's butt end was dug into the ground and it's peak was pointing at the incoming Mountain lion. At the last second it managed to stop it's barely avoiding plunging straight into it's death. At that point it realized it had fallen into a trap and it tried to run away. Turning around it tried to run towards the cave's exit, but at that moment a huge wooden clud came swinging from it's right. The mountin lion jumped away but the club still managed to hit it. 

{YAOW! GROWL!} The Mountain lion cried out in pain before it's eye sterted turning red and it entered a frenzy. It ribs were broken and they had puncured its organs, knowing it was going to die the beast savagely attacked. Rushing towards Alexei, it dodged the incoming sword now that it could see it coming and slashed at Alexei. The claws found their mark and the dealed a blow to Alexei's stomach. 

Alexei greeted his teeth through the pain, as his organs were starting to spill out from inside of him as a huge chunk of meat had gone missing from Alexei's body thanks to the previous attack. The Mountain lion seeing the effect of it's attack that would normally be fatal, jumped at Alexei opening it's jaws and gettign ready to bite his neck.

Alexei flashed a grim smirk as moved his body with incredible speeds and slammed his shoulder on it's head that wasn't ready to bute down yet. The Magical beast flew away and before it could stand on it's legs the last thing it saw was a sword swinging down. It;s flopped to the ground as it's lifeles body fell without any strength. Alexei sat down beside it and started feasting. The wounds started to heal quickly. The more blood he consumed the faster the healing rate. He had noticed the past few days that his gains from drinking blood were getting increasingly strong. Meat had started to matter less now and he healed much faster than before, he knew he was getting closer to his next evolution and he also new that his thoughts about evolving closer towards vampires were being confirmed.

 

 

 

17