Chapter 1-10: Stampede
863 6 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The tactics that they had used to fight the Swift Mountain Lion was something that they adopted after the recent similar fights that they had to fight against the different predators of the Licht forest. They had noticed the enchanced healing rate that Alexei gained after evolving into an Elite ghoul. Thus Alexei decided that the best course of action would be for him to take the hits as Silveta was still weak. This was not to negate the change that she had had during the past 9 days. From the time the carriage was attacked she had to leave without comforts in the forest. Running and keeping an eye out all the time for any dangers. Walking non stop an at times having to fend for herself. She had managed to kill her own prey, though it was weak, but she was growing. her feet had caluses and muscle was starting to show and become more defined as she was loosing the fat that had existed on her body from the 28 years of sitting down. And even though she was hurting all over she didn't whine or ask for rest stops all the time. She bore through the pain as she knew that both of them were suffering. 

More days went by and right now they noticed that in front of them the Magical beasts were starting to thin out. The meaning of this occurance was simple. They were finally reaching the Zantine Kingdom and they were leaving the middle regions of the Licht forest. Though... the forest would not allow them to leave without giving one more surprise gift to them. Just a they were exclaiming in happines about the end of this horrid journey they started to hear a low rumbling sound. It sounded far away, but somehow threatening, then the ground starteed to tremble. Birds started to chirp madly as they flew away from their nests, other small critters started to panic and run around. The forest seemd to awaken as a chaotic unease started to spread in the air. As the trembling of the ground began getting more and more intense Alexei and Silveta decided to pick up their pace as the unrest that was brewing in the inner regions of the forest could almost be seen and this feeling of danger that they felt...didn't want to go away. After one point in time they had started running without even noticing. The fear started to get stronger as they started to hear the roars and growls of Magical beasts in the background.

"Is it an earthquake? Some other natural disaster?!" Yelled to Silveta as they were running away. The cacophony of animals going wild and running around lke crazy didn't allow for much conversation to happen. Right after throwing the question to Silveta a sudden crack was heard as they lost their balance and almost fell down. After the first crack came the next and then one more and many many more as the ground started to split apart or crash together. Trees started to get de-rooted and crash as animals started to fall down in the small and big crevices that were being created. As Alexei was regaining his balance he looked back and what he saw made him crap his pants. It would have if he had working organs, a huge creature the size of a mountain. With wings, claws and horns stared down on the world as it tried with all it's might to break free form something. It muscles were bulging, vains were popping. It's red skin was burning with flames, ash and lave seemed to flow inside of it as plumes of smoked were released every time it breathed out. The forest was starting to catch in fure and the temperature was rising. Alexei hurriedly looked towards Silveta wh had stopped running as well. She was standing still, fear had gripped her heart. She was sweating but she didn't feel it. She had dug her nails into her palms but she didn't feel it. the only thing she could feel was an instinctual fear to run. But she couldn't even do that. The fear had gripped her so hard that all she could do was give up.....

"HEY WAKE UP!" The loud shout came inside her ear as she broke free from the fear and looked towards Alexei.

"We don't have the time to be afraid! Long before that ungodly beast comes close the stampedmif magical beasts will have trampled us into Pancakes!" 

"I know.... Thank you!" Silveta yelled back as they both started sprinting away. Their only thought to run as fast as they can, they dropped food and blankets and bags and extra clothes, whatever added wait they didn't need the threw away without stopping. These advantage that they held though didn't last for long as the magical beasts had started to catch up.

leopards and lions and wolves. Eagles and Boars and turtles. Animals with huge statures, metalic luster on their skin, Red, blue, green, black, brown horns and differnet appendages sprouted out from their bodies as they pushed and slammed their way through eahother with no care in the world. The cries of fear and death of the forest sounded out as it exploded to it's peak and everything went on a wild frenzy to survive. In that sea of monstrosity there really wasn't much Alexei and Silveta could do for themselves.

They tried to minimize their pressence and avoid all contact but how would that be possible?

While running for their Lives a big Deer with horns the size of cars came speeding down the middle of them. They were both flinged off as the fell down on the ground and rolled for meters on end. Alexei rushed to his feet and jumped out if the way as a huge 4 meter tall bull flew right past the area where he had been. 

Looking around he searched for Silvet but he Couldn't Find her. She hadn't gotten back up. Could she be dead? Eaten? Trampled? Alexei started to panick, his head was spinnig he was getting dizzy. Big rats and other animals passed by as the pushed him around, but it didn't register. His mind was in chaos.

He couldn't say he loved her before, no, neither as a friend nor as a lover but he could not deny the fact that he needed her. How many people in the world would be able to accept him and smile at him even though they new that he was in truth a monster, and the result of a vampire's actions at that. How many people had he even talked to so far? None! His only contact with humanity and generally with sentient spieces in this world was her.... The trust that was built over the past weak and some days of his life in this completely different and unfamiliar setting wasn't something to scoff at. And who decided that the strength of a bond with someone is based on the time spent together? Human(and almost human) relationships weren't something so easy to predict. 

 

Alexei steeled his mind and acted instead of hesitating. It wasn't in his character to panic in the first place. He jumped on top of the closest standing tree and looked towars the direction she should be. There he found her, she was sprawled on the ground not moving. A silent and cold rage started burning inside him. He jumped down and rushd towars her position. The White jade boar thet got infront of him died in but a second. He pulled the unfortunate animal apart with raw strength, He kept on running as he feasted on the beasts heart. he reached Silveta and felt her pulse. Her heart was beating. He felt her breath and she was breathing. He looked around and she was't bleeding, it seemed that she was just knocked unconscious. As he went to pick her up and resume her running a huge ape with six arms and 3 eyes jumped down from above. the 4 meter tall monster pointed at Silveta and then at itself.

"Mine..Give" It seemed to be saying. Alexei looked at the beast straight in the eye and spit at it. The Apes eyes turned red as As he let out a roar and got ready to smash Alexei to pieces. 

Alexei looked Calm. He didn't know why but he felt that if he won this fight then he would not only leave the forest safely but he would also gain something... he knew that it wold be important 

14